ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2020 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

If it is another /pol/ LARP

We will probably know tomorrow. That being said, I found it interesting that the poster referred to something that most non-lawyers get completely wrong, which is the one thing that makes this post on /pol/ potentially credible. See if there is anything that sticks out to you as unlikely, and then I'll explain what I noticed.

I am an insider with the Biden campaign team and have been tasked with lurking here over the past month or so trying to monitor and report on what information is being discovered and passed around on the web. Pol seems to get news on the election and fraud claims faster than any other outlet the campaign team is familiar with.

Anyway, I wanted to drop some slightly early news on you. Late this evening, the campaign received an advance copy of Sidney Powell’s lawsuit that she plans on filing tomorrow in Georgia.

I’ll just say this - a lot of people in the building lost their shit after seeing it. Not only does it make a metric ton of bombshell accusations, she appears to the goods to back up many of her claims. I have some experience with lawsuits, and I don’t recall ever seeing one with this many exhibits.

I won’t claim to be “in the know,” with respect to what fraud actually occurred or what level was approved or authorized by the big wigs at the top, but I will say that the mood around here has taken a serious turn. Earlier this evening, everyone was basically still in party mode, especially following the GSA decision yesterday to release the transition funds (champagne!). Since receiving the suit this evening, no one has heard from either Joe or Kamala and everyone is acting like it’s really, really bad.

I don’t want to say too much, except that the suit alleges some really, really bad things in the form of what amounts to basically bribes and pay-to-play schemes and implicates high level DNC operatives and GOP members in Georgia. There is some really meaningful witness testimony, including a couple of whistle blowers (DNC ops that worked on this campaign) that actually admit to being complicit with vote switching and ballot stuffing.

The element on which a number of uninformed /pol/ skeptics have focused is the "advance copy" of the lawsuit being provided to the other side. But in both arbitrations and lawsuits, it is required to provide the opposing counsel a copy of the filings at the same time you send it to the court. This can actually turn into a tactical game when deadlines are specified, since some lawyers intentionally wait to see the other side's filings before filing their own.

Since it usually takes 1-3 days for court filings to appear on the relevant court sites, it would not be uncommon for a non-lawyer to describe what is actually a copy of the filing as an "advance copy". If the post is not a LARP, what this probably means is that Sidney Powell has started the process of uploading what is a very large filing and will announce it tomorrow after it has finished.

Anyhow, we'll find out soon enough. I just thought that was an unusual non-mistake that the average LARPer would have been unlikely to make.

UPDATE: Maybe a LARP, maybe not, but the Sidney Powell lawsuit was filed as described. And while we haven't seen the exhibits yet, it does refer to a lot of them.

Labels: ,

109 Comments:

Blogger Louis Cypher November 25, 2020 6:28 PM  

Rudy made a comment today to say there were three "whistleblowers" in response to a question. He said one of them may be a democrat but he wasn't sure.

Blogger Mephiston Lord of Death November 25, 2020 6:29 PM  

Unless the states is very different from my jurisdiction you don't file exhibits with your pleadings. But given you say an advance copy is required which also isn't a requirement in my jurisdiction who knows.

Blogger Ken Prescott November 25, 2020 6:36 PM  

S/he/it was supposed to lurk. And now s/he/it pops up.

Lurkers only have value as lurkers if they're, well, lurking, and not calling attention to their existence...

If this idiot is real, there's anyone at Team Biden monitoring this idiot, said idiot is going to get hauled in and fired.

It might be legit...but I am taking it with a grain of salt roughly the size of Montana...

Blogger modsquad November 25, 2020 6:36 PM  

Party on Wayne.

Blogger David November 25, 2020 6:38 PM  

I find the fact they have been in party mode the most suspicious, since I think at least the higher-ups have to have known how fragile their case really is, and how far out of proportion the typical fraud went this time.

Blogger 1Fury2@ November 25, 2020 6:39 PM  

The average american wont know the difference in legal proceeding and media spin as seen in the differences between Asian high school students debating globalism vs. Nationalism. And two African American teams at the US college national championshios both arguing blacks oppose the government.

Compare: Asia's future leadrs
https://youtu.be/0S_-Ck-0Y2M

Americas future politicians ( or so they think):
https://youtu.be/fmO-ziHU_D8

Blogger crescent wrench November 25, 2020 6:41 PM  

Given how political these cases are I don't expect a legitimate ruling until at least the circuit level.

Hopefully the filings themselves end up on scribd or something for the public to peruse.

Blogger 1Fury2@ November 25, 2020 6:46 PM  

The differences in Americans and Asian in understanding arguments, oration, and rhetoric/ dialectic is as obvious as these two debates:

The American national college cross examination championships of 2014, where both sides argue blacks oppose the government on the topic of war powers. One side even argues time is a racist white concept:
https://youtu.be/fmO-ziHU_D8

Asian high school students in 2017 parliamentary debate on globalism vs. Nationalism.
https://youtu.be/0S_-Ck-0Y2M

I debated on the us college circuit for 2 years. The most common arguments were all marzist critiques of western civilization. The eastern daoist philosophy were some of our favorites to use to win. The marxists had no preparation for their ideas then or the asian economic or philosophical leadership now. Esp with covid 19 and election fraud

Blogger Shane Bradman November 25, 2020 6:49 PM  

Ken, why would it matter whether or not they get fired? It doesn't affect Trump's legal effort, and they were infiltrating to begin with.

Blogger VD November 25, 2020 6:49 PM  

Unless the states is very different from my jurisdiction you don't file exhibits with your pleadings.

If you look at the filings in the Patreon lawsuit on the CA Superior Court site, you can see that's exactly what their lawyers did on May 29. There are five filings on that date, four of which are pleadings and the fifth is 70 pages of exhibits. They also sent emailed all the filings directly to the lawyer for the Bears.

Blogger Claudio November 25, 2020 6:49 PM  

The timing of this, right before Thanksgiving and the weekend, is not ideal. A lot of things can happen when people are not looking.

Blogger VD November 25, 2020 6:51 PM  

I find the fact they have been in party mode the most suspicious.

Really, in light of all the doomspeaking and worrying on our side? You don't think the lower levels of the Biden campaign haven't been equally giddy and celebratory?

Blogger Yukichi Sensei November 25, 2020 6:52 PM  

They are less omnipotent than people give them credit for. You cant have unlimited watchers of the watchers.

Blogger Yukichi Sensei November 25, 2020 6:53 PM  

Leftist believe the hype, the polls, assumed they won, and they are on the right side of history.

Blogger Unknown November 25, 2020 6:58 PM  

I general conversation with friends and family if Trump comes up it is made clear that I believe Trump is the God emperor king of kings lord of Lords. 99 % shear my opinion. My accountant belivers otherwise. But he believes like I know that the God emperor Trump won extremely bigly. James in England.

Blogger Tanjil Bren November 25, 2020 6:59 PM  

"since I think at least the higher-ups have to have known how fragile their case really is, and how far out of proportion the typical fraud went this time."

It;s slightly irrelevant.
They're so high on their own propaganda (and inhabit such a fantasy bubble) that they've very probably convinced themselves that they're in an unassailable position that even the courts won't dare overturn.
And they *may* be right.
But I don't think so.
Everything I'm seeing from the various players (for good) speaks very loudly to a very solid case.
And this morning's press conference at Gettysburg was, in my humble opinion, significant.
I think this is about to explode.
(Just glad I'm here in Aus' and not on the ground in the US. The left is going to go berserk.)

Blogger The Last Roman November 25, 2020 6:59 PM  

All of my acquaintances in Europe have been "giddy" concerning what they believe to be a Biden victory. They think it's over. I wouldn't be surprised if low IQ American leftists felt much the same.

Blogger The Homeless IT Guy November 25, 2020 7:01 PM  

@3 You mean Seth Ritched or Colby Cannoed when you say fired right ?

Blogger Brett baker November 25, 2020 7:01 PM  

The Outer Party believes everything they get from the MSM.

Blogger Jake Burton November 25, 2020 7:02 PM  

What is this advance copy? I'm a paralegal who works in a georgia civil law office and I have e-filed lawsuits as well in the Georgia Odyssey portal since most Georgia counties require e-filing. When you file a civil lawsuit, ranging from small claims to circuit court, you file with the court and the process server or sheriff gives a copy to the defendant as well as the suit usually being available in the online docket. If anything it sounds like the biden team maybe paid an insider for a copy, if it has not been filed yet.

Blogger David November 25, 2020 7:05 PM  

Ivaneus wrote:Because at this point a good number of people need to pay in blood for fraud or we will never be rid of it.

Good point - I've been mainly hanging around places/people that still believe it's possible for truth to prevail. Have somewhat shut my ears to the blackpilled.

Blogger Arthur Isaac November 25, 2020 7:06 PM  

It would fit with a gamma that is coming to the realization that his meal/prestige ticket isn't going to deliver. Why not get some emotional strokes out of it while you are still the one in the know? Get the attention while it lasts...

Blogger Tanjil Bren November 25, 2020 7:06 PM  

"You don't think the lower levels of the Biden campaign haven't been equally giddy and celebratory?"

Of course they have. Your average leftist is as dumb as a bag of hammers.

Blogger VD November 25, 2020 7:08 PM  

When you file a civil lawsuit, ranging from small claims to circuit court, you file with the court and the process server or sheriff gives a copy to the defendant as well as the suit usually being available in the online docket.

How long does it take to show up in the docket? In San Francisco, it can take three days.

Blogger Reprehensible Adam November 25, 2020 7:09 PM  

Mmmmmm that feels good man!

Blogger Stilicho November 25, 2020 7:10 PM  

If it is e-filed in federal court the biden camp would be able to obtain a copy before it was served on the defendants

Blogger Ken Prescott November 25, 2020 7:21 PM  

I meant "fired" as in "strapped to a conveyer belt and fed feet-first into a blast furnace." (Grin)

Blogger Jake Burton November 25, 2020 7:22 PM  

"How long does it take to show up in the docket? In San Francisco, it can take three days."

I never honestly checked that from the public side, their docket search. Through the odyssey e-file portal though, typically within 2-3 hours you can retrieve the file stamped copy with case number.

Is it possible they had a friendly clerk who promised them a copy the moment it comes in? ABSOLUTELY. We deal with many counties but Fulton and Gwinnett are two of the worst.

Blogger Bogey November 25, 2020 7:22 PM  

At the 21:40 mark in the following video Rudy says these cases need to develop a little so they can do some discovery.

Will discovery mean getting emails and text messages from poll workers?

Blogger cyrus83 November 25, 2020 7:24 PM  

It may not appear until early next week due to the holiday. Still, this is easily able to be checked once Powell's suit is made public.

Blogger tuberman November 25, 2020 7:24 PM  

>> It would fit with a gamma that is coming to the realization that his meal/prestige ticket isn't going to deliver

I read through the whole thing, and it seems real. I vote he's NOT a Larp.

Blogger FUBARwest November 25, 2020 7:25 PM  

Not sure why a lurker, or anyone involved with the Biden campaign would make the post. Not in terms of worrying about getting caught, but why give the enemy good news, particularly if it's true.

We'll all find out tomorrow and it'll be fun to see all the crow people on the right who are defending Trump will have to eat who have been dismissing Powell and Q overall.

Blogger brbrophy November 25, 2020 7:26 PM  

Are we gonna have some truth gravy paired with our turkey gravy tomorrow?

Blogger Stilicho November 25, 2020 7:27 PM  

It would also be typical for biden/harris to meet with their legal team to determine how they would fight the allegations in any such suit. If it is as explosive as we have been led to believe, it would not be short meeting but a series of meetings with the lawyer as well as PR folks, investigators, and political operatives tasked with dirty tricks, gaslighting, evidence destruction and witness intimidation if not worse.

Blogger Noah B. November 25, 2020 7:30 PM  

What really got my attention was when Sidney Powell began making specific accusations of criminal conduct against named individuals, which would probably be considered defamatory if she doesn't have the evidence she claims. This is happening.

Blogger Damelon Brinn November 25, 2020 7:30 PM  

There have been a lot of "I am an insider with the Biden campaign" larps in the last few months, but they usually focus on his dementia and tendency to crap himself. This one reads as more legit. The one odd note to me is the claim that they've been in party mode up until this point. I doubt that DNC insiders have been doing much partying. They've known how much trouble they could be in.

Blogger crescent wrench November 25, 2020 7:30 PM  

It's clear these cases are too complex to fully present and appeal before the January deadline.

This means so long as they can prevent certifications and the supreme court doesn't cuck the GOP "house delegations" will be re-seating Trump.

Blogger Dan in Georgia November 25, 2020 7:31 PM  

If he was tasked with monitoring /pol/, then he's not the typical leftist bot that hangs around on twitter or reddit. He would be one of the first in his group to figure out the jig is up.

He may already be sending resumes to FNC/CNN/MSNBC now that the Biden Admin isn't going to happen.

Blogger Warren C. Bennett November 25, 2020 7:36 PM  

If someone that works for Biden is only there for a paycheck and not an ideologue, I could see them popping up. Plus they probably aren't doing so on the campaign account. It's not hard to create burner accounts and such.

Blogger Harry_the_Horrible November 25, 2020 7:37 PM  

I sure hope Ms. Powell is well guarded.

Blogger Dan in Georgia November 25, 2020 7:37 PM  

Jake Burton wrote:Is it possible they had a friendly clerk who promised them a copy the moment it comes in? ABSOLUTELY. We deal with many counties but Fulton and Gwinnett are two of the worst.

As a fellow Georgian, you have my condolences having to work with Fulton and Gwinnett courts. I figured Dekalb would have been in the top 2 for worst, but Gwinnett has the added problem of illiterate illegals from central America in the mix.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash November 25, 2020 7:40 PM  

Genrally speaking, yes. You have to show a case. Once the initial case is accepted, any records reasonably related become discoverable. In this case, that will include emails and texts from state/county employees to political organizations.
Don't get your hopes too high, however. The defendants will probably ask for them to be sealed, and the court might grant the request.

Blogger Azimus November 25, 2020 7:47 PM  

Is there some advantage in spreading false hope in the enemy camp? I can't imagine that aids the demoralization campaign, so from that standpoint it could be legit - but - can you actually file a lawsuit on a holiday in GA?

Blogger Doktor Jeep November 25, 2020 7:48 PM  

And it implicates the GOP as well. That would be the GWB-McCain-Romney wing of RINOs and neocons. This goes deeper than typical DNC malarkey. Deep State deep.

This is an enemy that would start a nuclear war of that's what it takes to maintain their grip.

Going to be one heck of a holiday season.

Blogger braq November 25, 2020 7:50 PM  

There's value in seeing things from the opposing side. To the middle-of-the-road NPC's who actually consume "US" media, *Biden won* and that's the end of it. Since the media has obscured, concealed, and derided all counter-information, these NPC's see everything through the frame with which they've been provided.

Most of the media yappers are just collecting a paycheck and aren't active traitors; only top puppetmasters call the shots and everyone below spews whatever they're told (if they want to stay employed). And the efforts from the top are 100% pure propaganda with design and intent, 100% of the time.

The tens of millions of NPCs will only be shaken out of their perception when the yappers tell them so - doubtlessly with much gnashing of teeth and rending of garments.

Trump is completely aware of all this, and as an unparalleled master of persuasion and lifelong media manipulator, wants to ease the transition. He *could've* dumped all the evidence he has via the DoD or NSA or whatever and declared insurrection, but he knows that middle-American NPCs would then see him as an unreasonable tyrant abusing his power.

He's drip-drip-dripping the massive fraud out via the legal system in the slowest way possible, while still meeting the constitutional deadlines. He has all the evidence and then-some. He doesn't want civil war, wants to limit the inevitable riots and BurnLootMurdering, and wants as many citizens as possible to know the depth of fraud and Satanic influence infecting the US system of government. And he knows that most of that info will have to somehow get through the "US" media if it's to be absorbed by the mass of citizens who aren't switching from Fox News to OANN (never mind those reading /pol/ or this blog). At least that is my hope.

Anyway, here's a funny 4-minute skit on the election: If Football Games Were Called Like the Election

Blogger Peter November 25, 2020 7:57 PM  

If Powell is not on the presidents legal team, what is her standing to file a lawsuit ? Doesnt a lawyer need standing to bring an action?

Blogger Crunchy Cachalot November 25, 2020 8:01 PM  

The one odd note to me is the claim that they've been in party mode up until this point.

"Earlier this evening, everyone was basically still in party mode, especially following the GSA decision yesterday to release the transition funds (champagne!)."

They were sure that was the yellow sign, that their king was indeed ascendant. They are highly emotional after all.

Blogger 1100 November 25, 2020 8:07 PM  

"I don’t want to say too much, except that the suit alleges some really, really bad things in the form of what amounts to basically bribes and pay-to-play schemes and implicates high level DNC operatives and GOP members in Georgia."

I will point out, "and GOP members in Georgia" as a significant point to look at here. Politicians in our highest offices often want to avoid the truth when it makes 'their side' look bad. Sidney Powell look to be shining the light of truth on the black hats on both sides. I say, good for her, and good for America!

Blogger Matrick November 25, 2020 8:10 PM  

The 'everyone has been partying' line stood out to me too. However, consider that the MSM has been reporting various Trump 'losses' over the past three weeks, and this would have created a celebratory mood within these circles.

Blogger The Greay Man November 25, 2020 8:13 PM  

To back up Vox on this:

"Unless the states is very different from my jurisdiction you don't file exhibits with your pleadings."

Most states I am aware of, and have worked in or with, often file exhibits with their pleadings when they are making an important case.

You don't file exhibits only if they are not necessary for the initial complaints. This is usually when it is minor and the exhibits are coming later as the discovery process goes on for a while.

Blogger bramley say Enoch woz right November 25, 2020 8:43 PM  

There have been quite a number of 'Biden/DNC insider' copypasta LARPs on /pol/ recently, this scans as a fairly credible one. I haven't seen it before. Though the part about having not heard from Sloppy Joe or Kamala is faintly familiar. The most frequent was one about Biden having had a stroke/heart attack/something requiring urgent hospitalisation, and that it would be announced in the media tomorrow, which never happened of course. There have been a few saying something similar to this, about 'habbenings' causing the campaign workers to burst out in tears. I don't know what to believe any more. There was a really decent CIA/SS larp a week or so ago, posting pics of behind the scenes at Trump 2020 celebration in Mar a Lago. He was saying that a lot of people are being rolled up on the quiet. But then his keys and tells for things being signalled in the media were really lame and didn't play out too well. Well, i'm in it for the long haul, just gonna wait it all out. Trump's twitter in the last 24hrs has been pretty enjoyable, retweeting up a storm like a total mad lad. Also, my bets are still active!

Blogger Jon November 25, 2020 8:45 PM  

if this pans out the way Vox suggests, I don't think many of the legacy news networks would last, at least not in the same capacity they once enjoyed. If they (pundits) had sense most of these people would try to use the little pull factor they have left to rebrand themselves as independent journalists; it worked to some degree for the Toe, for Dave Rubin, Tim Pool etc, all these people left more established institutions and created (or fronted) something new

Blogger Bogey November 25, 2020 8:47 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Otto November 25, 2020 8:52 PM  

The Georgia legislature only meets 3 months a year (January through March).

The governor would have to call a special session of the legislature for them to even have an opportunity to address the election (much less appoint new electors).

Blogger doctrev November 25, 2020 8:58 PM  

I'd say "LARP," but only because he doesn't bring up the feeling that Biden personnel are being shunted aside for Obamabots. It's an understandable perspective, because Obama and his friends are the ONLY reason this thing was ever close, much less decided for Biden. But it may leave many among the Biden team wondering "oh hell no, I'm risking being hanged for a pat on the back and severance pay?"

I don't even mind the LARP, because I can only imagine the sheer terror percolating through the more aware Biden staffers. Yes you will be cut down like wheat, no there's no escape.

Blogger Stilicho November 25, 2020 9:14 PM  

Greay Man is right about exhibits. Some complaints are actually tossed out for failure to attach appropriate exhibits. In this case, there isn't time for protracted discovery and a TRO is likely to be sought on the basis of the complaint, so the more admissible evidence you attach, the faster you can proceed. The defendants will still get an opportunity to be heard, but this helps get evidence before the court faster and makes it part of the record for any appeal. Generally, appellate courts cannot consider any evidence or argument which was not raised in the lower court.

Blogger crescent wrench November 25, 2020 9:30 PM  

@52 They go out of business anyway.

Their ratings were in freefall for years and now they're going to stop peddling the fear keeping the few boomers they could dupe glued to the set.

There's already rumblings of various large news enterprises being shopped for buy-out.

Blogger JD Curtis November 25, 2020 9:31 PM  

Holiday though.
I'm sure at least some had a short day today and may have left for a long weekend

Blogger Unknown November 25, 2020 9:32 PM  

If they're the designated /pol watcher, then they've outed themselves, potentially.

Blogger Christopher November 25, 2020 9:42 PM  

Interesting. I guessed the admissions

Blogger SirHamster November 25, 2020 9:48 PM  

braq wrote:Anyway, here's a funny 4-minute skit on the election: If Football Games Were Called Like the Election
The Google fact check disclaimer on a satire skit is worth the price of entry.

Blogger Unknown November 25, 2020 9:53 PM  

Matrick wrote:this would have created a celebratory mood within these circles.

These people are guided by emotions and are drunk or high much of the time. It is probable they can sustain a "mood" or an attitude a couple weeks.

Blogger Tom Bombadil November 25, 2020 10:13 PM  

I agree with Ken, the most suspicious thing, other than general incredulity, is the idea that this person is suddenly exposing themselves. How many lurkers would the Biden team have on one website? Maybe he just doesn’t care, or has decided to “flip”, but seems unlikely that the person would “un-lurk”.

Blogger jkmack November 25, 2020 10:27 PM  

"I am here to lurk because you guys seem to get info first" then proceeds to feed them early info. Highly suspicious.

Blogger Matteo November 25, 2020 10:27 PM  

I'm at a house for Thanksgiving where Fox News has been on for a while. No wonder their ratings are tanking. It is all about the new Biden Administration through the lens of Opposition Theater cucking. Not a single syllable about the presentation in Gettysburg or about the fraud. Absolutely retarded.

Blogger Ska_Boss November 25, 2020 10:31 PM  

Well the part about them believing their own lies and celebrating it up until the last second when reality kicks in is plausible. As well as being overly emotional in general and getting a little jab in against Trump. Also, OP didn't seem to understand the 'desu' word filter which means they are not a regular poster.

But even if it is only a (well executed) LARP, it serves to demoralize the shills which makes it a great thread!

Blogger D. November 25, 2020 10:46 PM  

T Wictor's take on where we are at: (Carlos & kuddlemuddle)

Three things to accept

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmvKxHMiv48&feature=emb_logo

Blogger Louis Cypher November 25, 2020 11:14 PM  

Sidney is filing tonight. https://twitter.com/SidneyPowell1/status/1331802542964154368

Blogger Skyler the Weird November 25, 2020 11:19 PM  

Seems like there are a lot of pissed off grunts in the Biden Campaign who were expecting prime positions in the White House only to discover all of those well paying posts are going to Obama's people who sat the election out in the news media and various NGOs.

Blogger RigsOfChad November 25, 2020 11:31 PM  

The most suspicious thing is that the Biden campaign is aware of /pol given how inept their online strategy has been. Fuentes and Groyper streamers on DLive were getting far more concurrent viewers than official Biden events on YouTube.

Blogger R Devere November 25, 2020 11:33 PM  

Remember this IS the 21st Century! Filings can occur electronically 24/7! I have received Court rulings on Saturdays and Sundays, because that's when the judge finally gets a chance to review my motions. As for filings the general rules are you can initiate a suit by filing with the Court OR by serving the other parties. In either case you have a certain time in which either to serve the parties if you filed; or file the case if you served the parties! Depends on your strategy and whether you can accomplish service on all the parties! (They can dodge service, you know, and then you're stuck!)

In these case, with deadlines involved, file first, seek emergency TROs preventing actions of the opponents and force them to come out of hiding!. Oh, yeah! There is nothing generally preventing filing tons of exhibits with pleadings; it's the best way to get a judge to read real evidence, without hassling through evidentiary objections that might prevent actual review of the evidence itself!. Call it "creating the narrative."

Blogger Rough Carrigan November 25, 2020 11:39 PM  

#63. Why can't he be working for the Biden team in some other capacity? He lurks on pol furtively and says that's part of his job to throw off suspicion.

Blogger Newscaper312 November 25, 2020 11:53 PM  

Is the proper interpretation of Flynns pardon at this time something to free Flynn up to be utilized by legally clearing him? Making sure Flynn is pardoned in case it doesnt go well? Or just throwing an encouraging bone to the base - or Squirrel!-ing the oppo force, by doing it now instead of final week in office in January?

Blogger spacehabitats November 25, 2020 11:57 PM  

Yeah, its a LARP. Too unlikely that a deep state minion would take any risk for such a small sliver of fame. But at least he made it plausible. Kudos. Still awaiting the kraken.

Blogger kegg'luner November 26, 2020 12:10 AM  

Re #20 and 24:

I am an attorney and while most of my litigation is criminal defense, I have done some civil.

I estimate that Ms. Powell filed her suit in federal court for a variety of reasons.. I do not know which federal court. Georgia would make some sense because there has to be a tie with the venue to the injuries, but it sounds like Ms. Powell's suit is much broader. If that is the case, I would anticipate filing it in the D.C. District Court.

When filing a civil lawsuit in federal court, the lawyer sends a courtesy copy of the complaint and exhibits to an email address used by the court. The court clerk's office will review the complaint and accompanying documents. Some of the documents are purely administrative, such as a form required by the court outlining the parties, their addresses, the nature of the action, etc. The court clerk's office reviews the proposed complaint for defects. That process can take 1-3 days depending upon the nature of the complaint, the items filed with it and the volume of cases being filed at the same time.

A complaint, which is the initial document that starts a lawsuit, is handled differently than other filings. Other filings must be sent to the opposing side at the same time as filing and every party gets a copy of what is filed unless it is an ex parte filing, and those are generally limited to a small set of documents that would not apply here. In federal court, everything is filed electronically so the very act of filing serves the document on all other parties.

Complaints, though, have their own rules of service. In federal court, you can serve via certified mail, return receipt requested, or you can serve via any person 18 years of age or older hand providing a copy to the person who is the registered agent for service of process for the corporation/organization. Any organization must list such a person and the Biden campaign undoubtedly has such a person.

I would guess that Ms. Powell would file redacted copies of any exhibits that name witnesses. The un-redacted copies would be filed under seal and available to the court and other parties but the parties available for the public would likely have the names blacked out at this stage.

So how would the Biden campaign get a copy? Under the scenario I have described, they would not. Ms. Powell's filing would not be uploaded one document at a time even when filing with the court. All of them are uploaded at once.

If this is not a LARP, I would estimate that someone who has access to the complaint email inbox forwarded a copy to the Biden campaign. Given what we have seen in this campaign so far, I would not be surprised in the least if this happened. The other option is that the Biden campaign was apprised of what the filing will entail. That could be anyone in the court clerk's office.

Remember that complaints are not sent to individual court clerks but to an inbox that is something like initial.complaints@dcd.uscourts.gov Several people in the court clerk's office would have access to this email. It would be quite simple to throw a complaint onto a thumb drive and then email it from a private/anonymous email account and leave no trace from the court clerk's office.

Did that happen? I do not know. As VD said, we will know soon enough if this is true. The fact that they got an 'advance copy' is not prima facie evidence that the story is false or true. But this is how filing such a complaint would work.

Of course, Ms. Powell has the option of emailing a copy of the complaint to the Biden campaign herself. It would not count as official service but I could absolutely see her doing that. If this complaint is as described and she has the evidence described, I would. Or she could hold a press conference and distribute copies of the complaint once accepted for filing.

TL;DR version: the advance copy is not evidence of either the falsity or veracity of this complaint. Time will tell.

Blogger Carl November 26, 2020 12:21 AM  

Ken Prescott wrote:S/he/it was supposed to lurk. And now s/he/it pops up.

It might be legit...but I am taking it with a grain of salt roughly the size of Montana...


I agree, this sounds Too Good To Be True.

OTOH, Powell is a very skilled, experienced lawyer and it's hard to believe she'd be blinded by the publicity and fooled by a disinformation campaign.

As I said on the Meaning of History blog site, to paraphrase The Princess Bride, soon we'll see who is right and who is (politically) dead.

Blogger boogeyman November 26, 2020 12:21 AM  

As for them being in party mode up until now, a few things to keep in mind. One, the left doesn't understand the right, outside of being able to demoralize it. They don't understand how they think, what they believe, or what they are capable of under the right circumstances.

Two, having the entire media shilling for you 24/7 has its downside, namely that you don't hear any honest information from or about the other side. These are hyper emotional people living in a well protected bubble.

Three, they are used to hack judges and other unelected government workers covering for them the same way the media does. Look at the circus that was the Flynn case. It took a damned presidential pardon to free an innocent man charged with lying about something that had nothing to do with an investigation that should have never taken place, with investigatory malfeasance on top like a cherry. All because of a confluence of corrupt and incompetent civil servants. If you're used to the entire system working for and covering for you, why wouldn't you be in party mode.

Blogger FissionChips November 26, 2020 12:23 AM  

Per Twitter, the filing is now up on the web - 104 pages of legal argument:

https://defendingtherepublic.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/COMPLAINT-CJ-PEARSON-V.-KEMP-11.25.2020.pdf

Exhibits/evidence are supposed to be uploaded soon.

Blogger Rough Carrigan November 26, 2020 12:25 AM  

Link to the purported 104 page filing:
https://defendingtherepublic.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/COMPLAINT-CJ-PEARSON-V.-KEMP-11.25.2020.pdf

Blogger klm4jc November 26, 2020 12:39 AM  

Perhaps this is it:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/11/breaking-kraken-released-attorney-sidney-powell-files-104-page-bombshell-complain-massive-fraud-georgia-election/

Blogger God Emperor Memes November 26, 2020 12:39 AM  

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/11/breaking-kraken-released-attorney-sidney-powell-files-104-page-bombshell-complain-massive-fraud-georgia-election/?

Blogger Sun Xhu November 26, 2020 12:41 AM  

Not a LARPer.

Sidney's tweet

Blogger Darold Stagner November 26, 2020 12:47 AM  

I read the filing. Seems weak. What am I missing?

Blogger kegg'luner November 26, 2020 1:26 AM  

This appeared on Gateway Pundit as a version of the complaint. It appears to have been filed in federal court in Georgia. Looks like a rough draft with some notable typos. It's lengthy so I'm still going through it. Here's the link:

https://defendingtherepublic.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/COMPLAINT-CJ-PEARSON-V.-KEMP-11.25.2020.pdf

Blogger Unknown November 26, 2020 1:29 AM  

Whatever the evidence is, the Media elites will tell us that it amounts to nothing/is laughable/doesn't prove anything. What have those same Media elites been doing for years? LYING, so why wouldn't they do so now that their masters' political power is on the line?

We know the next bits of evidence will be even better than the already damning stuff that's come out. We know the Supreme Court has yet to weigh in. We know that President Trump hasn't given up.

Pray for the strength and wisdom of our leadership.

Blogger Unknownsailor November 26, 2020 1:37 AM  

Powell's lawsuit for GA has been posted, as have the one from Michigan. The GA one is here:

https://defendingtherepublic.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/COMPLAINT-CJ-PEARSON-V.-KEMP-11.25.2020.pdf (PDF warning)

It looks like a 50 megaton bomb from where I sit.

Blogger PubliusFlavius November 26, 2020 1:53 AM  

https://defendingtherepublic.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/COMPLAINT-CJ-PEARSON-V.-KEMP-11.25.2020.pdf

Blogger furor kek tonicus ( *autistic screeching* ) November 26, 2020 2:03 AM  

47. Crunchy Cachalot November 25, 2020 8:01 PM
They are highly emotional after all.



you're JUST NOW figuring out that the Left is highly ( and unstabily ) emotional?

Blogger Tim Gilley November 26, 2020 2:12 AM  

A very fitting God's eye view of the evil. The Z Man posted it.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/edwards_jonathan/Sermons/Sinners.cfm

Blogger Solon November 26, 2020 2:27 AM  

To the people saying they're suspicious of LARP territory, let me say this as someone who spends most of his free time and gets most of his news from /pol/:

/pol/ has been under a massive shill attack since the election, FAR larger than anything else we've seen before. Imagine being stuck in a foxhole with a bunch of sarcastic assholes as shells rain down all around you for WEEKS with no stop. Almost EVERYTHING is viewed with immediate suspicion, because that's the entire game plan: put up so much smoke and flak that NEITHER side knows what the hell is going on.

TPTB know that an undivided and focused /pol/ack autist brigade can sniff out all kinds of bullshit. Look up the "He Will Not Divide Us" saga from Shia Lebouf, that was a riot.

Anyway, my take on this is "not LARP," for the simple reason that this sounds mostly in line with prevailing leftist thought patterns: blind and emotional right until the rug gets pulled out from under them.

Here's the thing: a LOT of people working shill brigades and monitoring are, in fact, just there for the paycheck. We've heard some that say "the people assigned to /pol/ are the luckiest ones, because /pol/ is hilarious, if a bit... "sacreligious;" that's like the only fun those people get to have during their day.

Not ALL of them are drugged out idiots. Some just like the money. One claimed he was being paid around $1000 a week to show up and shill. Those ones, they know that they're peddling garbage, but they're mercenaries: they serve whoever pays them. I totally believe that the mercs are willing to drop inside info; they have no ideological loyalty to the cause, and they're cunning enough to read the writing on the wall. They arent going to die for those assholes, so may as well drop what you've got to try and ingratiate yourself with the other side. We wont trust them, but it's enough that we wont brand them as targets either.

They're slinking away in the dark. Rats fleeing a sinking ship. Cowards, but not worth spending ammo on.

That's my take anyway.

Blogger Ferdl November 26, 2020 3:01 AM  

I have heard or read somewhere that in Wisconsin you need to hand in an application in order to get a mail in ballot and that there were more such ballots counted than there were applications. Does anyone know anything about this? Is there any truth to this or is this just one of the unsubstantiated stories that are floating around?

Blogger Guy Incognito November 26, 2020 3:10 AM  

The only thing that really stood out to me instantly, is the claim that 96,000 mail in votes must be declared void at minimum.

Blogger Jeff aka Orville November 26, 2020 3:17 AM  

Just read the 100 page filing. BOOM! The Biden lurker on /pol is not a larper. The filing covers a lot of angles, and they are asking to set aside the GA congressional votes as well as the presidential votes as one possible remedy. They actually ask for numerous remedies.

Blogger Bill Henry November 26, 2020 3:24 AM  

Dunning Kruger...
Those with lower ability tend to overestimate their own ability and underestimate the ability of people they oppose...
Those with higher ability tend to underestimate their own ability and overestimate the ability of people they oppose..

Not a LARP... They.. systemic narcissists... always strut and play right in the middle of the interstate before they get wiped out by the Semi..

These knuckleheads are caught in the headlights of the TRUMP super semi.. they will be decimated...

Blogger Slippin JImmy November 26, 2020 3:27 AM  

In a normal lawsuit you would be correct, but this is very time-sensitive so presumably different rules apply.

Blogger Slippin JImmy November 26, 2020 3:37 AM  

Even if the court has yet to serve the defendants, there's nothing stopping plaintiff's counsel sending a copy to defendant's counsel as a matter of professional courtesy.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash November 26, 2020 4:04 AM  

I don't know about WI, but in PA, 1.8 million ballots were mailed out, 1.4 million were returned by the post office, and 2.5 million included in the final count.

Blogger Gettimothy November 26, 2020 4:37 AM  

the expression of glee on Wictor's face at ~10:40 in, where he discusses Trump blowing up everything, is priceless.



@67 D. November 25, 2020 10:46 PM
T Wictor's take on where we are at: (Carlos & kuddlemuddle)

Three things to accept

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmvKxHMiv48&feature=emb_logo



Vox, if you ever do a yearly cruelty artist moment award, I nominate Wictor.

Blogger Inquisitor Benedictus November 26, 2020 6:22 AM  

As someone who's been on 4chan for years it's dawning on me how a lot of people have never been there and don't understand the culture of it / how it works. Basically, it's one of the best places on the internet for leakers who just want to blow off steam in public, because of the anonymous and quick stream-of-flow nature of 4chan (a few minutes after your post stops receiving replies it is dumped from the site into an archive that you have to go off-site to effectively search through).

Blogger Inquisitor Benedictus November 26, 2020 6:24 AM  

@63 @64 he probably just means that the front page of /pol/ is often the fastest way of getting breaking news in politics, which (between all the shitposting) it is.

Blogger Damelon Brinn November 26, 2020 9:37 AM  

The most suspicious thing is that the Biden campaign is aware of /pol given how inept their online strategy has been.

Being aware of it doesn't mean understanding it or being able to use it effectively. The left's strategy for the chans has been to attack it from a distance with shill campaigns. If you send intelligent people to engage /pol/, there's a real chance of them "going native." Not necessarily becoming right-wing, though that happens, but beginning to enjoy the wrongthink too much. Considering dissenting ideas is dangerous for leftists. So they mostly engage at a distance through hired shills, many of whom are foreigners working from daily talking points they don't fully understand. These are easier to spot and thus less effective, but they're also less likely to go off script.

So their strategists, such as they are, are left looking at /pol/ and other right-wing types at a distance, through the caricature they themselves create. It doesn't give them a very accurate picture to work with.

Blogger Ransom Smith November 26, 2020 10:29 AM  

a lot of people have never been there and don't understand the culture of it / how it works.
Because the normies who go there aren't patient enough to figure out the language and customs.
It's simplistic chaos that boggles the uninitiated.

Blogger Didas Kalos November 26, 2020 11:20 AM  

@83 Darel stagner. Fastest speed reading award! And most acute legal mind award.

Why did they even bother. Should have contacted you first. LOL

Blogger Lazy Hero November 26, 2020 11:43 AM  

@83 darold stagner?

You're a fag, that's what you're missing.

Blogger VD November 26, 2020 11:56 AM  

I read the filing. Seems weak. What am I missing?

That you will never be a woman.

Blogger John in Indy November 26, 2020 12:37 PM  

IMO, the filing of "exhibits" and supporting affidavits, if any, would be related to the very short available time, and in an attempt to prevent a 12(b)(6) motion to dismiss for failure to state a (valid) claim. This mition is one tgat essentially says "if everything that they alleged was true, they still lose, because ..."
I REALLY hope we can solve this in the courts, as the only other alternative would be a mess.
John in Indy

Blogger MrNiceguy November 27, 2020 1:43 PM  

Sing it with me!

"It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

Blogger Akulkis November 27, 2020 5:47 PM  

>> (Just glad I'm here in Aus' and not on the ground in the US. The left is going to go berserk.)

If the left goes berserk, well then good. The mask will be off, and NOBODY in the middle will object to us killing the left by any and all means possible.

We are far better armed than the nationalists were in Spain, and more uniformly (for ammunition purposes) as well

Blogger Th3 J3st3r November 28, 2020 6:37 PM  

Strange times when completely anonymous information is taken more seriously than the news. I'm not surprised though

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts