ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2020 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Friday, May 14, 2021

Welcome to Sportswriting 2021

A female advocate of the WNBA lectures people on why their reasons for not watching a terrible parody of a men's sport are not acceptable:

This friend played sports at a high level, and he asked me, tentatively, whether he could explain why he doesn’t watch women’s sports. “Of course,” I said. “Let’s hear it.” I wanted nothing more than to understand why someone like him—an athlete, a millennial, a feminist—had never turned on a women’s basketball game. Or, more precisely, I wanted to hear why he believes he hasn’t.

“I’ve actually thought about this a lot over the years,” he said. “Because I often feel some level of guilt about it, but when it comes down to it, I just think that if I’m going to take the time to watch sports, I want to be watching them at the peak of how they can be played—speed, strength, all of it. And to me, that pinnacle is happening on the men’s side.”

I nodded as my friend spoke. He hit all the expected notes. I don’t watch because they can’t dunk; I don’t watch because they’re like a good boy’s high school team; I don’t watch because, you know, I could probably beat them one-on-one.

Perhaps you even saw your own reasoning reflected in his. At its heart, this reasoning insists that people don’t watch the WNBA because men run faster and jump higher. That is, in fact, true. Most men do run faster and jump higher. And, yes, it’s incredibly exciting when one of those men runs fast and jumps high and we watch, in awe.

It’s a soothing rationale, this little story we tell ourselves about our insatiable appetite for windmill jams. It’s foolproof, too, because this reasoning doesn’t just absolve sports fans of any further introspection, but more important it absolves the marketers, the TV networks and the sports apparel companies. Hell, it even seems to pardon the women themselves: It’s not your fault; sports fans crave something you just can’t give them. This reasoning presents itself as more than logical; it’s biological.

Actually, it’s pathological. It’s chronic, and irrational, and it’s been stalking the WNBA since its founding. In the U.S., this lie is the serial killer of women’s professional leagues. To name a few: the American Basketball League (1996–98), the Women’s United Soccer Association (2000–03), the Women’s Professional Softball League (’97–01) and Women’s Professional Soccer (’07–12).

The WNBA, though, is resilient. When launched in 1996, the league was ahead of its time—in almost every way. Long before Big Business saw the value, the players of the W stood against racial injustice, and for equality, and took the hits—“Every direction we turned, we were walking into a wall,” says WNBA legend Sue Bird—for representing the folks at society’s margins. “People think you’re supposed to look and talk and be a certain way, but the WNBA blasts all of those things out of the water,” says A’ja Wilson of the Las Vegas Aces. “And you should want that. We are standing on the shoulders of women who didn’t back down just because casual sports fans didn’t think they were worthy. That’s what makes our league better, because we have faced those hurdles. I can’t think of another league that gets hit with every single last knock, and I don’t see that going away, but we’re not going to let that stop us.”

Understanding why we watch sports isn’t just a thought experiment. It has practical implications. Rather than passively believing the WNBA is biologically inferior, we can actively recognize that no athletes in modern history have faced more cultural obstacles than the players of the W. Not only are comparisons to the men ubiquitous—and the differences rendered clearer because of the unique intimacy of the sport—but also, more important, no women’s league has a higher percentage of Black athletes, meaning that for nearly a quarter century the WNBA has been rowing against the headwinds of racism, sexism and anti-LGBTQ sentiment.

What a deeply stupid article! The amusing thing is that this idiot woman is trying to sell the WNBA on the very same basis that has most - not many, but most - former NBA fans turning off the men's game, thereby offering additional support for my hypothesis that SJWs are both evil and stupid.

Most women's sports are not an alternative or a variant of the similar men's sport. They are parodies. And they harbor absolutely no appeal for any actual fan of the sport itself, unless one happens to find entertainment in the comedic aspect of watching sustained incompetence.

There are some women's sports that are superior to the men's versions. For example, women's tennis is better in the rare circumstances that it is competitive for the same reason that men's tennis was better when the players used smaller wooden rackets. It's boring to watch two 6'6" men using oversized titanium weaponry to launch rocket serves at each other that neither of them can return. And women's soccer actually makes for relatively interesting viewing now that no top-level male player not named Ronaldo or Messi is capable of beating a defender one-on-one anymore.

(I think the men's game could use bigger fields or two less players per side to open up more space, but that's a tangent for another day.)

In general, women's sports are tedious, parodistic, and parasitical on the male versions. Which is why the WNBA will collapse, sooner rather than later, as a consequence of the NBA's vanishing audience.

Labels: ,

194 Comments:

Blogger MATT May 14, 2021 8:05 AM  

Youre way off base, Vox. I, for one, find this Sportswritress to be stunning. And brave.

Blogger Paulito May 14, 2021 8:14 AM  

Oh no! The WNBA is going to collapse! Its three fans will be devastated.

Blogger CarpeOro May 14, 2021 8:15 AM  

She may as well argue I should watch because the women athletes vote the right way, have marvelous green hair, or are lesbians. The guy she talked to needs to grow a pair, drop the feminist bit, and come out and tell the truth: I don't want to watch a bunch of women failing to be men.

Blogger Sargent.matrim May 14, 2021 8:15 AM  

I can add to my reasons for having zero interest in women's sport: "I don't watch anything which lectures me about why I should enjoy it, when it is clearly of no interest or value to me."

Feminists have failed to recognize this important truth: the only lecture from a woman a man has to endure is one from his wife. And good women do this very sparingly, knowing that respecting their husbands works better than any lecture and sees respect returned.

Berating men to find you interesting, is hilarious. Enjoy the long time with your cats.

Blogger Maniac May 14, 2021 8:16 AM  

"Most men do run faster and jump higher."

A glimmer of hope, I guess.

Blogger T.L. Ciottoli May 14, 2021 8:17 AM  

He felt guilty about not wanting to watch women's sports? What a faggot.

Seriously, I used to think athletic prowess was an indicator of alphaness and therefore was also connected to a higher level of courage, directness, and forthrightness of mind. But this 'friend who played sports at a high level' reminds me of the Penn State pedo-fiasco where an entire program full of football tough guys were too cowardly to report Sand-fucks kiddie diddling or even stop him when catching him in the act.

Blogger STxAR May 14, 2021 8:19 AM  

I played on a pretty high level back in the day. I don't like the "football" attitude that comes with the game now. If I want to watch smashmouth, I'll watch football. There used to be some elegance to the game... Like how Manu passed the ball, or Bird would effortlessly out wit some lughead. I saw some of that in women's collegiate basketball. Now, I don't watch sportsball at all. Any of it.

Blogger Lord Thorpe May 14, 2021 8:19 AM  

It's telling that she considers Reason and Rationale "a story" and then states that following the logic is "irrational".

Blogger KBuff May 14, 2021 8:25 AM  

Imagine going to your kid's college graduation, and the author is the honored alumna chosen as the graduation speaker. That was me a few years ago.

Blogger daddynichol May 14, 2021 8:26 AM  

Now, throw trans freaks into women's sports mix and enjoy the mental gymnastics from this very same writer as she struggles to rationalize that such players are to be accepted and celebrated while true women are pushed aside.

Blogger Philip May 14, 2021 8:27 AM  

Net higher and wider?

Blogger Otto May 14, 2021 8:28 AM  

I would add women's golf to the list of enjoyable women's sports. I can actually relate better to a sport when the participants can't drive the heck out of the ball off the tee and instead have to use some course management to score well.

Blogger Unknown May 14, 2021 8:30 AM  

In the early 1990s, the MAC conference, one of the many beer swilling midwest college conferences, had an interesting custom for their basketball games.

The boys and girls teams both traveled together, and the girls game started early so the boys team would be prime time.

It worked out fairly well. Class or study time, a lite dinner, a few beers, come to the last half of the girls game on the same ticket as the boys team and watch them play while chatting with your friends. Then the real game.

It is like watching a JV team. They are playing as best they can, but there was no real display of skill and ability.

They stopped the two game package that when the feminists said it made girls a mere opening act. I have never been to a girls game since, but I understand they are not well attended.

Blogger Stilicho May 14, 2021 8:30 AM  

WNBA legend

That may be the biggest lie in that article.

Blogger Nate May 14, 2021 8:30 AM  

its odd to me... Chicks can look graceful and athletic and generally awesome while they play volleyball. They can even look graceful and athletic while they play soccer or tennis.

But chicks playing basketball? No. they always look goofy, clumsy, slow, and awkward.

Watching women play basketball is like watching one of those idiotic comedies where embarrassing things keep happening to this one guy over and over and over and it dumb people think its funny... but most of us just cringe.

God I hate Ben Stiller.

And women's basketball.

Blogger Critias May 14, 2021 8:31 AM  

What are they blithering on about now? If they want to play basketball no one is stopping them. That's not what they want, they want money and attention. Like always.


I've not seen any of the men's tennis when they used to use the wooden rackets, will have to check out some old matches.

Blogger Rough Carrigan May 14, 2021 8:32 AM  

Who goes to watch a AA level baseball game if a major league baseball game is available? Who watches a community college level football game if an SEC conference game is available? Excellence is more entertaining.

Blogger Otto May 14, 2021 8:33 AM  

I couldn't find any logical reasons in her argument to watch the WNBA.

I was looking for something like: they make up for lack of dunking by focusing on passing and team work (something missing from the NBA, btw).

Or, because they are not be as physical as men, but they've had to hone their skills to a sharper edge.

Shrieking racism and anti-LBGTQXYZASDLKIYASD bias isn't going get anyone to watch.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan May 14, 2021 8:36 AM  

Reading that was punishment, but that is to be expected from women writers, emotions and the usual 100 stages of grief or something. I would just tell her the WNBA cannot even get liberals, leftists or Democratic voters into the stands or to tune the TV onto its product so why should I a sexist, racist and homophobic white man reactionary fascist conservative tune into something I find boring.

And what Nate said.

Blogger LeMage May 14, 2021 8:36 AM  

I have enjoyed a few bouts of Foxy Boxing in the past, tbh...

Blogger Countrylawyer May 14, 2021 8:36 AM  

I grew up a basketball junkie in a town not too different than the one in “Hoosiers”. I can watch women’s college basketball because they are pretty fundamentally sound and they play good basketball. I don’t watch it regularly though. And I never watch the NBA or the WNBA. They just aren’t enjoyable. And I had that opinion long before they decided that they needed to tell me how evil I was at every single opportunity.

Blogger Unknown May 14, 2021 8:39 AM  

I teach as an adjunct at a public university (not a top tier).

My experience is for caring generally about the student/players in their sport, not just the stars but all the players-- softball (girls) and both boys and girls track are the coaches and staff who care, who send the questionnaires regularly on progress, who follow-up quickly if you say you think there is an issue or they need some help.

Blogger Preston May 14, 2021 8:41 AM  

Interesting . I have been guilty of defending the stupid against the charge of Evil.

Blogger Otto May 14, 2021 8:42 AM  

Video games.

The author fails to take into account the effect video games has had on sports attendance & viewership.

Fewer young people play sports, they play video games. And when they want to sit around with the guys, they don't put the game on, they fire up a video game.

Viewership of ALL sports is declining. For major sports, this is something to be dealt with, for marginal sports like the WNBA it's a disaster.

Blogger Leo Littlebook ID:16216229492837658552 May 14, 2021 8:46 AM  

Here's my proposal to make the WNBA appealing:

Add competitive stripper tips.

Fans can tip either team as the game progresses. The ratio of the teams' tip total is updated live, like the basketball score. The adjusted score is the team's basketball points multiplied by 2x their tips ratio. So if tips are even, then the basketball score is unaffected. But if one team has all the tips, then it automatically wins, as long as it has scored one point.

Uniforms are up to player discretion; less is more.

The result will be really hot women playing decent basketball. Also, lower the hoop till they can dunk, because dunk boobs.

Blogger Doktor Jeep May 14, 2021 8:51 AM  

Does she know the only reason left to watch womens' sports is when men who think they are women are playing?
It's funny when they don't know.

Blogger CM May 14, 2021 8:55 AM  

It's boring to watch two 6'6" men using oversized titanium weaponry to launch rocket serves at each other that neither of them can return. And women's soccer actually makes for relatively interesting viewing now that no top-level male player not named Ronaldo or Messi is capable of beating a defender one-on-one anymore.

By this reasoning, I wonder if mixed baseball teams would be an improvement.

Blogger mgh May 14, 2021 8:56 AM  

The only place womens basketball (or any sport) ever attracts any decent number of fans is in college. And the attraction there is based more on loyalty to the school than wanting to see the game. Remember the Tennessee women's basketball dynasty? Nobody watches highlights of the plays of that era, they just talk about the wins and championships.

Blogger Gon Freecs May 14, 2021 8:56 AM  

“Fagan married her partner Kathryn Budig (a yoga instructor) and authored The Reappearing Act: Coming Out as Gay on a College Basketball Team Led by Born-Again Christians”

Blogger Miguel Pereira May 14, 2021 8:56 AM  

"you should watch female sports to support lgbt rights, feminism and blm"

Yeah, that will work like a charm.

Blogger qualitycontrol May 14, 2021 8:59 AM  

Women's Basketball is just awful. I can't see anyone other than lesbians being into it.

I remember some women's sport being organically popular. Biathlon in particular. Usually it is linked to national competition and national athletes being good. Kerber being in the Wimbeldon Finals against Williams made me watch tennis 3 years ago. But a pure women's league not based on regionalism or nationalism tend to be boring.

Blogger Jake Burton May 14, 2021 9:01 AM  

Gotta wonder how many sad pathetic people will actually feel guilted that they need to watch more woke sports.

Blogger cyrus83 May 14, 2021 9:03 AM  

Why would anyone watch women trying to act like men? Most sports were designed with the male physique in mind. Women's sports should be designed around female anatomy - one of the reasons figure skating and gymnastics kind of work.

Blogger basementhomebrewer May 14, 2021 9:05 AM  

The obvious ones, Gymnastics, figure skating etc. Not that they are wildly popular but they are sports that people would rather watch women than men, because they have a partial emphasis on form and beauty where women excel.

Blogger john clark May 14, 2021 9:08 AM  

The chick’s article, much like the WNBA, is tedious and amateurish.

Blogger My Shield Is Disgust May 14, 2021 9:10 AM  

Maybe if the WNBA girls looked and dressed more like the Olympic Beach Volleyball girls, they’d have a bigger audience.

Men like watching women’s sports where the women look good. I’d much rather watch women’s figure skating than men’s. Same with women’s running or long jumping or high jumping.

Blogger Desdichado May 14, 2021 9:14 AM  

Berating men to find you interesting, is hilarious. Enjoy the long time with your cats.

The author is a lesbian with a "legal" "wife".

Blogger Across the World May 14, 2021 9:15 AM  

Major reason for them looking clumsy is as a whole their hands are smaller than men’s so the very act of dribbling and ball handling is harder. Add to that lower arm development and lower hand-eye coordination on average and just the mere moving up and down the court is harder.

Basketball rewards body length as well and constant activation of fast twitch muscle fibre for even the most basic tasks. The sport was created for the sole purpose of being an outlet for high energy out of control boys. Women were never going to transition to it the same way they can to tennis or baseball which benefits from the above traits but has more stalls, planning and timing.

Blogger Canadian Warlord May 14, 2021 9:20 AM  

"it’s pathological. It’s chronic, and irrational, and it’s been stalking"
______________
Yep. But she forgot "parasitical."

Blogger pyrrhus May 14, 2021 9:23 AM  

The article is just as boring and incompetent as the WNBA, where the players are slow, clumsy, and weak...

Blogger Brett baker May 14, 2021 9:25 AM  

Oh, it's actually true.... for a niche league no one watches.

Blogger Joeplanet May 14, 2021 9:26 AM  

I have always found women's beach volleyball very exciting to watch.

Blogger lynnjynh9315 May 14, 2021 9:30 AM  

The problem is, there's plenty of reasons for men to watch fit and pretty women do sports.

But no. We can't do that.

Blogger Mamabear37 May 14, 2021 9:33 AM  

Gimme a break. I went to 1 WNBA game in 2000, because my aunt, who played college bball took me. It was all I could do not to fall asleep. And I was an athlete all through high school. The truth is, if women's sports want viewership, they're gonna have to wear volleyball shorts, and stop being sjw feminist lesbians shoving their agendas down everyone's throats. Whether female athletes are skilled in their sports is irrelevant. No one cares because it does very little to enrich society, they routinely alienate their core fanbase, and, did I mention no one cares? Maybe it's ideologically better these feminists are blowing their ACLs instead of procreating and raising families... Nothing makes me wanna vomit like hearing about a "male" feminist... Gag.

Blogger Mamabear37 May 14, 2021 9:35 AM  

Women's basketball is about as awesome as watching slow pitch softball... That is to say, not at all.

Blogger Mamabear37 May 14, 2021 9:36 AM  

Because Pat Summit was a legend. And now TN sucks again.

Blogger Mamabear37 May 14, 2021 9:40 AM  

They don't care, unless you mean about the college's rules regarding athletic eligibility. They care because they have to; if their players flunk out, they get benched. If their star players are benched, the team loses. If the team loses, the coach gets sacked. There's incentive to care.

Blogger Mamabear37 May 14, 2021 9:41 AM  

Unless the SEC team is Tennessee... And then you just cry a little and dream about the excellence that once was.

Blogger Steve Canyon May 14, 2021 9:42 AM  

Provide proof that her pal said that or it didn't happen. SJW's always lie. I doubt she had any conversation of the sort she describes between her friend and her with anyone other than some imaginary friend that's the product of some internal mental short circuitry she's got going on in her skull.

Blogger Lushtree May 14, 2021 9:44 AM  

I thought the real reason men watched women's sports is to see fit females in tight clothes bouncing around a field with just barely enough competence that you can tell yourself you are not watching the porn parody of real sports.

Blogger Jim May 14, 2021 9:44 AM  

Watching the WNBA is like watching a gender-swapped Three Stooges, only less funny.

Blogger LysanderSpooner May 14, 2021 9:46 AM  

I watch women’s soccer, I played NCAAD1 men’s, if I need to laugh.

Blogger george synol May 14, 2021 9:49 AM  

In golf and tennis women wear miniskirts, so that's why those sports work, except when you have the Williams gorillas playing tennis which killed tennis.

Blogger Felix Bellator May 14, 2021 9:54 AM  

I think I see the problem:

Writer: "WNBA legend Sue Bird..."

Me: "Who?"

I am not a basketball fan, but I could name some NBA legends.

Blogger M In The 517 May 14, 2021 9:56 AM  

People who like to watch sports generally don't want to watch (mostly-black) butch lesbians playing sports.

The only people who want to watch butch lesbians playing sports are other butch lesbians.

Like Kate Fagan.

Blogger Stephen Davenport May 14, 2021 9:57 AM  

Basically women's team sports have devolved down to who can out lesbian or woke each other. I have never watched the WNBA but I did watch women's soccer until about the time she\he Rapinoe started to do its thing.

Blogger Canada78Bear May 14, 2021 9:58 AM  

Words she didn't use:
Fun
Entertaining
Thrilling

First words off the top of my head for reasons to watch.

She also never addressed the highschool boys grade talent as nobody wants to watch their own skill level players unless their kids are playing.

Blogger flyingtiger May 14, 2021 9:59 AM  

I still enjoy women' beach volleyball.

Blogger JRH, esq. May 14, 2021 10:01 AM  

The fundamental foolishness of this article is that the author appears to believe that she can scold the world into compliance. Sports is entertainment, and people either find things entertaining, or they don't. You can't talk someone into being entertained anymore than you can reason a woman into being attracted to you, it just doesn't involve that part of the brain.

The WNBA has confused its history of subsidization with success. Standing alone, solely on the merits of what they delivered to the audience, they would have folded years ago. I don't expect them to admit to themselves that they are basically a pity league, some truths are too painful to ever face directly.

As far as women's sports in general, I've only really enjoyed College Softball. The rules specifically adjusted for women, such as shorter base paths, actually deliver entertaining action. Especially at the championship level.

Blogger The Masked Menace May 14, 2021 10:03 AM  

@37
authoress

Blogger The Masked Menace May 14, 2021 10:09 AM  

Women need to be led. If they're not led they'll begin do very silly things.

Blogger M In The 517 May 14, 2021 10:10 AM  

"Ha ha!" - Nelson

Blogger Steve Canyon May 14, 2021 10:17 AM  

The WNBA is just Title IX applied to a corporation. None of the gals would even have a shot at the WNBA had it not been for the football team subsidizing their program with gate receipts, sponsors, and boosters and enabling those programs in the first place.

Blogger kmbr May 14, 2021 10:18 AM  

**I wanted to hear why he believes he hasn’t.**

The money quote. These people are insufferable.

Blogger Thursday May 14, 2021 10:19 AM  

Nobody cares about women's sports, unless it involves beating up on foreigners. See Olympics.

Blogger The Last Roman May 14, 2021 10:22 AM  

Her "male" friend sounds like a fagoli.

Blogger Eugenius BEar May 14, 2021 10:24 AM  

The author conveniently omits Pole Dancing, a sport where earnings are dominated by female athletes.

Oh, she's gay? I guess that's why. She's probably never heard of Pole Dancing.

Blogger Skyler the Weird May 14, 2021 10:24 AM  

I wish some millionaire would buy a WNBA team and stock it with Juwanna Mann's. They would be like the Globetrotters vs the Generals or the Democrats vs GOPe.

Blogger J8ke D May 14, 2021 10:26 AM  

“SJW’s are both evil and stupid”.

That sums the bulk of my daily interactions.

The next time my son asks me a question, this will be locked and loaded.

Blogger Infobomber May 14, 2021 10:35 AM  

Did Owen write that article under a pseudonym because that was comic gold?

Blogger GeronL May 14, 2021 10:35 AM  

Imagine attacking people for not liking something. Insane.

Blogger Lawton Spavineck May 14, 2021 10:36 AM  

Mud rasslin’, now that’s a wimnin’s sport!

Blogger Eugenius BEar May 14, 2021 10:38 AM  

It’s a soothing rationale, this little story we tell ourselves about our insatiable appetite for windmill jams. It’s foolproof, too, because this reasoning doesn’t just absolve sports fans of any further introspection, but more important it absolves the marketers, the TV networks and the sports apparel companies. Hell, it even seems to pardon the women themselves: It’s not your fault; sports fans crave something you just can’t give them. This reasoning presents itself as more than logical; it’s biological.

Go woke and you go broke.

Blogger Damelon Brinn May 14, 2021 10:45 AM  

She spends five paragraphs explaining the logic behind ignoring women's sports, and then declares it illogical and moves on. I'd call that bold, but she probably doesn't even see what she's doing.

Blogger Average Radical May 14, 2021 10:45 AM  

> unless one happens to find entertainment in the comedic aspect of watching sustained incompetence.

"sustained incompetence" is the funniest phrase I've seen in a while.

Blogger Filter Bear May 14, 2021 10:50 AM  

JRH, esq. wrote:The fundamental foolishness of this article is that the author appears to believe that she can scold the world into compliance. Sports is entertainment, and people either find things entertaining, or they don't. You can't talk someone into being entertained anymore than you can reason a woman into being attracted to you, it just doesn't involve that part of the brain.

The WNBA has confused its history of subsidization with success. Standing alone, solely on the merits of what they delivered to the audience, they would have folded years ago. I don't expect them to admit to themselves that they are basically a pity league, some truths are too painful to ever face directly.

As far as women's sports in general, I've only really enjoyed College Softball. The rules specifically adjusted for women, such as shorter base paths, actually deliver entertaining action. Especially at the championship level.


I second the softball part -- it's almost like an arcade version of baseball. The best pitchers can pitch every single day because of the healthier arm action, mound is closer so there are far more strikeouts but also the infield is closer so there are far more hits. It's kind of the antithesis to the "optimized" walk-strikeout-homer baseball that's happening in the majors now.

Blogger Bucephalus May 14, 2021 10:50 AM  

Women make up the majority population of this country, why are they not selling out arenas and packing them with screaming raving women fans?

Blogger Barbarossa May 14, 2021 10:50 AM  

About a decade ago, the gods smiled upon me and gave me the double blessing of getting to do a NATO staff exercise in Stavanger, Norway at the same time the beach volleyball world championships were being played. The practice times were free to the public in various courts they had set up around the town. The ladies' sessions were thronged with spectators. The men got to practice in peace and quiet.

To the point many here have made, the gal v-ball players were lithe (no 6'-4" Marfan sufferers welcome) and their game was enjoyable to watch. They would have stood no chance against the men, but their game still had appeal on many levels. Women's basketball (or even worse, hockey!) is agonizing because it's not a sport that channels the best female athletic attributes.

Blogger Barbarossa May 14, 2021 10:51 AM  

Also, as to the chat that triggered this article..."Alex (or Ken or Aaron), I'll take Conversations That Never Happened for two hundred."

Blogger Avalanche May 14, 2021 10:52 AM  

@34 "Gymnastics, ... they are sports that people would rather watch women than men,"

Not all people!

Watching a fantastically built man more-than-competently using the honed weapon that is his body, to perform feats women -- and soi boys and MOST men -- cannot is stirring and enthralling. Just as Grand Prix (horse) jumping is a fantastic sport to watch. Again, a fantastically built horse honed into a weapon -- and their riders of either sex -- performing feats normal horses and people cannot achieve is wonderful. Both activities are true sports!

But then, even when young, I always preferred men to boys (or 'males'): competence is a most attractive attractor. {wink} Watching women-friends just ooh and ahh over pretty boy Brad Pitt was baffling. Physically, he was and still is a boy and not a man!

Blogger Tars Tarkas May 14, 2021 10:59 AM  

It's not histrionic at all to call the reasons nobody watches the WNBA "serial killers"

Blogger Teleport me off this rock May 14, 2021 11:00 AM  

First, anyone suggesting more suggestive clothes for WNBA players has clearly never watched a game. Seriously, look at any random roster.

Second, the WNBA is not the least bit "resilient", merely fortunate that they were David Stern's pet project, and the walking penis Adam Silver is still to weak and scared to kill it off even after Stern is dead.

Blogger Mamabear37 May 14, 2021 11:02 AM  

Ditto. World cup wins are exciting (relative to women's sports) all amyone remembers about Mia Hamm was her celebratorily ripping her jersey off and running fown the field in her sports bra. You eventually ask yourself the question, why in heaven's name did I pay for this?

Blogger blixo May 14, 2021 11:05 AM  

"That’s what makes our league better, because we have faced those hurdles."

By this calculus, Special Olympics Basketball should be unstoppable.

Blogger rcocean May 14, 2021 11:06 AM  

There's nothing wrong with the LPGA, and if the PGA didn't exist I might watch it. Women's tennis has the problem of a few players more or less dominating the whole thing. The Williams sisters - built like men - and and Japanese Hatian (6 feet tall) have been dominate for a long time. I like Women's volleyball. But women baseball, basketball, and hockey are simply jokes. I'm not a soccer fan but even I can see how slow, earth-bound, and unskilled the USA women's soccer team is. The only reason every game doesn't end 0-0 is because, the defenders and goalies are even slower and smaller than the attackers.

Blogger DrivingDissent May 14, 2021 11:08 AM  

It's not stupid if your precepts are rooted in believing that reality can be altered through the force of your own will. The enemy think they are gods or can become like gods, altering the shape of creation and following after their father in perverting the work of the Almighty.

You can be Deeply Stupid and follow the Lord in Truth and you can be among the most Intelligent of all men and follow after the father of lies into destruction. Our testing the testing of this world is not of intellect but of Spirit.

Blogger MichaelJMaier May 14, 2021 11:10 AM  

Vox, I have no idea how you can read this crap. I tried to soldier through but had to tap out. Too much stoopid.

My favorite dumb "thought" from the article:

"People watch what marketers TELL them to watch. "

No, you ignorant affirmative action media whore.

No sports fan watches because they're told to. I didn't need ads to get my eyes to watch sports. Ever.

You know when your team is going to be on. You arrange life around your team's schedule when you're a fan.

Meanwhile, after 25 years, I cannot name a single retired or current WNBA player or even a different team than the Indiana Fever cuz I live here. And I just read an article about the league two minutes ago. (Wait... I might be wrong, did Cheryl Miller ever play? I was a big Reggie fan so that's the only reason I remember her name.)

Blogger MichaelJMaier May 14, 2021 11:12 AM  

And that's leaving aside the idiotic SJW and sickening LGQB+ bullshit that stains that league. Knowing that the players hound the straights among them pisses me right off.

Blogger Darren May 14, 2021 11:19 AM  

"Biology isn't just prejudiced, it's *pathological*"

honk honk

Blogger tuberman May 14, 2021 11:20 AM  

@M

>> People who like to watch sports generally don't want to watch (mostly-black) butch lesbians playing sports.

The only people who want to watch butch lesbians playing sports are other butch lesbians. <<

Even women's tennis was/is run by Martina Navratilova and Billie Jean King the last few decades, and they allowed players like the Serena Williams to get away with strong steroid use their whole careers. That massive upper back, which allowed male fast serves was not due to being a feral or working out. She also seems to have 'butch' roid rages from time to time.

If we could research who directs the WNBA today, I'm sure we could see the next generation SJWs beyond even the lesbos who have run women's tennis. It's. Not. About. The. Sports. It's the agenda (the Narrative).

Blogger Azimus May 14, 2021 11:24 AM  

"Or, more precisely, I wanted to hear why he believes he hasn’t."

What a bad-faith insolent jackass thing to say.

Blogger tuberman May 14, 2021 11:26 AM  

>> The WNBA, though, is resilient. <<

It's not resilient, as fans aren't supporting the league, someone's pumping subsidy money in to keep it going.

Blogger Lazarus May 14, 2021 11:27 AM  

I don't think the male athlete friend even exists. It is just a character to work her thesis from.

Blogger IAMSpartacus0000 May 14, 2021 11:29 AM  

I am in the middle of reading "Gods & Legionnaires". Cole and Anspach nail the SJW's usefulness to the the Elites and their satanic thinking in anguishing yet funny detail.

Though just like the Elites I am finding it harder and harder to pity these willfully delusional people. I can pity a retard, but when you willfully make yourself dumber... Saint Darwin please take them soon.

Blogger Avalanche May 14, 2021 11:30 AM  

@55 "People who like to watch sports generally don't want to watch (mostly-black) butch lesbians playing sports."

And if I WANT to watch "black butch" activity; I will turn on a nature program. Anyone remember "Escape to Chimp Eden"? FANTASTIC program about rescuing baby chimps from cages after africans had killed their mothers, and bringing them to a sanctuary. Series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYrmyhq1x3g&list=PLU-Z-AEtB88DsLmJt3GfRO_FpOJDVz2te

Two reasons it was cancelled, alas: first is (1) a kid volunteer made a mistake and killed by one of the chimps, and (2) eeebil racissss began posting clips of the apes acting like apes -- side-by-side with pix of, e.g., the 'chimps' dragging out of his truck and beating nearly to death a White driver in the LA riots. Or the sneak group attacks and flailing beatings of another chimp -- or White person...

Those joined clips were STUNNING, even TO an ebil racisss!! Truly hard to tell the difference! But the show itself was lovely and rewarding!

Blogger judgeroybean May 14, 2021 11:36 AM  

Try this: A radical leftist at work took his wife and three daughters to a WNBA game. The place was packed with rude, loud mouth, obnoxious, out of control lesbians. They left in the first quarter.

Blogger WITCHOUND May 14, 2021 11:37 AM  

Honk honk

Blogger Elder Son May 14, 2021 11:40 AM  

“I’ve actually thought about this a lot over the years,” he said.

And:

He hit all the expected notes.

It's all in her head.

But, but... more important, no women’s league has a higher percentage of Black athletes, meaning that for nearly a quarter century the WNBA has been rowing against the headwinds of racism, sexism and anti-LGBTQ sentiment.

Sad puppy eyes. Rainbows and unicorns roaring through a colander.

Millions of men are now swooning with shame. I just can't wait for the all Tranny NBA.

Blogger RadixMalorum May 14, 2021 11:40 AM  

NBA:WNBA::Olympics:Special Olympics

Blogger KPKinSunnyPhiladelphia May 14, 2021 11:41 AM  

The WNBA is a lezzy league -- frankly, so are a lot sports. See the loathsome Megan Rapinoe.

And that's the demo who watches the WNBA and follows it. And, as you might imagine, it's not a very big demo.

Women's sport should exist in high school and college, and that's about it. And that should be the case for three reasons and three reasons only: (1) it keeps them away from boys; (2) it keeps them away from drugs and alcohol; and (3)it keeps them from getting fat.

That's it.

But as preparation for a professional career? Fuggedaboutit.

Women's sports at the professional level is basically unwatchable. Our esteemed blog proprietor gave a lukewarm positive nod to women's soccer, and, yes, you may see some good combination passing and good technique at one-quarter speed, but on the other hand, you see a bunch of girls getting ACL tears playing soccer. The female physique, with wide hips and splayed knees is just not suited for the quick push off and sudden changes of direction required in the game.

Frankly the best "visual" experience with women's sports is track and field. The top women are graceful, highly coordinated, and VERY good looking. But you don't watch for the competition.

Blogger Taqiyyotomist May 14, 2021 11:44 AM  

Ignoring them is stalking, and serial killing, them. My, how language is evolving.

Blogger CF Neal May 14, 2021 11:45 AM  

@9. ?

@22. What am I missing? Did your FULL comment fail to D/L?

@29. Wow. Just wow. Nuff said; maybe TMI, if ignorance is bliss.

@37. Two sides of the same coy'n.

40+ years ago, my favorite niece was a VERY accomplished basketball player: shooting, dribbling, passing, teamwork & athleticism (BTW, don't we HATE that word? Who's to blame? Dandy-Don or Cosell himself?). After her senior year of high school ball, my brother, HER favorite uncle, invited her & an another of her talented teammates to join our pickup league. Challenge accepted! They were a good fit. They played competitively (at least from MY perspective; having gotten burned a few times), and even added a bit of 'court etiquette', a bit of a check, as it were, on some of our attempts at over achieving & grasping back in time to days of faded glory.

Any way, she got a full scholarship, to a local (WV) small college. Hooray!

Well ... not so fast. Maybe a year, no more than two later, she rejoined our pick up league, for what I guess you could call her last hoorah. You see, SHE saw too much for her Christian sensibilities: a team of Ms. Fits of whom SHE was the misfit; ROMANS 1:26.

Fortunately, she was smart, too. Found a scholarship for nursing school, married, raised a family, To God be the glory!

Blogger LR27 May 14, 2021 11:48 AM  

When will the Darklord start his own sports leagues? You gave us leather books and comic books, it's the next logical step.

Blogger ar10308 May 14, 2021 11:55 AM  

@T.L. Ciottoli: You need to reevaluate what you actually know about the Jerry Sandusky scandal at PSU. It isn't nearly so much about the football program as it was about those in local and State government who did more to enable Sandusky than anyone, and used the Media to make it about a Football program that Sandusky had left years prior.
Why would you believe what the Media says about Joe Paterno, when you won't even listen to a word they said about Donald Trump?

Blogger FUBARwest May 14, 2021 11:56 AM  

"Everyone knows people will watch what marketers tell them to watch"

How does anybody possibly think this is true?

Blogger Owen May 14, 2021 12:02 PM  

Women’s volleyball is fun to watch. I don’t know much about soccer but that Rapopo woman (or whatever her name is) makes me not even want to hear about it.

Blogger spacehabitats May 14, 2021 12:03 PM  

If I have a tribal interest in a game I can enjoy rooting for "my" team, even if the level play is less than top notch.
But otherwise, watching a professional sporting event played at a mediocre level of performance is just stupid.

Blogger Weouro May 14, 2021 12:04 PM  

I prefer women's high jump, gymnastics and beach volleyball.

Blogger pyrrhus May 14, 2021 12:05 PM  

It's not resilient, as fans aren't supporting the league, someone's pumping subsidy money in to keep it going.

The NBA is supporting the WNBA...As to fans, I have asked everyone I know if they can name one WNBA team's actual name...they can't do it...

Blogger Solon May 14, 2021 12:09 PM  

Because not even women want to watch a substandard level of competition. They want to see the peak physical challenge just as men do, although for slightly different reasons ("ooh, strong, tall, and rich, dominating other strong tall rich men. Fetch me my fainting couch")

Blogger pyrrhus May 14, 2021 12:09 PM  

Of course, the stupidity of WNBA players who have gone on strike to support male trannies who would replace them in short order, is manifest....

Blogger Doom May 14, 2021 12:12 PM  

Isn't that absolutely last statement a reason to actually support the WNBA? Out with the baby, as it were. I don't mean watch it. Bleh. But... get behind them. That's... the only place to be anyway, with regards to the WNBA. Better view, especially as most of them are butt ugly, just not literally. *wink*

Blogger UrbanArson May 14, 2021 12:14 PM  

Lower the hoop by one foot. There I made the WNBA just as entertaining as women’s tennis or women’s track and field.

Blogger Solon May 14, 2021 12:18 PM  

I went to a LOT of women's club hockey games back when I was in college.

But then again, that's mostly because I was sleeping with the goalie at the time. It wasn't particularly interesting otherwise. *shrug*

Blogger Chris Lopes May 14, 2021 12:20 PM  

I don't watch the WNBA for the same reason I don't watch golf or fishing shows. I have a limited amount of time I can spend on such things and I'd rather spend that time on things I'm actually interested in.

Blogger Jack Amok May 14, 2021 12:29 PM  

I don't think the male athlete friend even exists. It is just a character to work her thesis from.

Bingo.

Blogger Diamondo May 14, 2021 12:34 PM  

Reading that article literally hurt my brain.
Oh, and I doubt the author's so called male friend is real. His stated reasons for not liking women's sports were too truthful and logical for him to really be a male feminist.

Blogger Teleport me off this rock May 14, 2021 12:36 PM  

@77 - Because sports are just a waste of time and money aimed stupid musclehead jocks and beer-guzzling fat-ass fans, right? Or are those stereotypes only for men's sports?

It's so hard to keep up with what has been pumped into my blank slate brain by the cisheteronormativewhitesupremacistmisogynist patriarchy which controls my every thought and action.

@83 - That wasn't Mia Hamm, it was Brandi Chastain, who no one really remembers all that much. See how much you really don't care?

Blogger Teleport me off this rock May 14, 2021 12:40 PM  

My favorite dumb "thought" from the article:

"People watch what marketers TELL them to watch."


Classic projection: "You mindless drones just think what you're told, unlike galaxy brain me who's totally not just parroting received "wisdom" from petty authorities! I'm not dumb, like everybody says, I'm smart, I can handle things!"

Blogger Crew May 14, 2021 12:41 PM  

@94: A lot of what Cole and Anspach write in their Galaxy's edge series seems to be about current events ...

Blogger Turk187 May 14, 2021 12:59 PM  

You'd think there are enough women out there to make WNBA successful without the men. Why don't THEY watch? I would guess because women who like sports mostly like to watch MEN play sports. I'd guess that the lesbian audience is the only strong support the WNBA has.

Blogger Teleport me off this rock May 14, 2021 12:59 PM  

@96 - Having attended an ACC school where I had the "honor" of occasionally practicing with the women's basketball team when they needed to raise the challenge level, I can say that sailors who have spent 30 years in the merchant marine would be disgusted and embarrassed by the antics and attitudes of many lesbian athletes, especially the more urban ones.

Blogger Crew May 14, 2021 1:05 PM  

It is amusing that the US Women's Soccer team has been beaten by a boys team from Texas and the Australian Women's Soccer team has been beaten by a boys team from Sydney.

Think about that. The national women's team can draw the best from the whole population of each country but they are still beaten by regional boys' teams.

Blogger Jake Burton May 14, 2021 1:05 PM  

OH MAN ya'll need to watch some WNBA if you never have. I have seen good female tennis players and I love watching female volleyball, but female basketball is painfully bad. It's literally on par with those kids in your neighborhood playing basketball in the cul de sac. I just watched some on youtube and had no clue it was so bad.

Blogger The Only Cigar in the Box May 14, 2021 1:17 PM  

Wonder what she's gonna say when it's all just trannies in the WNBA.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash May 14, 2021 1:22 PM  

The WNBA has survived, not because of resilience, Strong Wammens, anti-fa anti-racism, GRRRRRL POWER or any SJW other bullshit. It survives because it is literally subsidized by the men's league, to the tune of a million dollars a year per team. League-wide, almost a quarter of the revenue is subsidies from the NBA. Add to that the subsidies from woke corporations, and it's unlikely that WNBA can even pay to rent their arenas out of box office.

Blogger Glen Sprigg May 14, 2021 1:22 PM  

FUBARwest wrote:"Everyone knows people will watch what marketers tell them to watch"

How does anybody possibly think this is true?

Because she herself is incapable of discerning thought, so anytime a marketer spouts off in front of her she mindlessly obeys. And she can't conceive of anyone else being different, because she is the specialest and most independent-thinking person on the PLANET. And if SHE can't resist the marketing, nobody else can, either.

Blogger UrbanBight May 14, 2021 1:25 PM  

The longest I ever watched women's basketball.

https://youtu.be/ws__KmKYc9I

Blogger papabear May 14, 2021 1:29 PM  

@33 Many of the events in gymnastics are not designed for female anatomy -- hence the use of puberty suppressors and late bloomers for competition.

Rhythmic gymnastics is different.

Blogger Troy Lee Messer May 14, 2021 1:36 PM  

Black female negros are at the basment floor of the social-sexual heirarchy. No interest at regarding any aspect of these people.

I'd rather watch a Mastiff try to compete in a dof show. That would be entertaining.

Blogger Harambe May 14, 2021 1:51 PM  

Women's gymnastics, figure skating, tennis, and other sports where gracefulness gets you a higher score are all very entertaining. I can even watch the ugly girls and enjoy it. But I can't watch women pretending to be men. It's just not good entertainment.

Blogger Karen took the Kids May 14, 2021 2:01 PM  

The females also want equal pay in every sport with a male equivalent. Looks like lesbians are bad at basic economics as well as sport.

Blogger Steve Canyon May 14, 2021 2:08 PM  

The only time women want to watch other women is when those women are of higher SMV than them. Which is why they watch the Oscars and glitterati crap like that. They want to see what the apex females are doing so they can emulate them in an attempt to get access to a higher SMV man. They certainly aren't going to watch low SMV women unless its some trainwreck show with tons of drama like the 500pound fatfolk reality program. Hence, any normal gal isn't going to be in the WNBA demographic unless they got a daughter into basketball. And even then, the kid's going to watch while Mom's reading a book or messing with the phone or doing the parental "yes dear" equivalent.

What was it Roissy said about women, that when they're put in charge of the revolution they're going to pursue whatever it is that raises their value at the expense of others or something like that? Fagan may be a dead ringer for Shapiro, but she's still a gal in that regard.

Blogger Gabriel Santos May 14, 2021 2:20 PM  

"I nodded as my friend spoke. He hit all the expected notes."

Hahahahaahaha. Cultural marxists are so enormously petulant.

Blogger S1AL May 14, 2021 2:24 PM  

"But chicks playing basketball? No. they always look goofy, clumsy, slow, and awkward."

Basketball is a game about shoulders, and to a least extent explosive movements. Therefore...

Blogger T.L. Ciottoli May 14, 2021 2:28 PM  

ar10308 wrote:Why would you believe what the Media says about Joe Paterno, when you won't even listen to a word they said about Donald Trump?

True dat. I will reevaluate. I do remember pretty clearly that one of the assistant coaches literally caught Sandusky in the act in one of the showers and instead of stopping the act, he ran away to tell JoPa. That was years before Sandusky left the program.

Blogger Dafo May 14, 2021 2:31 PM  

She shouldn't worry, nobody watches the men now either.

Blogger OMGDwayne May 14, 2021 2:33 PM  

Leftist tyranny ALWAYS means that you must "enjoy" what they tell you to enjoy or admire even if you are indifferent to it or just hate it. This harpy seems indifferent to the fact that she's not discussing sports at all. And again, the (((Left))) always trots out the ugliest, stupidest, least intelligent, least talented (Blacks just so you know) and tells us we must worship them. Openly. Enthusiastically. Or else.

Blogger Unknown May 14, 2021 2:34 PM  

the majority of women have been "frightened" within the last week.

to a man, this is nonsensical and overly sensitive worldview.

until you consider the point, that the male human is the single most dangerous predator on the planet. that we solo hunt lions armed with an assegai, that we hunt elephants and sharks and water buffalo for fun, that we hunt whales ( the largest animals on the planet ) because we can make money doing so.

women are seeking to mate with the most dangerous animal on the planet. therefore, it would be insane for them to not have a bit of diffidence when dealing with us.

Blogger Moonman's Ray-Ban Sunglasses May 14, 2021 2:36 PM  

"What a deeply stupid article!"

Women writers.

Blogger Gabriel Santos May 14, 2021 2:37 PM  

When female sports are popular I'd say is usually for a reason no feminist would find valid: That the male audience can combine the entertainment of watching the game with the pleasure of lustifully gazing at the players' scantily clad bodies. I'm pretty sure that is the reason female volleyball was popular here in Brazil.

And now, as a practicing catholic, I myself no longer find that reason valid, for it is a sin against the Ninth.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine May 14, 2021 2:38 PM  

"Actually, it’s pathological. It’s chronic, and irrational, and it’s been stalking the WNBA since its founding. In the U.S., this lie is the serial killer of women’s professional leagues."

What disease, what irrationality, what lie? You just went through all the trouble of pointing out that all of those reasons are rational, logical, and true. Get back in the kitchen where you're wanted.

Blogger VFM Bear May 14, 2021 2:38 PM  

(or even worse, hockey!)

I beg to disagree. When I was at uni I helped coach our girls' team. They were mostly all quite pretty and tended to wear loose jogging pants during practices. Which often slipped down.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine May 14, 2021 2:39 PM  

"Looks like lesbians are bad at basic economics as well as sport."

They were bad at economics waaaay before.

Blogger Jab Burrwalky May 14, 2021 2:45 PM  

Azure Amaranthine wrote:"Actually, it’s pathological. It’s chronic, and irrational, and it’s been stalking the WNBA since its founding. In the U.S., this lie is the serial killer of women’s professional leagues."

What disease, what irrationality, what lie? You just went through all the trouble of pointing out that all of those reasons are rational, logical, and true. Get back in the kitchen where you're wanted.


You would trust her with food? Not only would she poison it, she would bring the flavorless opposite of what you asked for and then lecture you on why it's what you really wanted all along!

Blogger Unknown May 14, 2021 2:59 PM  

Bimbo
The WNBA, though, is resilient.


more to the point of the article, the WNBA loses millions of dollars every operating season and survives ONLY because of direct subsidies from the NBA and co-hosting events in existing NBA facilities ( thus artificially reducing WNBA fixed costs ).

without in/direct subsidies from the NBA, the W version would have closed up shop halfway through their first season.

and this is the most "resilient" league the women have.

tells you everything you need to know, really.

Blogger Heath Duane Whitaker May 14, 2021 3:03 PM  

What do you call a 6 foot 8 black person that can’t play basketball? Starts with a W.

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother May 14, 2021 3:25 PM  

WNBA COLLAPSES

LESBIANS AND LL BEAN HARDEST HIT

Blogger By My Greybeard! May 14, 2021 3:32 PM  

I used to watch the women's skating in the olympics.

My wife & I watched women's figure skating whenever we could. That was before all the rule changes to allow the judges to run-up the score, (it was said to make the sport “more exciting”) and additionally make the sport more inclusive (read: easier).

The last straw was lowering the bottom age to allow barely pubescent lolitas to compete in the Adult Women's competition during the late 1990's.

That skating was a sport geared to the advantages of the female form and very few men look as graceful and fluid doing it.

If these shreakers really want to play sports, and not simply prove they're men w/“Vag”'s,
why not play sports that cater to and utilize the unique strengths of athletic women?

If they believe there aren't enough female-attribute showcasing sports, they could invent sports specifically tailored to women!

Some things that aren't currently sports, with a small alteration, could become a sport: Competitive Ballet, anyone?

After all, people invented both kinds of football, rugby, and basketball. They didn't spring full-formed from the gods of sports.



Blogger Azimus May 14, 2021 3:37 PM  

What about that lingerie football league? Did that fold up too?

Blogger Azimus May 14, 2021 3:39 PM  

This makes me wonder why, or even if, people watch and follow women fighters. I have never understood the appeal there. Now women's tennis and volleyball - yes. Women breaking each other's noses and choking each other out? I can get that for free any given day on the streets of Columbus, OH

Blogger Azimus May 14, 2021 3:44 PM  

There is a bit of a flaw in the "duh I just watch the best" argument because people actually do attend semi-pro baseball games and follow all manner of semi-pro and amateur athletics. If it was simply a matter of watching the best, no one would come to our local invitational track meet but there were 2,500 spectators there freezing in the blasting northern wind and 15 degree wind chill. How do the two square with each other? Is the difference in amateur sports a matter of community pride, tapping into a different fanbase altogether? What about are a football, where half the roster changes over year to year?

Blogger Unknown May 14, 2021 3:50 PM  

74. Damelon Brinn May 14, 2021 10:45 AM
I'd call that bold, but she probably doesn't even see what she's doing.


false, she knows exactly what she's doing;
the typical female game of throwing out 6 gorillion fake ( non ) considerations in order to distract you from the actual salient points of Logic.

what gives the game away as being Willful and Intentional is the fact that they are so adept at ignoring or demeaning the actual points of Logic, as she does in this article.


100. KPKinSunnyPhiladelphia May 14, 2021 11:41 AM
(1) it keeps them away from boys;


you're out of your frigging mind. swim teams do everything together except locker rooms. i expect the same is true for gymnasts and skaters.

you might delude yourself into thinking football / basketball are different ... but that just means the girl needs to join the cheerleading squad. the "head cheerleader dating the star quarterback" happens so often it's a cliche.

oh yeah, there are often male cheerleaders, that's a notorious pick-up "sport" for straight guys.

Blogger By My Greybeard! May 14, 2021 3:55 PM  

@ Teleport

I'm sorry.

I really don't understand what merch.marines has to do with it, unless you're commenting on profanity (e.g., ‘swearing like a sailor’).

Would you mind a thumbnail explanation?

Blogger Kevin Smith May 14, 2021 4:02 PM  

This article is only stupid if the author's intention is to promote the WNBA. It's not. The intention is to inflame SJWs already predisposed to her views, so that they double down on their divisive, destructive and pointless causes.

Blogger Noah B. May 14, 2021 4:18 PM  

If the WNBA wasn't explicitly pro-tranny from its inception, then by their own standards doesn't it deserve to be cancelled?

Blogger FacelessBro May 14, 2021 4:24 PM  

"I don't think the male athlete friend even exists. It is just a character to work her thesis from."

Agreed. Why would any man feel the need to explain to a woman why he doesn't watch women's sports?

Blogger GP May 14, 2021 4:25 PM  

You're right.
Average NBA male height 6'7"
Average WNBA female height 5'11"-6'0"

Blogger Kevin Pilsner May 14, 2021 4:52 PM  

I just watched some wnba highlights after reading this article. Yeesh. So bad. Looks like they're running in slow motion. Obviously basketball isn't for women, even the very tall women, or men who get estrogen injections either.

Blogger weka May 14, 2021 5:01 PM  

This is the reason beach volleyball exists, and everyone watches the women.

Until trannies ruin it, which will be real soon now.

Blogger Valar Addemmis May 14, 2021 5:05 PM  

Azimus wrote:If it was simply a matter of watching the best, no one would come to our local invitational track meet but there were 2,500 spectators there freezing in the blasting northern wind and 15 degree wind chill. How do the two square with each other?

My recollection even from invitational track meets is that it's mostly friends and family members attending. Seems like a pretty huge difference.

Blogger qualitycontrol May 14, 2021 5:46 PM  

@152. Azimus
I think I mentioned this earlier but regionalism or nationalism in conjunction with competitive sports makes people go see these matches. Or people socialize in the stadium. That said, I don't think the article above is about the live experience. Instead it is more about watching it on the television. And I don't see a lot of people randomly watching semi professionals from across the country on the television without any connection to the team/athletes.

Blogger Evangeline May 14, 2021 5:58 PM  

Someone just made a relevant comment here. When the women's team is taken over by transgenders, we'll end up watching men play basketball. Hey if it's good for weightlifting and track, it's good for basketball. Marxists make no sense. But in the hierarchy of victims, trannies trump all it seems, so we'll see.

Blogger Colonel Blimp May 14, 2021 6:00 PM  

The simplest answer to why women's basketball isn't watched is the same reason you don't watch a different regions div 3 bball: you just don't care and it isn't the best. Without a novel hook, no one will watch, men's or women's.

We love Little League World Seriee. Are they the best? No but it is entertaining.
I can watch some Women's world cup or gymnastics. Why, it seems interesting to me. Also, let's be fair most sports are watched with the anticipation of a close contest down to the wire. Men's dports often have this. Women sports are over by halftime.

Tl;dr women's pro sports aren't interesting or compelling 95% of the time, so most people don't watch.

Blogger Gilbert Ratchet May 14, 2021 6:27 PM  

Steve Canyon wrote:
What was it Roissy said about women, that when they're put in charge of the revolution they're going to pursue whatever it is that raises their value at the expense of others or something like that? Fagan may be a dead ringer for Shapiro, but she's still a gal in that regard.


Are you thinking of Sailer’s First Law of Female Journalism, which is that "the most heartfelt journalistic extrusions will be demands for how society must be re-engineered so that, come the Revolution, the writer herself will be considered hotter-looking"?

Blogger Brother Deke May 14, 2021 6:37 PM  

All of this is a nonstarter to me.

Women's sports is of no interest to me. I don't consult women on writing, on business, on politics, on art, or maintenance on single engines. Neither should you. There's no value in it.

The only thing I would listen to their opinions if it is in regards to childbirth and the aliments associated with that, for example hemorrhoids or breast tenderness. And with the numbers on abortion since 1980, I wouldn't even consult them on that topic. You had one job, and you flunked it.

And that goes for almost every woman posting on this board, save one. It's 98% certain you have better things to do, so get on it.

Blogger Teleport me off this rock May 14, 2021 6:46 PM  

@154 - Are you serious? Drinking, whoring, drugging, vulgar in thought, speech and deed. Does that cover it?

Blogger Akulkis May 14, 2021 6:52 PM  

>> God I hate Ben Stiller.

Even more annoying than Woody Allen.

Blogger Akulkis May 14, 2021 6:55 PM  

Wooden rackets have a very small "sweet spot" compared to the same size racket in metal or carbon fiber composite. And wood is heavier, so it's an endurance contest of both the athlete's respiration efficiency AND arm fatigue.

Blogger Canadian Warlord May 14, 2021 7:10 PM  

It only took "official" sports media ten years to copy the podcast post/download model of connecting with the audience. They are not 'on the ball.'

Sports will continue. Sports media has already been replaced by fan forums and fan live streams. The last boomers' cable packages will expire and the last fans willing to spend money to be told how crappy they are will die.

Goodbye sports media. You were sacrificed along with your pharaoh, the news media, to keep them up to date on the camel races and the wnba as they sail into the nightlands.

Blogger Akulkis May 14, 2021 7:16 PM  

>> But then again, that's mostly because I was sleeping with the goalie at the time.

Crowded net. When you blocked a shot, did you notice?

Blogger Akulkis May 14, 2021 7:24 PM  

@By My Greybeard!

Ever evesdrop on a table of women talking amongst themselves?

While women may say, "Men are pigs!” it's really projection.

Related comment: women who have gone to strip clubs for men (i.e. male patrons, female strippers) are absolutely shocked at how calm the men are, compared to how women act at a male strip show (apparently, it's typically as if they haven't ever seen a healthy man's body in their entire life, and the women tend to get very grabby and do other things that would get a man thrown out of a female strip show IMMEDIATELY.

Blogger Steve Canyon May 14, 2021 7:52 PM  

Yep. That's the one. Think I saw it on Roissy's blog which led me to think he said it.

Blogger Taignobias May 14, 2021 7:59 PM  

It stands to reason that, evil being against God, the gifts of evil would be opposite of the gifts of God.

Death instead of life. Lustful addiction instead of overflowing joy. The illusion of control instead of the peace that passes understanding. Inability to communicate instead of the gift of tongues. Hatred instead of love excelling.

And, instead of understanding, foolish stupidity.

Blogger Bigger Bunyip May 14, 2021 8:36 PM  

In a few years the result of her SJW comrades work will be that women's sport is ALL (trans) MEN. How will Kate Fagen feel about that?

Blogger Dark glasses Woody May 14, 2021 11:45 PM  

Professional sport is gay

Blogger CostelloM May 15, 2021 12:32 AM  

"Why don't you watch women's sports?" "Well when I watch I want to see the best of the best". "Well..." insert diversity reason, fake "struggle", and social justice arguments.

Great. The reason I should want to watch women's basketball is because of diversity and social justice - neither of which has anything to do with basketball. How much of the Guinness Book of World records is dedicated to being the most "diverse" score in basketball?

We want excellence they want politics. That's worse than oil and water.

Blogger Damelon Brinn May 15, 2021 1:35 AM  

Basketball is a game about shoulders,

Yep, that's how I'd explain it. Unlike games where you hit the ball, you push a basketball when you shoot or pass it. To do it with grace and skill, you need to be using a small amount of your strength so you can control it well. A good jump-shot, even at the high school level, is done with a flick of the forearm and wrist anchored against your upper body at the shoulder, so the more solid everything from your elbow back is, the better.

Since boys pass up grown women in upper body strength and size at a young age, girls and women are always going to be heaving the ball by comparison, even with their smaller ball.

Blogger GeronL May 15, 2021 1:38 AM  

A WNBA game was packed?

Blogger Damelon Brinn May 15, 2021 1:41 AM  

In a few years the result of her SJW comrades work will be that women's sport is ALL (trans) MEN.

They don't expect that ever to happen, because no matter what they say, they know that trannies are extremely rare and generally not athletic. They also don't think there will be enough normal athletic men willing to go trans to get what are really pretty meager salaries. So they expect to be able to virtue signal for trannies forever without danger of being replaced by them. So far they've been right.

Blogger Leo Littlebook ID:16216229492837658552 May 15, 2021 2:40 AM  

Obviously if my competitive stripper tips WNBA plan is implemented, then the current roster of trolls will be replaced by leggy lingerie models.

In acknowledgment of others' excellent points, the game's dimensions should be reduced: ball size, hoop height, court size, etc.

I suggest permitting the home team to set these dimensions, since they'll be incentivized to maximize game appeal to increase tips and tickets, and won't cheat too badly for fear of driving away fans. After a period of experimentation, perhaps a best practice will emerge, which the league can then standardize. Or perhaps a variety of subtle differences improves game depth, preventing standardization of somatypes across the league.

Basically I'm combining the concept of livestreamer/camwhore tips with team sports, to make sports competitive with videogames again.

Blogger SciVo May 15, 2021 2:50 AM  

If the WNBA gets into real financial trouble, it can just rebrand as a chain of social clubs for dykes. That would save a lot of expense, and most people wouldn't notice the difference.

Blogger Colonel Blimp May 15, 2021 5:15 AM  

Wait a few months. It only takes one to take over a whole game. You seem to be missing this.

Toot my own horn time...lol I played basketball at the hs level only. Rec in college. Im 6 2 275 now, but was 185 to 210 at that time. Never super fast, good handles, decent shot, lots of rebounds, steals, blocks...ergo decent white guy with a bird. Nothing special.
The point ?? At 16 I would have made any girls hs team in the state automatic champs. No question. If at 19 I played for any of the top 25 womens college teams, instant champs. Probably a few more down the line but that might expose too many fatal flaws among teammates.

I'm 42 now. If I spent three months getting into great running shape and hovered around 240, I could still play in the WNBa. I am not special and I'm not joking.

Women are awkward athletically. They telegraph movement. And the biggest thing is they are easily bullied in a physical game. The type of hustle and grit men deal with to be elite, women simply don't get it. Even if they try to ape it, it isn't constant or effective.

All it would take is about 25 guys at the college level to change it entirely. Maybe 8 to 10 at pro level. And that is to make it complete farce, not just wonky, you only need a few for that. And we aren't talking Lebrons. We are talking about 6 4 bob smith in a dress. Or your friend johnny who could ball in hs but his 5 10 frame let him down later.

It is a CERTAINTY women's sports will be taken over UNLESS trans are stopped by rule or law. Let these harpies suffer if there is no resistance to trans, it matters none to mens sports at all.

Blogger Troushers May 15, 2021 5:37 AM  

Shorter Fagan: Men should eat the shit sandwich because of the struggle to produce it.
and
If the WBNA was only gifted the exposure, salaries, merchandising, cultural relevance, sponsership and attention of the NBA THEN AT LAST it would rightfully get the exposure, salaries, merchandising, cultural relevance, sponsership and attention of the NBA.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine May 15, 2021 7:44 AM  

"There are some women's sports that are superior to the men's versions. For example, women's tennis is better in the rare circumstances that it is competitive for the same reason that men's tennis was better when the players used smaller wooden rackets. It's boring to watch two 6'6" men using oversized titanium weaponry to launch rocket serves at each other that neither of them can return. And women's soccer actually makes for relatively interesting viewing now that no top-level male player not named Ronaldo or Messi is capable of beating a defender one-on-one anymore."

And:

"its odd to me... Chicks can look graceful and athletic and generally awesome while they play volleyball. They can even look graceful and athletic while they play soccer or tennis."

Well, that's fairly clear then. When either the bounds of the game are too small for the better men to show off properly, or the very best men become good enough at the game that they effectively turn the arena or rules into a cage against which they pummel their incapacitated opponents, the entertainment of the game passes from watching magnificent unfettered competitive performances, to something more like watching curated and carefully constrained and protected flowers growing in a flower border.

Men are supposed to be magnificent, women are supposed to be beautiful, and each is best to observe when it can be as it should be. Beauty can fit in a flower border, magnitude usually can't.

Blogger Azure Amaranthine May 15, 2021 7:55 AM  

"you're out of your frigging mind. swim teams do everything together except locker rooms. i expect the same is true for gymnasts and skaters."

Can confirm for swim team. Gymnasts and skaters are, consecutively, a slide toward ballet --that is, there are no competitive swimming exhibitions I know of that require teams of men and women, while there may be a few for gymnastics, and skating has a lot of them.

"oh yeah, there are often male cheerleaders, that's a notorious pick-up "sport" for straight guys."

There shouldn't be. They're universally either homosexual, or a dude that loves the thought of getting his hands all over his female classmates' legs so much that he just can't resist invading cheerleading.

Maybe somewhere there's a guy that has five or more sisters/cousins in the cheerleading squad and is doing it to keep other guys away from them, but that would be the far, far exception, and he probably has some lambda tendencies from being raised around so many girls. Straight lambdas? Always raised in a family with at least several sisters, usually older sisters, and with no father present.

Blogger Ariadne Umbrella May 15, 2021 11:17 AM  

The obvious joke has just been left on the ground..."I'm a woman. Of course I watch women's sports- I watch makeup tutorials for maximum layering, extreme acrylic nails and gossip shows that bully women into eating disorders."

How did ya'll miss that one? You really need to up the misogyny around here. It's getting positively supportive in here.

Blogger VD May 15, 2021 11:33 AM  

The obvious joke has just been left on the ground.

And yet you couldn't simply leave it there. Quelle surprise.

Blogger Ariadne Umbrella May 15, 2021 1:05 PM  

I feel unsupported. Is there a manager I can talk to?

Blogger Azure Amaranthine May 15, 2021 1:31 PM  

"You would trust her with food?"

Pfft, no. She would require years of training at the least, but she can't start that without being in the kitchen. At least some attitude adjustment would happen just in getting through that, otherwise there's nowhere she belongs, and many ways to send her there.

"But in the hierarchy of victims, trannies trump all it seems, so we'll see."

Nah, they'll get kicked to the curb when particular hellspawn, who also call themselves something they aren't, become threatened.

"Ever evesdrop on a table of women talking amongst themselves?

While women may say, "Men are pigs!” it's really projection."


Depends on the table, but if we're comparing worst for worst, women are absolutely filthy both mentally and physically. There's a reason well raised men are not supposed to swear or do other things around good women, the women will pick up on it and be even worse if given the opportunity.

Source for physical filth claim: Been there, told them they had to clean their own accursed restroom, a large amount of mud was the worst thing on the men's side. And that was in a middle class Christian setting. Good women are nitpicks about cleanliness for good reason.

"Obviously if my competitive stripper tips WNBA plan is implemented, then the current roster of trolls will be replaced by leggy lingerie models."

It's unfeasible, because the same women can get the same tips for wherever they're willing to go on the slider between waitress and prostitute, without the unrelated athleticism thrown in. Lack of public morals permitting, of course.

Blogger SmokeyJoe May 15, 2021 3:44 PM  

Even in Curling. Rules are same for male/female, even the 40lb rock. Men quicker out of the hack, and see the shots/angles better, plan further in advance and def better sweepers. Close enough that mixed teams are good though.
Curling match is one time all the female yelling doesn't cause all the men's eyes to glaze over.

Blogger M In The 517 May 16, 2021 12:37 AM  

Jack and Jill,
Went up the hill,
To have some hanky panky.
Silly Jill forgot her pill,
And now there's little Franky.


Mary had a little lamb,
Her father shot it dead.
Now it goes to school with her,
Between two chunks of bread.


Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet,
Her clothes all tattered and torn.
It wasn't the spider that crept up beside her,
But Little Boy Blue and his horn.


Simple Simon met a Pieman, going to the fair.
Said Simple Simon to the Pieman,
What have you got there?
Said the Pieman unto Simon,
Pies, you dickhead.

Blogger Damelon Brinn May 16, 2021 4:33 AM  

It is a CERTAINTY women's sports will be taken over UNLESS trans are stopped by rule or law.

I'd love to see it. Obviously it *could* happen if enough men were willing to do it. I've been hoping for it for a few years. I'm still waiting.

Blogger SecondComingOfBast May 16, 2021 1:01 PM  

#3 Camp Oro Did he even exist?

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts