ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2020 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Monday, June 07, 2021

Dear Boomer

Dear Boomer,

No one, since the literal creation of Man, has accepted "but the Devil made me do it" as an excuse. No one forced you to reject your history, your traditions, your nation, and your ancestors. No one made you neglect your children and your grandchildren. No one forced you to go into debt and eat the seed corn.

You did those things. No one did them for you or to you. You were presented with more freedom than nearly any other generation in human history and you freely chose to be wicked. You created the "latchkey children". You failed to pass on a functional society. You failed to pass on the knowledge that your fathers passed on to you. You planted no trees. You strip-mined the economy. You left your wives, and left your husbands, and you shattered your families, simply because no one forcibly stopped you. And if anyone tried to convince you otherwise, you dismissed them as fascists and religious freaks.

So don't blame your parents, society, the Jews, Vietnam, the black community, the communists, Kondratiev waves, or anything else. None of your excuses matter and none of them will be accepted by anyone. The more you defend yourself, the more you will be despised by the younger generations and the generations still to come. You're not sexy, you're not cool, and the Beatles will be forgotten about five minutes after the last Boomer dies. Seventy is not the new twenty.

You will never be forgiven because you will never repent of your wickedness. So, eat, drink, and be merry today, for the Day of the Pillow is coming.

Ok, Boomer?


UPDATE: Milo wrote a succinct but favorable review.

It’s been nearly a year since a man made me this hard.

Labels:

244 Comments:

1 – 200 of 244 Newer› Newest»
Blogger The Greay Man June 07, 2021 2:17 PM  

Burn!

Blogger KingKrawFish June 07, 2021 2:25 PM  

My boomer parents were almost totally absent from me and my siblings lives. Older bro and sis were dumped off in another state to be raised by moms older relatives.

Dad died young and mom showed virtually zero interest in grandkids, refusing to even ‘babysit’ for even short periods of time.

Eventually ran off to another state in pursuit of a man.

Both parents were almost completely self centered but they did manage to mostly keep me and my remaining brother fed.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 07, 2021 2:26 PM  

BTW, if you're special and not guilty, he's not talking about you.

Blogger Crave June 07, 2021 2:27 PM  

Death cannot come soon enough for Beatlemania.

Blogger Balkan Yankee June 07, 2021 2:39 PM  

Raised by Silents. Praise God.

Blogger Keef June 07, 2021 2:40 PM  

Off topic but cause to celebrate: https://twitter.com/jackposobiec/status/1401938787584856065?s=21

Blogger Wazdakka June 07, 2021 2:41 PM  

Ouch

Blogger Rek. June 07, 2021 2:44 PM  

Bwahahaha!! And some say Vox is not funny.

Blogger Roger June 07, 2021 2:45 PM  

Screw all of you and your pillow. Booming away hear tending to my mother and raising my kids. Sign both sides of my paycheck.

Blogger Unknown June 07, 2021 2:47 PM  

Okay I will bite. I am a tail end Boomer, did not marry until later in life. I was sold the "bill of goods" and went for a career rather than planning a family. I DEEPLY regret my youthful folly. The feminist cultural messages were designed to lure confused teenaged girls into hating men and despising children. I am blessed to have steppies and their kids in my life. My life would be very empty without them.
Only with hindsight which comes after getting older can one really understand the failed boomer generation.
We kicked God to the kerb.
We allowed our governments to spend us into debt.
We turned girls into careerists who are prepared to kill their unborn.
We have lost major institutions (media, arts, movies, university, etc) to Satanists.
We have feminised boys and men.
We have allowed a handful of corporations to feed us pet food (carbs, sugar, additives, seed oils).

I righted my own ship several years ago. We grow our own food (chickens, goats, pigs, cattle).
I have asked God to be in my life.
We are improving the soil on our farm by regenerative grazing techniques.
And we love it when the kids come to visit.
I am lucky.

Blogger L June 07, 2021 2:47 PM  

Early Xer with Silent parents here. Age 12 I remember being disgusted with Boomers because of their hubris in tossing out what came before.

Blogger Richard June 07, 2021 2:48 PM  

Consider the possibility that the 'Not-vaccine' IS the day of the pillow; that this the COVID-19 scare is a judgment of GOD on a wicked world. The here-enumerated attitudes/priorities/sins of the boomers are certainly not unique to the boomer generation. Perhaps people are fearful of COVID-19 (and hence get vaccinated) is BECAUSE of wickedness (Proverbs 28:1)

Blogger [Redacted] June 07, 2021 2:48 PM  

The people who will write about the Boomers have not been born yet. Just as coastal people never bother writing down that the ocean is salty, the Boomer's culture of moral perversion has shifted the reference frames of all those living that they can't properly articulate the atrocity and horror of living among such fallen men. When our children's children look back upon the archives of primary documents (if they are intact, and not rightfully reduced to ash), they will whisper to one another with intact minds a more sane and true response than our desensitized and deadened hearts can muster.

The Boomers, in half a century, lived as the most wealthy and influential demographic in history and oversaw over a billion children murdered by their mothers while still in the womb. It is all so wearisome. They can't comprehend how horrible they are.

Blogger cheddarman June 07, 2021 2:49 PM  

And The Rolling Stones and Woodstock

Blogger Nate73 June 07, 2021 2:50 PM  

Assuming radio is still around the top 40 stations will all instantly changeover when that day comes.

Blogger KPKinSunnyPhiladelphia June 07, 2021 2:51 PM  

The only think the OP needs is Guy Fawkes mask, mechanically altered voice over, and the coda

We are Anonymous.

We are Legion.

Expect us.

Blogger Greg from the Piedmont June 07, 2021 2:52 PM  

The Beatles being forgotten along with Woodstock and the "disco era" will be a good thing. In fact, forgetting most of the "notable" people, books, movies, events, and anything else that was built on sand, will be good. And cleansing to the soul.

Blogger thalios June 07, 2021 2:53 PM  

I was hoping for this. Thank you VD.

Blogger Reprehensible Adam June 07, 2021 2:53 PM  

Well said!

Blogger Fred June 07, 2021 2:57 PM  

Dear Little boychild. F_ck off. We suffered to raise your pink skirt asses. We dont want to hear your bullshit now. Perfectly? no. Better than our parents? Likely. Had we gone to war with the Government to fix shit, you'd be orphans, in the street, scaping for food.
Is our Government a total disaster? Yes. So rather than complain that we are the problem, start working on it yourself. But dont plan on having any kids: at your first effort to resist you'll likely be killed by a US drone.
The only solution is total civil war against the Washington pricks.

Blogger Didas Kalos June 07, 2021 3:02 PM  

Boomers are akin to the generation of Christians who lost North Africa and the Middle East to mohamedism. Never was so much good squandered in such a short period of time.

Blogger carnaby June 07, 2021 3:03 PM  

Boomers may not be sexy and they may not be cool, but the day of the pillow cracks me up. Still laughing. There's a graphic on this page illustrating such.

https://vjmpublishing.nz/?p=14919

Heh.

Blogger RandyB June 07, 2021 3:03 PM  

Boomers are the Prodigal Generation that has not come to their senses as the Prodigal Son did. They instead refuse to do so and make excuses as to why they shouldn't, and why they have nothing to repent.

By which they condemn themselves.

Blogger CCP June 07, 2021 3:04 PM  

I never liked The Beatles, except for this song

https://www.bitchute.com/video/VCcacvT1DSzk/

Blogger mrxsecrets June 07, 2021 3:08 PM  

I read an interview with Patty Boyd (George Harrison's wife) the other day. She told of his foray into self discovery which led to his focus on eastern religion, specifically Meditation and Krishna . This pursuit away from the religion of his fathers, led to complete hedonism and perpetual depression. This is the folly of most boomers: Prov. 14:12 "There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death." As a boomer "tail ender", I'm glad I was in single digits when all this crazy started, I insulated from all of it.

Blogger Road to Erudition June 07, 2021 3:13 PM  

There is no group more interested in converging every institution they participate in than the boomers. The day of the pillow approaches indeed!

Blogger millerized June 07, 2021 3:13 PM  

Damn...being born in December of 65 puts me on the deniability side of this. Whew. No kids to ignore, no wife to divorce, nothing but one fewer kidney donated to someone I'd never met to return me to the grave 'unused, still in original albeit slightly worn packaging'.

Blogger David McCarthy June 07, 2021 3:18 PM  

A lost boomer suddenly analyzing himself fairly is more rare than a leftist suddenly being logically consistent.

Blogger Doktor Jeep June 07, 2021 3:18 PM  

The boomers will spend their last days in nursing homes getting beaten by west African orderlies and nobody is going to care.

Blogger John W. Smoke June 07, 2021 3:19 PM  

I need a list of industries to short after the day of the pillow.

1. Cruise Lines
2. Medical Supply companies
3. Retirement Village corporations
4. Golf sporting good companies
5. Old Country Buffet
6. Jimmy Buffet

Blogger ToTheRightRon June 07, 2021 3:21 PM  

Most of them will be libertines till the end.

Blogger Warunicorn June 07, 2021 3:21 PM  

The Beatles. I can't think of a more overrated band.

As a 50-year-old Gen-X, a salute is in order. I could tell you stories about my Boomer parents... lol

Blogger Mikesbo June 07, 2021 3:23 PM  

OK ME-er.

I've not done the things you describe, and be careful of your glass house when it comes time to judge gen-x leadership of the world and its legacy. Paul Ryan anyone?

I'll bet if you look back at past empires you'll find similar.

Blogger wgmeisheid June 07, 2021 3:24 PM  

Snidely Whiplash wrote:BTW, if you're special and not guilty, he's not talking about you.
While that is true and he isn't talking about those like me since we don't fit the standard boomer profile and condemnation as we did not reject our history, our traditions, our nation, or our ancestors. We did not neglect our children and quite a few of us have paid a high price trying to save them from the black holes they stepped into and if we have grandchildren, a lot of us have had to raise them ourselves since we were left with no other option. We do not view ourselves as special. We just did what needed to be done and still do.

I have known many in my high school class who fought and still fight the same fight you all have joined and we have fought it throughout our life.

I place my difference and theirs in one important thing...we all accepteded Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior have tried to do the best we could to live up to that and we continue down the difficult road of discipleship.

I think what causes some of the reaction of those who may be like me is finding ourselves lumped into the morass of those who did those horrible things, of having the feeling we are going to be thrown out with the bath water 'just because', even though we paid a very high price over the years fighting the fight as best we could. We are just tired of being beaten down at every turn for something we aren't guilty of and hearing things that threaten us for something we are innocent of.

Just remember that when you take out your broad brush and start your vendetta of pillow work, we are your brothers in Christ and we have fought the same fight long before you did.

Blogger Jonathon Davies June 07, 2021 3:26 PM  

Boomergeddon can't come soon enough.

Blogger Jeroth June 07, 2021 3:26 PM  

You are absolutely correct that the excuses will not matter. But neither will they matter for the previous generations that sat by and allowed the creation of a Federal Reserve, universal suffrage, and the massive Jewish immigration that eventually snow balled into the 1965 immigration act. The boomers are just how depraved humans behave when given the comfort and opportunity. If you replaced the actual boomer babies with any other genetically comparable set of humans, I have no doubt you would get the exact same collective behavior across infinite timelines. More likely, it's that "freedom" that was the problem. Of course, you could apply similar reasoning to the previous generations in a fractal manner. If you discount external stimuli (famine, war, etc), collective behavior seems to just be a function of how much "freedom" the majority of a generation is allowed by the previous (e.g., raising your kids on Dr. Spock instead of the Bible).

Blogger Soap and Ham June 07, 2021 3:27 PM  

I'd ask for a path for redemption but as noted at the bottom, evil doesn't want redemption. Some who bought the program and now recognize the damage may already have repented but all of those selfish choices applauded by peers, movies, tv, books, nyt columnists... They leave a mark on your soul and twist you in ways you can't see.

This may be the generation that has to completely pass before we can set foot in the promiseland.

Blogger Daniel June 07, 2021 3:28 PM  

Boomers can't read.

Fortunately, someone has translated this heartfelt admonishment for teevee.

Blogger Unknown June 07, 2021 3:28 PM  

absolutely SA-VA-GE

Blogger Mikesbo June 07, 2021 3:29 PM  

The worst part of all this "blame it on the boomers, they were evil", is that you will think you won't do the same things, that you're different because you're not a boomer.

You assholes are making and ruling the world my children and theirs will live in, and your myopic self-deception is setting it up for equal, if not greater fail. Instead of "the devil made me do it", you're saying, "it's the boomers' fault, not mine!"

Blogger The Harlequin Romance of Neutron Bombs June 07, 2021 3:31 PM  

I'm still unsure how much of this was the boomers and how much of it was the so called "greatest generation," the latter possessing the reins of power from roughly 1960-1990, when a lot of the damage was done. That's when no fault divorce came into being, second wave feminism, the immigration acts of 1965 and 1986, the welfare state replacing fathers with the government, the creation and deployment of the MICOM. It was the GG who foisted all that on us, not the boomers. After they raised their kids on Dr. Spock.

This absolves the boomers of nothing. They were spoiled rotten and acted like it from the get go. The first thing they did upon coming to power was to get to work exporting America's industrial heartland (aka cashing in their inheritance), and the second thing they did was to get to work normalizing hedonism.

But greatest generation my ass. The only thing they were the greatest at was mindlessly following orders when they were young.

Blogger FacelessBro June 07, 2021 3:31 PM  

Man, oh man. Can't put it in any clearer terms than this. They'll find some other excuse for their destructive behavior, though.

Blogger Leahn Novash June 07, 2021 3:33 PM  

Ok, Boomer.
Nobody here noticed the hypocrisy of stating both that 1) if your generation fought against the government your children would be orphans and 2) the current generation should fight against the government to fix the problems you caused.
Seriously, nobody noticed.

Blogger Vixi et vivo June 07, 2021 3:34 PM  

*here . . . is a special exception

Blogger Stilicho June 07, 2021 3:34 PM  

Tldr: cue Billy Joel-- we didn't start the fire... resistance is futile... Boom on, man

Blogger Unknown June 07, 2021 3:36 PM  

The devil made me do it the first time, the second time I did it on my own.

Blogger Storm Rhode June 07, 2021 3:37 PM  

An exorcist Fr Ripperger explains generational spirits. 'It didn't start or end with the Boomers.' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC_hJywMUQ8&t=2149s

Blogger Geir Balderson June 07, 2021 3:38 PM  

#2
Yep! Very similar experience. But, i used them as role models not to emulate. Mom still has no real interests in her grandkids. And, they spent their treasure on homes cars and RVs. We , on the other hand, assisted our kids with down payments for their homes, eliminated their evil university debt and paid for our grandkids home schooling. My parents did none of these. But, it did give us a feeling of great accomplishment to save and be generous to family and church. It is better to give than squander.

Blogger BigTarget June 07, 2021 3:38 PM  

@ #20

If your comment was not in jest, which I wager it wasn't, you're proving VD's point.

Blogger Paddy Bourne June 07, 2021 3:39 PM  

I hesitate to wade into this acrimonious debate.

70 y/o Boomer here. I had the best parents in the world. I used to love my country before it became a cultural cesspool. Don't like the Beatles. I am a pre-Vatican II Catholic. My only guiding principle regarding investment is that the principle not be depleted.

We see our grandchildren nearly very single day. My wife spends her time taking care of her elderly mom and tending to the grand-kids. Trying to get our third and fourth daughters back home. Despite having additional homes we seldom travel because the wife is a home-body. Only reason we hang on to them is because they appreciate and the kids enjoy them. I drive a Hyundai for which I receive enormous grief from my kids. My wife drives a nice used car. We've passed on country clubs and other accoutrements of the "fast set." I do my own yard word after two heart attacks to the chagrin of my wife and kids.

I tried as hard as possible to imbue my children with the same values my parents passed on to me with variable success. I've resisted nearly every expression of modernism and am considered a curmudgeon by even my contemporaries many of whom, despite enjoying the same upbringing, have defected to the left.

I will die a stranger in a strange land - in fact I am living as a stranger in a strange land. I know what is coming and am terrified for my children and grandchildren.

I don't know why I turned out differently from so many of my contemporaries. Maybe it is my German heritage. Surely my upbringing. I believe the "Enlightenment" was the greatest affront to Christian civilization ever, whose baleful influence is amplified every single day. I am guided by my faith, family and heart for I fervently believe sometimes the heart knows that which the mind cannot.

I avoid any contact or interaction with liberals at all costs. I do not engage in fruitless debates. Sometimes, I cannot resist poking fun however or, at the very least, asking uncomfortable questions. Nearly all seven of my younger siblings have fairly similar outlooks and world views. I try and pray the rosary every night with my extended family.

I've found the younger generations as bovine and self-centered as my own. Obviously, we are all products of our environment but make no mistake, northern European genes do give one a big head start - no guarantees mind you but at least a leg up.

The "silent generation" made some huge mistakes. But my grandparents generation made them too. The radicalization of our civilization began, in my opinion, with the abandonment of the Christian monarchy, Faith and militant Christianity - all of which were exacerbated by the "Enlightenment."

When sovereignty is invested in the "will of the people" the whole ball of wax begins to fall apart.

God bless OUR people, OUR land, OUR ancestors and OUR GOD. And God damn the leftist swine and the principalities of darkness inspiring them.

Blogger Sean Carnegie June 07, 2021 3:39 PM  

Fred wrote:The only solution is total civil war against the Washington pricks.

You mean the Boomers in charge? Gotcha.

Blogger BoomerHater1 June 07, 2021 3:41 PM  

I think the Boomers are the most useless generation in the history of Western Civilization.

Blogger justaguy June 07, 2021 3:47 PM  

Right. Blame the ills of man as society goes the way of Satan on a generation. Who took God out of the public schools? Who took God out of the public square? Who created a matriarchy in society where godly men have little or no power to even raise their own families?

Blame the Boomers... ok. But do more than just wait for them to pass to fix the problems. Those who thought that they could wait out society in the churches found their churches taken over by Karens and departing from the Gospel. VD retreated to a bunker in an already decayed state. ...

The Big Bear lives on an island in desolation. The rest of us fight on.

Blogger Cappuccinobear June 07, 2021 3:47 PM  

Ok boomer

Blogger Eugenius BEar June 07, 2021 3:53 PM  

@24.

Same here....except I think this was their best song...https://www.bitchute.com/video/oNjzfNQSJ2ek/

Blogger papabear June 07, 2021 3:56 PM  

@10 God bless you and yours. Build up your tribe.

Blogger Logos Bear aka vessel June 07, 2021 3:58 PM  

They seem dead already. I used to think the White Album was pretty good. Now, I hear a track from the album and think [1] Billy Shears replaced Paul McCartney, [2] how do I repel back this vomitus rising in my throat, [3] cringe atheism because muh rationalism. I detest it all so.

Blogger Eugenius BEar June 07, 2021 3:58 PM  

Fr Ripperger is the real deal.

Blogger Joeplanet June 07, 2021 4:00 PM  

A Koan study, since boomers love eastern philosophy so much:

What sound does a boomer make when physically abused in their decrepit retirement home?

The correct answer, pupil is “who cares?“

Blogger Joeplanet June 07, 2021 4:02 PM  

And Harley-Davidson

Blogger Phil June 07, 2021 4:03 PM  

Speaking only for myself, I am already thoroughly enjoying watching you youngsters shit the bed when it comes to running things.
Your generations are already at the helm and look what we have.
Antifa, Communism , Gender fluidity, Teaching children how to masturbate in schools, I could go on and on and on.
I
What I don't see is any of you self righteous pricks doing anything about any of it.
Enjoy your stay, it won't be long until the Millenials will be sharpening the knives and coming after you.

Blogger Unknown June 07, 2021 4:04 PM  

The boomers kvetching like kikes in this comment section are all the reasons one needs to advocate for comment sections.
Namely, gauging rhetorical effectiveness.

OK BOOMER

Blogger Joeplanet June 07, 2021 4:04 PM  

You complete retard. You still don’t get it. It doesn’t come down to snowflakes like you or Paul Ryan. It is about generational averages. You’re reading comprehension betrays you. You are too short for this ride. Stop straining yourself.

Blogger Matteo June 07, 2021 4:11 PM  

Is there any reason to think that if the average non-Boomer were placed into the same historical situation that the Boomers were, they would have done any better?

Blogger Eugenius BEar June 07, 2021 4:11 PM  

While we are at it, can we throw Bruce Springsteen and Neil Diamond under the Boomer bus?

Blogger Brother Deke June 07, 2021 4:12 PM  

We have to blame the Boomers for letting Communists, Jews [largely redundant], and Blacks run amok.

The Jews and their pets are just doing what they do, which means they should have been even more rigorously suppressed.

Blogger Eugenius BEar June 07, 2021 4:13 PM  

@61

Phil makes a good case....for not using clean pillowcase between kills.

Blogger Jeff aka Orville June 07, 2021 4:21 PM  

It's boomer squeal time!

History, and the book of Judges is full of lost generation losers like today's boomer. And yes, other gens can and do turn things around, but not the godless, self-absorbed boomers.

May your last sight be Mike Lindell bending over you with a pillow and a smile.

Blogger Noah B. June 07, 2021 4:27 PM  

There must have been a thousand Boomer bands better than the Beatles, but so many of them think the Beatles are the greatest because the media told them so. And that's the whole problem with Boomers in a nutshell - they happily let themselves be led by the nose by the Satanic media and turned their backs on God, family, country, and tradition.

Blogger Br'er Shaygetz June 07, 2021 4:32 PM  

I hate the Beatles.

I was nine when Woodstock happened.

I don't listen to classic rock because of the dark places it takes me.

I spent my first 26 years sucking the marrow out of every bone hedonism had to offer. I truly wish sometimes that one of those bones was a decent pension fund.

I've been navel gazing my sins and the sins of my generation for over thirty years. You know what I found?

Jeremiah 31:29 In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.

30 But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge

When the effluvium hits the fan, and you reee your last curse upon Boomers, I assure you, when you stand before the judgment seat of Christ, you won't be cast into the flames of hell because of me and my g...g... generation.

Blogger Unknown June 07, 2021 4:32 PM  

Evil is the unnatural state of believing in the blank slate be as a god theory and in consequence free sin.

Blogger Situyong June 07, 2021 4:36 PM  

Ok Boomer

Blogger Azimus June 07, 2021 4:40 PM  

30. John W. SmokeJune 07, 2021 3:19 PM
I need a list of industries to short after the day of the pillow.

1. Cruise Lines
2. Medical Supply companies
3. Retirement Village corporations
4. Golf sporting good companies
5. Old Country Buffet
6. Jimmy Buffet


Anything advertised on "MeTV" or "Grit". Some examples:

7. Hurry-cane
8. "Stop using dirty catheters"
9. American Home Shield (appliance insurance)
10. Anything made by Gotham Steel
11. Name your "live-my-life-my-way" pill, particularly stiffy pills and arthritis pills
12. Any non-auto accident commercial with the phrase "you may be entitled to substantial compensation"
13. Walk-in tubs

Blogger Mikesbo June 07, 2021 4:41 PM  

@63, I wouldn't call Paul Ryan, 1970, a snowflake. Evil ME-er bastard, yes. Snowflake, no.

"You’re reading comprehension betrays you."

Tell me how hating and killing your parents/grandparents/whatever will make life better for my children and theirs? I'd love to hear that.

Blogger Unknown June 07, 2021 4:43 PM  

@13 I heard Judas generation who kept holding open the gates for multiple Trojan horses, and funded the production of more. For example, most immigrants to America aren't Mexican, they're Chinese.

Blogger Nils June 07, 2021 4:50 PM  

The self delusion is what I hate them for, the absurd lies they take pride in, and the complete inability to notice any of their failings. They really are evil in a major way which cannot be explained by mortal circumstances. How can someone who inherited so much be so selfish to thing it's all theirs when they are gone? Society, money, family. They are deeply evil.

Blogger Unknown June 07, 2021 4:53 PM  

@25 hedonism is a polite way of saying Satanism, isn't it? They also appeal to consensus reality i.e. everyone was doing it! So it's moral because it's normal! Don't be a square/prude, man! They lacked moral courage.
Look at the culture and it tells you about the religion. India is a shithole.
They refuse to be chaste and over-populate then blame everyone else for their shame.
Plus the drugs. Anyone who thinks hallucinations are truth is insane. Their dopamine circuits are burned out, happens to PUAs too as player burnout. The brain wasn't built for pleasure but suffering and honour and duty, as per Ecclesiastes, Hedonism drives men mad, from Kings being seduced to soldiers (sexual loyalty from oxytocin to out-group). Nihilism and suicide are the fruit of it. How many Boomers have started new families, especially abroad?

I think Boomers will be described as postmodern Canaanites because they're honorary Satanists at minimum. Or perhaps usury enablers and blood traitors. Many ways to slice the cake.

Blogger The Course of Empire June 07, 2021 4:53 PM  

Have to lay some blame on the Silent Gen and 'Greatest' Gen, too, as they helped lay the foundation (and enjoyed many of the benefits) of the post war period. They also raised the Boomers to be, well, the Boomers.

Blogger Noah B. June 07, 2021 4:55 PM  

VD retreated to a bunker in an already decayed state. ...

More Boomer cluelessness, as if we needed another example. If Vox had remained stateside he would have been cancelled long ago.

Blogger Beery Swine June 07, 2021 4:58 PM  

[Redacted] wrote:The Boomers, in half a century, lived as the most wealthy and influential demographic in history and oversaw over a billion children murdered by their mothers while still in the womb. It is all so wearisome. They can't comprehend how horrible they are.

An apt little pic for such a topic:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/567286896276013103/851557625770672128/abortion_explained_by_animu.png

That right there was what really drove the abortion thing home for me, and that was back when I was still an atheist.

Jeroth wrote:You are absolutely correct that the excuses will not matter. But neither will they matter for the previous generations that sat by and allowed the creation of a Federal Reserve, universal suffrage, and the massive Jewish immigration that eventually snow balled into the 1965 immigration act.

That's what I really don't get about the boomer hate; they were raised by the silent and greatest. Nothing happens in a vacuum; you don't get boomers without the brand new mass TV propaganda and Soviet infiltration of the institutions. Sure, boomers are completely demoralized in the Bezmenov sense (cannot recognize evidence as real, etc.), but boomers weren't the ones who were fine with the 1965 immigration crap, boomers didn't remove prayer from schools, boomers didn't consent to WW1 and 2, the Korean, and the Vietnam wars. I'm a millennial raised by boomer Judeo-Christians, and I know where they got it from: their parents, my grandparents.

Boomers didn't just poof into existence ex nihilo, if I have the term right.

Bottom line: you don't get boomers without lax parenting.

As a complete aside, I think the quintessential gen X song is "Institutionalized" by Suicidal Tendencies.

Blogger pyrrhus June 07, 2021 4:58 PM  

I think the Boomers are the most useless generation in the history of Western Civilization.

The Missionary Generation, also a bunch of spoiled brats, also did lots of damage...

Blogger Emmett Fitz-Hume June 07, 2021 4:59 PM  

The Boomer butt-hurt is strong in the comments today. Smells like victory.

Blogger Evangeline June 07, 2021 5:01 PM  

You are stoking Marxism, hate, and ultimately making the world an uglier place (It can always get uglier.) Marxism separates people by race, class, socioeconomics, etc. You are promoting blatant anti-grandparent or parent rhetoric. Why? What's in it for you? What personal situation has created such a seething resentment for people born in the generation before yours? You have painted us all with one, big brush, yet I fit into no typical "Boomer" category. You even hate the Beatles, who, despite your envy, were better on their worst day than anyone on their best day, since.
Do we really need people encouraging hate and ultimately violence today? Is that the contribution you really wish to make? Do you imagine your Boomer-hatred will not transfer into action by some imbecile? You will not print this, because I suspect you will not share what I have written. I do not see my comments calling you out on this in print, so you are in fact very insecure about being challenged.

Blogger Archella June 07, 2021 5:09 PM  

Millenials, sharpening knives? Millenials are going to be digging ditches outside the walls.

Blogger Geoffroi de Bohemonde June 07, 2021 5:11 PM  

You should have married a much younger woman and had kids late. Age difference means nothing.

Blogger Unknown June 07, 2021 5:12 PM  

@29 Marxist vibrants of Gen Z want to euthanize them for white privilege.

@42 controversial but England considers America a nation of white traitors for siding with the Jews (see the Confederate General's Freemason book) over blood kin. Arguably, this caused America to sell its soul for usury and all the degeneracy that ensued, from the Gilded Age of rich jews to the Flapper age of Hollywood jews etc. America has done poorly in cultural terms by abandoning its own roots and starting from scratch in culture. Rome did the same and was punished by Him. If you watch 1920s videos on youtube of old Americans, they sound English. They also sound defeated. That culture died with them.
Bernays and Freud normalized sexual decadence. Freud for adultery and perversion, and Bernays for selling them youth propaganda and kink, into the Boomer era.

@47 spiritual ties are sexual and demonic. Why else would Satanists want virgins and especially children? Pure energy, no ties that bind.

@61 Lad culture was like hippy culture but worse, and continues to this day. That's Gen X.

Blogger Tyrone June 07, 2021 5:13 PM  

I'm with you Boomers. VD was just plagiarizing Isaiah 1. Don't let him get to you.

Blogger Geoffroi de Bohemonde June 07, 2021 5:14 PM  

But Guido Fawkes was Catholic. Can't have that.

Blogger Silex June 07, 2021 5:18 PM  

Actually, it would have been interesting if the Boomers blamed the Jews.

Blogger Barbarossa June 07, 2021 5:20 PM  

@61 I am already thoroughly enjoying watching you youngsters shit the bed when it comes to running things.

What's amusing is that you imagine that this statement sets you above reproach when in reality it condemns you and yours for poor stewardship. If it is indeed true that the Gen X/Y/Z, Millenials, etc. (absurd constructs in my opinion) are "shitting the bed," then what generation(s) was/were it that failed to instruct them properly?

As the old saying goes, if a Boomer hands a chimpanzee a loaded gun, and the chimp shoots a trannie, you don't blame the chimp. Leviticus, I believe.

Blogger Matt June 07, 2021 5:23 PM  

What's remarkable is the Boomer need to petulantly defend the generation. If someone wants to celebrate the Day of the Pillows for the Millennials in a few decades, ok, who cares? We probably will deserve it. A lot of us are terrible. Those are the breaks.

Blogger justin2357 June 07, 2021 5:24 PM  

You sound like the good cop protecting the bad

Blogger IamDevo June 07, 2021 5:42 PM  

The level of acrimony exhibited in this thread is... unsettling. I assume that readers of Our Host's blog are all kindred spirits. It appears that this generational thing is quite the sore spot. Even so with Our Host, who seems to delight in stirring this particular pot to see what floats to the top. For my part, I really don't care to generalize about age cohorts; I can provide both good and bad examples among each and every one.

Blogger E M Johnson June 07, 2021 5:53 PM  

you really should go see the gynocologist if your lady parts are burning that bad... just pathetic bullshit. handle your own shit and quit whining

Blogger tim June 07, 2021 5:57 PM  

as my father said, "if the shoe fits, wear it." selfishness is the issue, here. if you lived for yourself, you will be despised and forgotten. if you give of yourself, you will be loved forever.

Blogger Merchant of Hate June 07, 2021 6:02 PM  

I was born in '61, am I a Boomer?
Highschool dropout,iv drug user,
Alcoholic, pill head, weed smoker, broken every commandment, yep, even those.
Done time in 2 states.
1990 sobered up and got clean.
Contractor for last 25 years,
Raised a daughter, sent to college, my job is done.
I too sign both sides of my paycheck.
My family fought on both sides of the civil war.
I still don't get the whole "Boomer bad" thing,(wether I am one or not,)
The fact remains that no one or no entitity owes anyone anything. Until everyone accepts that fact, envy and resentment will continue to control lesser minds.
One more thing, if I ever suspected my daughter even thought about smothering me with a "pillow", I'd kick her to the curb RFN.

Blogger Sarthurk June 07, 2021 6:02 PM  

In 6 years, I'll be 70. Come talk to me then.
Grasshopper.

Blogger VD June 07, 2021 6:06 PM  

I think what causes some of the reaction of those who may be like me is finding ourselves lumped into the morass of those who did those horrible things, of having the feeling we are going to be thrown out with the bath water 'just because'

You've chosen your side and it's the wrong one. If you're the water in which the fish swim, you're part of the problem.

Blogger Based Boomer June 07, 2021 6:10 PM  

One of the largest mistakes of the "Modern American Family" (Boomers again) was rejecting multi-generation households because of "muh space."
An insidious aside of the "pandemic", was at the beginning, there where many articles about "Latinos," ALL of them, European/Mestizo from the colonies in Mexico, immigrants in places like California, to the Motherland of Italy, that the death rates where higher because families spent so much time with the elders.

Blogger Anne June 07, 2021 6:12 PM  

IIRC, the day of the pillow will be implemented by minimum wage orderlies not under orders by any of the victim's children, but just out of the wickedness of their own heart.

Blogger Bryce June 07, 2021 6:12 PM  

Suffered to raise them? From the deflection in your post, I'd guess the TV raised your kids. Take some damn responsibility for yourself if for nothing else.

Blogger Balam June 07, 2021 6:13 PM  

Matthew 18:7
''Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come!''

That's you Boomer. Why do you think you are somehow not culpable for the murders, the theft and the lies you've committed just because...what? You weren't born poor, is that seriously the hill you wretched boomers die on? The idea that somehow every person born free, not a slave, will turn on and consume their own children? That if you were born with juuuust a bit less money you would be little angels? Common sense would tell you that it is a falsehood on the face of it, it's utterly contemptible that you take your own evil and assume that others indulge in it as eagerly as yourselves. Seriously wtf...''hey man you would have raped those kids too if you were Biden!" can you even hear yourselves? Smh

@Boomer
''Tell me how hating and killing your parents/grandparents/whatever will make life better for my children and theirs? I'd love to hear that.''

That's an easy one. Simply off the top of my head entitlement spending on your kind outstrips military spending which is already astronomically bloated. Secondary you are the vessel meant for destruction so that everyone can see how not to live. Children are already calling each other 'boomers' as an insult, they learn quick. ''hey Timmy's not sharing tell him to stop being such a boomer''. Books have been written on your blightful kind, no one will miss you loser.

Blogger LeMage June 07, 2021 6:14 PM  

Get outta mah haid, Vox!

Blogger UrbanBight June 07, 2021 6:16 PM  

The behavior of the baby boomer generation is the crop of progressivism that was sown at the turn of the twentieth century. Ideas of Government funded healthcare were lauded by the likes of Teddy Roosevelt. Ideas of a national education system have bloomed forth into the shit system we have today. Ideas of polyamorous lifestyles, abortion, transgenderism, and the rest of the Sodomite concepts were sown decades before the Beatles parents gave themselves reach arounds.
We are at the tale end of our current Age of Decadence. We may still be called the United States of America, but the republican ideals of the grand experiment will be only a memory.

Blogger Anne June 07, 2021 6:18 PM  

I could be wrong, but I thought this was a woman speaking.

Blogger Based Boomer June 07, 2021 6:19 PM  

@96
I get where you are coming from, but inversion almost always points to evil. In a nutshell, Boomers failed because they replaced "the elders" with youth. They treated the youth like elders.

Blogger Doc June 07, 2021 6:22 PM  

7. Bootstraps

Blogger Cable Salad June 07, 2021 6:23 PM  

You might be onto something here.

Isn’t the Holy Ghost sent here by God to save some of us from falling for the tricks of this world? It’s usually the wicked and unrepentant sinners, who are absolutely unable to wrap their head around the fact that this is a ruse. When you talk to them it’s as if some force is keeping them from accepting even the simplest argument and see the non-vaccine for what it is. Dialectic, rhetoric, it doesn’t matter. No matter what you do or try, you can’t reach them, not even if you dump Mr. Microsoft himself in front of them and he confesses, they‘d still call you crazy and take the non-vaccine.

Blogger Meng Greenleaf June 07, 2021 6:27 PM  

GenX here, my Boomer father left High School and walked into a well paid job at General Motors. He divorced my mother leaving us to live in a small white trash trailer park.

Three decades and 4 divorces later, he eventually moved to Florida with his final wife, another barren grifter Boomer who needed his medical insurance. Spending time with his kids, let alone his grandkids, wasn't on his to-do list. I hardly saw him and spent most of my time with my grandfather - who pretty much taught me how to work on cars, helped me with my school project, boy scouts, and etc...

It's worth noting that Dr. Seuss was a Greatest Generation and Mr. Rogers was a Silent Generation. So, no, Boomers have no claim on their legacy.

The only, and I mean ONLY thing the Boomers left us with was the Progressive feminist anti-Western diverse society that will in the coming decades lead to the breakup of the USA.

It's worth contrasting American Boomers with Japanese Boomers. Their Asian counterparts are STILL working. Unlike my Boomer father who retired on $5000 a month pension from a BANKRUPT automotive industry at age 47.

Blogger Obrien1984 June 07, 2021 6:29 PM  

So I'm less than 4 months from not being a boomer. Darn it, I was almost somebody. But no, I'm scum. Remind me to remind my stay at home wife and daughters with no debt that I am scum. Somehow my scummy self has never collected a check for doing nothing.
The last god emperor was scum too.

Blogger Jack Amok June 07, 2021 6:36 PM  

BTW, if you're special and not guilty, he's not talking about you.

Which of course is rejected with the same "but what about meeeee" logic that people who've fathered multi-racial children have when it comes to immigration.

If there's a characteristic that you share with a group of people who are a problem, maybe you shouldn't go out of your way to call attention to it by complaining when someone points out the problem.

Blogger Blue and Gold Bear June 07, 2021 6:38 PM  

I am too young for the state of the world to be my fault, and Gen X still has not been handed the reins of power to where they can be considered guilty. We say you fucked up because you did, and you provide an excellent example of what not to do. When your libertine rampage finally dies, we’ll be there to pick up the pieces and build something better and nobler without you. Not all generations were created equal.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 07, 2021 6:42 PM  

Vox, I really get that you hate Boomers, but don't you realize that many of us are just normal go-to-work types who have done nothing to harm you and yours? Why do you have to paint us all with the same wide brush?
Besides, it's all J. Edgar Hoover's fault!

You're going to hell because your heart is so full of hate! I had nothing to do with anything actually done by the bad guys. I'm not a bad guy! Everyone else is the bad guy, not me. You're the bad guy! We're all just perfect!
You don't deserve to listen to the Beatles! You're a bad person and probably the bad guy. I'm so confused by this hatred for me personally! I didn't do nothin!
My kids say the same thing. Well, they're not kids anymore, they're in their 50s, but they're always grasping grasping grasping, trying to get money out of me. I earned it's mine! And my daughter, always wanting to bring their snot-nosed little rugrats over here when I'm at my vacation home! Like my 3rd trophy wife has the time or patience to deal with kids. She actually asked me to help them put together a down payment on a house, and then had the gall to complain when I insisted it had to be secured with a third mortgage. As it turned out, they got a better interest rate from some finance company, so it's not my problem.
They can have my money when I'm dead, unless I've spent it all by then. Which I intend to.
Why do my kids hate me? Why do you all hate me? What did I ever do to you?!?!

Blogger Blue and Gold Bear June 07, 2021 6:42 PM  

You enjoy watching that?

Blogger Brett baker June 07, 2021 6:44 PM  

+1

Blogger Briton June 07, 2021 6:55 PM  

Excellent!

Blogger Emmanuel June 07, 2021 7:02 PM  

@50
"I hesitate to wade into this acrimonious debate."
Why? Because you know you'll lose it harder than Nam?

Blogger Coondawg68 June 07, 2021 7:02 PM  

If it weren't for special pleading and blame shifting, Boomers wouldn't have anything to say.

Blogger SplashDaddy June 07, 2021 7:12 PM  

Boomers have realized that "OK Boomer" is not a term of endearment and that "pillow generation" is not a joke. Now they are defensive. But as is typical of Boomers they cannot see things from another's perspective.

As someone born in 1960 who drank enough Boomer cool aide to know it but thankfully spit it out years ago, I understand both sides.

In the 80's Boomers were flooding the professional and mid-management ranks, and the Boomer "elites" were slipping into senior management. By the 1990's they were dominating professional and mid-management and flooding senior management. By late 1990's to date Boomers have been the power generation throughout corporate America and the various levels of government and academia.

This progression correlates directly with the destruction of the blue and white collar middle class, the degradation of our culture, the complete dereliction to govern competently, an abomination called family law, and churches of lukewarm faith.

My g-g-generation was given the wealthiest and most advanced nation on earth and what have we left?

Blogger MonsoonBear June 07, 2021 7:14 PM  

Matt wrote:What's remarkable is the Boomer need to petulantly defend the generation. If someone wants to celebrate the Day of the Pillows for the Millennials in a few decades, ok, who cares? We probably will deserve it. A lot of us are terrible. Those are the breaks.
Well said. The drooling, grunting, chimpouts that come from Boomers every time our gracious host makes a post like this is always amazing (and amusing). I'm a Millennial and if someone shits on my generation and I don't care - I'm just over here growing stuff.

Blogger Evangeline June 07, 2021 7:20 PM  

No Boomers should read this column again. I'm no masochist, and why should I stick around and read hostile comments and insults from you people. We see in the news a young Amazon driver punched the lights out on a 67 year old woman who said the driver was acting like a bitch because she was, instead of politely explaining why her package was late the driver accused the lady of "white privilege"! She attacked the older lady as the lady turned to leave. So congratulations, writer of this blog. Well...done. You are morally responsible for acts of violence like that when you denigrate an entire segment of the population and encourage HATRED of them. Frankly, you're sick. I want nothing to do with you or your crappy blog again. By the way, you're not nearly as brilliant as you seem to think, and your readers are oddballs and sycophants. Toodles.

Blogger John Regan June 07, 2021 7:20 PM  

I'm a later boomer. Someone is pushing the idea that I should be in a different generation called "Jones". It's be nice to be differentiated from boomers. Never felt any generational kinship with them, if there is any such thing. Looking back on it, it seemed the older boomers went through institutions like a plague of locusts. There was so much wreckage already by the time I got there.

Blogger Beery Swine June 07, 2021 7:20 PM  

Evangeline wrote:You even hate the Beatles, who, despite your envy, were better on their worst day than anyone on their best day, since.

I was gonna respond to the previous and un-quoted part, but then this absolute boomerism hit. Holy shit, the quintessential "ok boomer" moment of all time.

Blogger Based Boomer June 07, 2021 7:22 PM  

@111
I agree. It's a reflection of personal issues. There's a black comedian named Bruce Bruce, who AFAIK, is still very big and fat. He said something like, "if you call me a fat bastard, eh? who cares, I know it, but if you tell me you want to close Popeye's Chicken I will SET THIS PLACE ON FIRE!"

Blogger Slick727 June 07, 2021 7:24 PM  

Gen xer here....
The Beatles were one thing the boomers did right.
But sadly Gen xers didn't pass on good music to the zoomers.
The stuff that zoomers listen to makes Yoko sound great.

Blogger Kevin Pilsner June 07, 2021 7:35 PM  

No one said anything about killing them. We'll leave that task up to the nursing home workers.

Blogger Archella June 07, 2021 7:38 PM  

Boomer Death Clock: https://incendar.com/baby_boomer_deathclock.php
It's moving rather slow. Poso needs to step up his marketing efforts.

Blogger Azimus June 07, 2021 7:59 PM  

96. Merchant of HateJune 07, 2021 6:02 PM
"I was born in '61, am I a Boomer?"...

"The fact remains that no one or no entitity owes anyone anything."


There's your Boomer, right there.

No sh*t Sherlock - you don't "owe" anyone anything. But maybe, just maybe, since generations of humans, going back thousands - or if you like millions - of years, sacrificed themselves to hunger, to disease, to war... heck even to wild animals, scrimping and clawing for each painful civilizational step forward, so that in the end they could place all their hopes in the future being worth the struggle and they produce you, you might get a little perspective about the responsibility you should be taking to do your part and see that the line continues. And its more than just breeding and paying a tuition bill... you could do both those things and be an abject failure in this regard. Or you could do neither of them and be a hero. I don't know which. But if your opening salvo is "I/you/we don't owe anybody anything" then I reply "Ride on, Easy Rider! Wide is the gate and broad is the road you are travelling on."

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 07, 2021 8:00 PM  

Evangeline,
Get the fuck out, and die quickly. No one will care.

Blogger HomeMarketing June 07, 2021 8:01 PM  

Dear Millenial,

You piece of shit! You had the audacity to believe gender is fluid and subjected countless young children to mutilation and drugs before they stopped wetting the bed. You turned solid faith expression into a materialistic idol whose only worth is to serve yourself. You yapped endlessly about how things "should be" in a meme like rant but never bothered to learn the reality or complexity of an issue and never looked to inward at what you were doing. What more could we expect from a generation who could only read or express itself in 60 characters or less. You always blame boomers about marriage but created a "thruple"? You flushed a great economy down the toilet because you were so afraid of the big bad "coof". You demanded you government print money just so you could stay home and gripe about racism since a few wanted to stick it to the Chinese government.

Boomer = Millennial

Blogger Army of the Unborn June 07, 2021 8:01 PM  

The Beatles and Pearl Jam... I’ll never understand how people fell for those

Blogger Meng Greenleaf June 07, 2021 8:13 PM  

The Course of Empire wrote:Have to lay some blame on the Silent Gen and 'Greatest' Gen, too, as they helped lay the foundation (and enjoyed many of the benefits) of the post war period. They also raised the Boomers to be, well, the Boomers.And more so even the Progressives of the late 1800s and early 1910s. Talk about building foundations of sand.

Maybe this is just the course of Empire?

Assuming we reached the peak of Western Civilization in the mid-60s, then it was coincidental in that the Boomers were teenagers (and early 20s). Thus our decline is a correlation with the Boomers - and not an effect of the Boomers? Little pebbles tumbling along the avalanche of human history? Will future civilizations conclude that the mutational load of "Western society" had reached such a state of physical decay that dysgenic collapse was inevitable by the mid-1960s? The Boomers were simply a mutagenic crack in the thinning ice of civilization. Sure, the ice broke while we walked above. But blaming them for the cold hell we're swimming in - that's not fair. Our hell was all but destined?

And yet, it seems to me that the Boomer Japanese are still in the fight - they still want a future that is "Japanese" for their great-grandkids.

But, anyway. Now that the milk is spilt it's time to think about what new civilization there is to build. I'd suggest genetic testing be a part of it ':) Maybe like those Eugenic Awards they used to give out circa 1860s? :D

You know, break the cycle.

Blogger Army of the Unborn June 07, 2021 8:22 PM  

“There are 3 kinds of people in this world”

“There are those that see”

“There are those that see when they are shown”

“There are those that do not see”

Blogger VD June 07, 2021 9:11 PM  

You are morally responsible for acts of violence like that when you denigrate an entire segment of the population and encourage HATRED of them.

First, there is nothing I could do or say to inspire hatred of your generation as much as you opening your stupid Boomer mouth. Second, there is a pillow with your name on it waiting for you.

Blogger rondolf June 07, 2021 9:13 PM  

@HomeMarketing Millennials did not have the authority to make those sexual theories either law or even concepts that could be pushed into law. You boomers were and still are in charge of the institutions that make this possible. And to say the millennials pissed away a great economy is laughable. Young White Americans have had to compete against the rest of the world for jobs since at least the 90's. Of course your typical boomer solipsism makes it impossible for you to see this.

Blogger Philipski June 07, 2021 9:14 PM  

Disagree about the part about the Beatles...

Blogger Star Tipper June 07, 2021 9:18 PM  

I will say that Vox has opened my eyes to many things over the years. I might not have liked what he said but I couldn't argue with his logic. I am in the biggest Boomer cohort though the earlier ones did most of the defining of the generation. I have always hated them. So, I and my son's in-laws (also Boomers) are working to build a real estate holding and homestead for our children and grand children. Other than my family it will be the best work of my life.

Blogger Unknown June 07, 2021 9:19 PM  

Every single boomer comment proves Vox correct.

Let's switch SJW with boomer for a second:

Boomers Always Lie
Boomers Always Double Down
Boomers Always Project

Wow, it fits like a tailor made glove.

Blogger Storm Rhode June 07, 2021 9:20 PM  

Hey! We are not odd balls and sycophants. At least, not all of us. Stick around. Your post made me chuckle Evangeline.

Blogger Nils June 07, 2021 9:26 PM  

"No Boomers should read this column again. I'm no masochist, and why should I stick around and read hostile comments and insults from you people. We see in the news a young Amazon driver punched the lights out on a 67 year old woman who said the driver was acting like a bitch because she was, instead of politely explaining why her package was late the driver accused the lady of "white privilege"! She attacked the older lady as the lady turned to leave. So congratulations, writer of this blog. Well...done. You are morally responsible for acts of violence like that when you denigrate an entire segment of the population and encourage HATRED of them." lol imagine being such a glow/boomer that you think some nog punching your highschool sluthearts light's out after a lifetime supporting the obliteration of your nation and laws, is somehow the fault of a half redskin blogger from Italy, I do not understand what draws these boomers in? is it just that the CIA has some boomer keyboard legion lurking here and they cant contain their inner khornate berserker? Buh Bye! Buh Bye! i love vox's boomer nights.

Blogger Situyong June 07, 2021 9:32 PM  

Ok Boomer

Blogger Ariadne Umbrella June 07, 2021 9:48 PM  

Boomers. There are all sorts of things that are legal that you didn't do: eat meat, get tattoos, ask a question, listen to the answer and then ask a follow up question. I mean, these are all legal. But you act like the Supreme Court held you down and shoved an abortion vacuum up you the minute they made it legal to get an abortion. You didn't have to kill off one out of every three of your children. You really didn't. There wasn't a war. There wasn't a famine. There wasn't a world war. There wasn't even an El Nino event messing up part of the country. There wasn't a plague. There wasn't a respiratory event out of the Far East. There wasn't anything flea born or tick born or mosquito born messing people up. There was just you, behaving like every major disaster in history, just for what? Was it worth it? Did you have a good time? Are you proud of your work?

You contracepted, and then killed off the kids that escaped the first reaping. That photo of a baby clutching the IUD? That's our poster boy, not yours.

I'm not even getting into divorces. Half. HALF of all the children in America have families on par with war-torn countries in Africa. You've got the morals and manners of warlords. Except warlords are doing their thing for big prizes- oil, diamonds, land. What did you gain? An apartment with shag carpet and cable television?

I'm not even leaving the house, to make these critiques. I could talk about jobs, or unions, or borders, or, really anything you touched. But I keep circling back to the people who are not in my life, or their children, who are not in my children's lives, because you couldn't be bothered to think someone else might be just, possibly, the tiniest bit more important than some temporary appetite you had.

You get lit about GenX being next in line for the pillow? You don't think we won't welcome it? After dealing with you for literally our entire lives. One small respite, at the end of our days, and then some sleep after the vigilance we've had to have, dealing with you? Warriors rest, an honorable exit, having manned the barriers for our children, against you barbarians.

Blogger Balam June 07, 2021 9:55 PM  

''You flushed a great economy down the toilet because you were so afraid of the big bad "coof".''

Don't be a liar AND a boomer loser. The lockdowns were Boomer decreed to protect a piddling amount of boomer lives at the cost of the entire economic future of the United States. Did you know that Millennials have never owned more than 5% of the wealth in America compared to Boomers 50%+? Or than all of the job growth in the last 20 years was purely age 60+ being hired? That's how devastating the multiple economic crashes loser boomers caused were for younger people.

In any case you'll be dead in a few years, the problem solves itself.

Blogger James Dixon June 07, 2021 9:57 PM  

Harsh, but completely deserved.

> Better than our parents? Likely.

Not hardly.

> So rather than complain that we are the problem, start working on it yourself.

And how are they supposed to do that with the boomer idiots still running things? You want it fixed? Get the hell out of the way.

> ... is that you will think you won't do the same things, that you're different because you're not a boomer.

No generation before or since has.

> Your generations are already at the helm and look what we have.

No, they're not. You're lying.

> Is there any reason to think that if the average non-Boomer were placed into the same historical situation that the Boomers were, they would have done any better?

There is every reason to think so. No other generation has ever done this poorly.

> Tell me how hating and killing your parents/grandparents/whatever will make life better for my children and theirs? I'd love to hear that.

Ask the accountants running Social Security and the pension plans. They'll be glad to explain it to you.

> Actually, it would have been interesting if the Boomers blamed the Jews.

If they did, they might have a point. But they will never admit they could have been manipulated in such a way.

> For my part, I really don't care to generalize about age cohorts...

Math is hard, especially statistics.

> Toodles.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

> I'm a later boomer.

Welcome to the club.

> Someone is pushing the idea that I should be in a different generation called "Jones".

Reasonable, but it's a lost cause. The boomers have claimed us almost 60 years.

> It's be nice to be differentiated from boomers.

We are different. There's no need to get society to confirm it.

> Never felt any generational kinship with them, if there is any such thing. Looking back on it, it seemed the older boomers went through institutions like a plague of locusts. There was so much wreckage already by the time I got there.

Oh definitely. But as I said, it's a lost cause. As one also claimed by the boomers I welcome the day of the pillow. Those who don't deserve it will be protected by their families.

Blogger Dorvannnn June 07, 2021 10:14 PM  

The frustrating thing for me is seeing all the boomers in Congress managing to win re-election to their seats well into their 70s and above. It's no wonder the younger generations get frustrated when the boomers tenaciously hold on to their power.

I honestly hope Joe Biden is the last boomer to be President.

Blogger Heath Duane Whitaker June 07, 2021 10:36 PM  

Over-the - target

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 07, 2021 10:45 PM  

The ONE thing the parasite cannot stand is the host noticing them.

Blogger Jack Amok June 07, 2021 10:50 PM  

You flushed a great economy down the toilet

Typical Boomer, no clue what a shit-show they'd turned the economy into before COVID came along.

First, there is nothing I could do or say to inspire hatred of your generation as much as you opening your stupid Boomer mouth. Second, there is a pillow with your name on it waiting for you.

Third, who got all soft-headed about the violence joggers do.

Blogger Lee June 07, 2021 10:51 PM  

Back at ya gen x. In spades.

Blogger Tom June 07, 2021 11:05 PM  

@HomeMarketing

What you call the "coof" is more properly called "boomer flu". It disproportionately affected boomers, and you boomers tanked the economy and threw 40 million Americans out of work so you could live a little longer.

Blogger Tom June 07, 2021 11:11 PM  

"Back at ya gen x. In spades."

Between the Boomer Flu Vaxx Jab, The Pillow, and our teaching our GenZyklon children how to operate the woodchippers, I'm sure your ill wishes will fall flat.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash June 07, 2021 11:16 PM  

They were not up to Lady Gaga standards, but the Beatles were every bit as deep, intelligent and musically sophisticated as Adele, though not quite as professional as performers.

Seriously, they were a pop band, who had a run of success with typical teenage angst songs. Paul was the only real musician among them, though George Harrison learned to play guitar after the Beatles broke up.

Seeing the world for what it was, they hired a (((Gay manager))). Then the money, cocaine and prostitutes started flowing to the radio DJs, and the push was on to see just how much money could be extracted. It was the equivalent of trillions today.

George Harrison was once asked what it was like to be a Beatle. He said that he couldn't explain it, because no one on Earth would understand except the Monkees. The experience was the same, but the Monkees tried to assert some independence and integrity, so they were destroyed. The end was the same for both bands though, a drug-fueled descent into degeneracy, acrimony and madness. And lawsuits. So many lawsuits.

Blogger JD June 07, 2021 11:43 PM  

No Operation Paperclip for Boomers. A third of us are short a sibling or two because of abortion and refusal to show mercy.

Don't worry, we aren't expecting an inheritance. Because even if there was something left to leave other than the debts and a pile of RV buses and Harleys, some Boomer will pass an inheritance tax to make sure Gen X doesn't get it anyway.

We know, 'you weren't raised correctly'. My mother and her friends can sing old Sunday School songs from memory because their elders tried to pass on Western Civilization to them. I taught Sunday School for a year and I never learned a word of it from my parents, they were too smart for that stuff.

You didn't ask how anybody else felt about you until you were collecting Social Security, and NOW you're indignant? Goodbye.

Love, Generation X

Blogger Beery Swine June 07, 2021 11:45 PM  

@152 I like a lot of their early rock and roll stuff still. It's fun enough. Saw Her Standing There, Help, Can't Buy Me Love, come on, those are at least *listenable* if nothing else. It's not deep or anything, but it's good if you're in the mood. They're later hippy stuff is hot garbage, tho, in spite of all the shitlibs swooning over it like "oh, they finally got better".

Not even sure why I'm defending the Beatles at all, come to think of it.

Blogger papabear June 07, 2021 11:55 PM  

@137 God bless you and yours.

Blogger scimitar June 08, 2021 12:00 AM  

SAVAGE.....

Blogger Brute_swayne June 08, 2021 12:06 AM  

Accusing Vox of retreating, on his own blog, where he frequently talks about: Arkhaven, Arktoons, Socialgalactic, Infogalactic, UnauthorizedTV, the Junior Classics he is selling, the home library he is selling, and the many books he has written on society, and the others he has written for fun.

Accusing BB of self isolation after he's been kicked off more platforms than literally hitler. While the most common insult leveled against him is being called a cult leader. He has a community named after him with members all over the world, who all see the value in cultivating local communities.

This is just a guy who hopes we'll fix a society that's been collapsing for generations before he passes. But it sure sounds like he's fighting against us.

Blogger Brute_swayne June 08, 2021 12:15 AM  

Like in a swapped at birth sort of deal?
If a millennial or an ancient Roman traded their family for bj's in a Cadillac shouldn't they be ridiculed?

Blogger Merchant of Hate June 08, 2021 12:17 AM  

Where you kids are I once was!
There is nothing new under the sun! Never will be.

Blogger hysteropotmos June 08, 2021 12:29 AM  

My grandparents were too pious and too poor to ever fulfill the stereotype to its fullest, but certain things certainly resonate. They had an rv. They moved closer, very close, to us when I was a kid, but not to be close to us grandkids. My grandfather put his step-mother in a home and moved two states over so my mother could take care of him as he aged. Which she did dutifully.

In my teens, I asked him to teach me his trade, which he excelled at. He told me to read a book about it. They believed that "pounding the pavement" was still how you could get a job.

Every time I visited, I was scolded for not visiting. Then he'd talk about all the cars he'd ever owned, and how little he'd paid for them. He never really got to know us, which is the thing that saddens me most.

Although not rich, they had more than my parents. My grandfather sold their property and most their possessions so they could live in a rental for the rest of his days. His only interest beyond his death was taking care of my grandmother once he was gone. Certainly an admirable goal, but children and grandchildren weren't a concern.

No bingo nights, no vacations, no drinking. No vices of that sort. Very conservative. Loved Trump. Church and a full week of televangelists, on repeat. Completely different pass-times than the stereotype, but all the same methods. It's hard to understand. I don't understand not wanting to build something worth leaving behind to your descendants.

Blogger Valar Addemmis June 08, 2021 12:47 AM  

Merchant of Hate wrote:I still don't get the whole "Boomer bad" thing,(wether I am one or not,)

The fact remains that no one or no entitity owes anyone anything.


Pick a lane.

If nobody owes you anything, you might want to spend less time whining about how they're being mean to your g-g-generation, especially when you're making the time to complain while also questioning whether you're part of the cohort in the first place. They don't owe you any courtesy or individuation, right?

Blogger IreneAthena June 08, 2021 12:57 AM  

Evangeline -- you remind me of myself a few years back. I'm "first generation" on my mom's side, and I took the anti-immigration posts personally. Over the years, I have come to recognize (with a little "gentle persuasion" from the Ilk) that doing away with secure borders is national suicide. Because it took me a while to get to that (and other) realizations, some of the criticism of Boomers here applies to me. Well, I've been taught to pray for a good death, and Asphyxiation-by-Pillow (please God, may it be while I'm asleep) seems like a better death than maybe I deserve.

Here is a story that helps me accept Vox's Boomer threads as an outlet for legitimate rage. I don't know if I heard it from one of the readers here, or from someone else. Once upon a time, a Boomer Mommy and Daddy were planning a trip to Disneyland with their two youngsters, when they were surprised by an unplanned pregnancy. Boomer Ma and Pa held a conference with the kiddos (pre-teens) and put it up to a vote: We can't afford this vacation AND the baby. Which one do you vote for? Can you imagine saddling a child with the life-long guilt from casting a vote against what was explained to him as "just a bunch of cells" in favor of a trip to Disneyland?

Blogger weka June 08, 2021 1:20 AM  

@JD. In NZ, the Gen X is being shoved out of power by the millenials. The late boomers are still hanging on.

Consequently, we have a woke government that has legalised qbortion to birth and legalised euthanasia.

Supported by many conservative boomers. I was born in 1960, and I hate my generation.

Blogger weka June 08, 2021 1:24 AM  

Further point.

I expect that all benefits will fail within this decade in NZ and we are no where as indebted as the USA. There will be no pension or single mothers benefit or unemployment benefit.

And given the current boomers pushing much diversity (my boys could not get into med school because no diversity points: both were well over the threshold for the 60% of places reserved for minorities) we won't have competent medicine either.

I hate my generation.

Blogger Across the World June 08, 2021 1:24 AM  

I prayed that in the end you Boomers could just fade away before this moment. I wanted you gone before the majority of Americans got to this point of openly hating you. But these lockdowns were your final test. They were your one chance to put others above yourselves and so few of you made that choice. Even when you’re old and have virtually no good years left so few could be bothered to think about the future of your countrymen.

Forget about your outsourcing of jobs and self-serving driving up of home prices. The effects of these while devastating aren’t immediately evident while what YOU stood to gain was. While this was inexcusable it pales before the fact that what you did with these lockdowns you overwhelmingly supported was absolutely despicable. You took even the mere trinkets and baubles or modern life away. Senior prom. The last summer after high school with your buddies before you went to college. That 18th birthday when you could finally drive. Turning 21 and getting plastered in a bar or night club legally. Graduations. The first kiss at summer camp. The big championship game. First Communions. Confirmations. You couldn’t even be bothered to let them have memories you got to cherish. Your demonic impulse to cling to your own lusts had to see to it that they got not even these things.

I always though God was cruel for all the peoples He annihilated. I couldn’t understand how wicked people had to be that there could be no more second chances, no more revelation, no more mercy and only total and complete destruction. At last, I understand.

I still wish you died before what will come about does, but God help me, I no longer wish this for your sake but for the sake of your killers.

Blogger Cygnus X June 08, 2021 1:26 AM  

Describes my boomer parents perfectly. They try so hard to make up the last forty years through my children. I hold my tongue and offer grace as best I can, what else I can one do?

Blogger Fatty June 08, 2021 1:44 AM  

Sorry , but age difference does mean quite a bit. I know some girls I went to school with who married older men , they were all a bit on the lower iq side.

Blogger tkatchev June 08, 2021 1:54 AM  

My son (11 years old) was solving a crossword puzzle and had to ask me who this "John Lennon" character was. I tried explaining something about the Beatles, but he just stared at me with a blank incomprehensible gaze, so I gave up and just told him it has to do with the music old people used to listen to.

And this is a smart boy that knows who the Gracchi brothers were and can explain the finer points of Spartacus' campaign's mistakes.

Blogger Fatty June 08, 2021 2:06 AM  

The boomers are just how depraved humans behave when given the comfort and opportunity. If you replaced the actual boomer babies with any other genetically comparable set of humans, I have no doubt you would get the exact same collective behavior across infinite timelines

Exactly, and as far as boomers and the debt bubble , well it's human nature. If the short term consequences of too much debt are removed , any generation would have done the same .

Blogger Cable Salad June 08, 2021 2:12 AM  

Naturally, but what are the odds that category #3 seems to be the overwhelming majority when it comes to the non-vaccine? No matter how much evidence you present them with, even intelligent, rational and otherwise reasonable people will call you crazy, or agree only to still take the faux-vaxx later. These odds don’t seem natural, to me at least.

Blogger mandelay June 08, 2021 2:36 AM  

Vox is a master TROLL, so many of he boomer fish took the bait. Kind of like the old days on this blog.A great read, and a fine meal.Looking forward to the Great Pillowing. For all the whiners, This to shall pass.

Blogger Zeroh Tollrants June 08, 2021 3:57 AM  

Yes, you are one, Merchant. You post like one, so we didn't need your both year tbh.

Blogger Zeroh Tollrants June 08, 2021 4:00 AM  

My Pillow
Reverse Mortgage companies

Blogger JamesB.BKK June 08, 2021 5:05 AM  

@Evangeline #83 C'mon, man! That was sweet . . . parody. Nice touch on the ""transfer into action" bit. Skeery. Topping off with "very insecure" was really going for the soft underbelly. But I read what you stated "in print" so apologies by you are in order. #boomerkarensareirksome

Vox, can you supply some information on your hitcounter following these kinds of posts? Must be spikey.

Blogger Unknown June 08, 2021 5:57 AM  

John W. Smoke wrote:I need a list of industries to short after the day of the pillow.

1. Cruise Lines

2. Medical Supply companies

3. Retirement Village corporations

4. Golf sporting good companies

5. Old Country Buffet

6. Jimmy Buffet


High end RV makers. MLB. Casinos (the companies that contract with the tribes as well, but for some reason young blacks in Detroit also like losing their money). The surviving newspapers. Property management companies for individual/small portfolio owners.

Blogger Pedro the Cat June 08, 2021 7:28 AM  

Excellent reading as I go down the list of comments. The thing that occurs to me, and this isn't certainly limited to just the Boomers, unfortunately of which I am one, is the TOTAL and COMPLETE lack of self awareness. This seems odd as Boomers continually as a rule make everything about themselves.

Blogger wgmeisheid June 08, 2021 7:32 AM  

VD wrote:I think what causes some of the reaction of those who may be like me is finding ourselves lumped into the morass of those who did those horrible things, of having the feeling we are going to be thrown out with the bath water 'just because'

You've chosen your side and it's the wrong one. If you're the water in which the fish swim, you're part of the problem.

What side do you think I and those like me have chosen, because the only side we have chosen is Jesus Christ and him crucified, who died for our sins, a mercy we do not deserve, a mercy none of us deserve for we are all sinners saved by grace.

If challenging those who only see me and those like me generationally is wrong, then in that I am guilty, because I expect everyone to see each person as such, a person, who stands or falls on what they did or didn't do, not just when they were born. That is how God operates; that is how he judges. Saying that is not a denial of reality and the law of averages at work, on average my generation was abysmal at best but if you are going to "pillow me" just because I was born in 1947, you are already in need of forgiveness for that failure.

Those who ascribe to "kill them all and let God sort out the difference" should remember that the difference between killing and murder is the culpability of the one being killed and it is the responsibility of the one killing to know the difference. When Jesus said "Forgive them for they know not what they are doing" he was drawing a line that is crossed by knowing what you are doing and to whom you are doing it. You cannot be judged innocent when you are too to find out if they deserve your act of finality or not.

When Elijah complained to God that he was all alone fighting Jezebel and the followers of Baal, God told him he had kept 10,000 who had not bowed their knee to Baal. God has kept his 10,000 (symbolic number, only he knows the actual number) "boomers" who have not bowed their knee to Baal and it is your responsibility to know who is who and not nonchalantly or indiscriminately kill anyone who falls within your single defining category. If that makes it harder so be it. God demands nothing less from those who claim his name.

Blogger VD June 08, 2021 7:44 AM  

What side do you think I and those like me have chosen, because the only side we have chosen is Jesus Christ and him crucified, who died for our sins, a mercy we do not deserve, a mercy none of us deserve for we are all sinners saved by grace.

You specifically said that you are defending all the wicked Boomers for fear that you'll be lumped in with them. Did you forget your own words?

I think what causes some of the reaction of those who may be like me is finding ourselves lumped into the morass of those who did those horrible things, of having the feeling we are going to be thrown out with the bath water 'just because'

You're no different than the Muslims who fight to prevent their host countries doing anything about terrorism for fear that they'll be caught up in the net, or the law-abiding blacks who seek to defund the police because they're afraid their criminal family members will end up shot or in prison?

What does your fear-based defense of wickedness have to do with Jesus Christ?

Blogger Glen Sprigg June 08, 2021 8:08 AM  

wgmeisheid wrote:VD wrote:I think what causes some of the reaction of those who may be like me is finding ourselves lumped into the morass of those who did those horrible things, of having the feeling we are going to be thrown out with the bath water 'just because'

You've chosen your side and it's the wrong one. If you're the water in which the fish swim, you're part of the problem.


What side do you think I and those like me have chosen, because the only side we have chosen is Jesus Christ and him crucified, who died for our sins, a mercy we do not deserve, a mercy none of us deserve for we are all sinners saved by grace.

If challenging those who only see me and those like me generationally is wrong, then in that I am guilty, because I expect everyone to see each person as such, a person, who stands or falls on what they did or didn't do, not just when they were born. That is how God operates; that is how he judges. Saying that is not a denial of reality and the law of averages at work, on average my generation was abysmal at best but if you are going to "pillow me" just because I was born in 1947, you are already in need of forgiveness for that failure.

Those who ascribe to "kill them all and let God sort out the difference" should remember that the difference between killing and murder is the culpability of the one being killed and it is the responsibility of the one killing to know the difference. When Jesus said "Forgive them for they know not what they are doing" he was drawing a line that is crossed by knowing what you are doing and to whom you are doing it. You cannot be judged innocent when you are too to find out if they deserve your act of finality or not.

When Elijah complained to God that he was all alone fighting Jezebel and the followers of Baal, God told him he had kept 10,000 who had not bowed their knee to Baal. God has kept his 10,000 (symbolic number, only he knows the actual number) "boomers" who have not bowed their knee to Baal and it is your responsibility to know who is who and not nonchalantly or indiscriminately kill anyone who falls within your single defining category. If that makes it harder so be it. God demands nothing less from those who claim his name.

When God identifies those 10,000 faithful Boomers, we'll be sure to cordon them off and post warning signs to leave them alone. As for culpability...Boomers own it, lock, stock and barrel. Your generation willingly dove headlong into sin and depravity, and took an entire culture with you. When it comes to be your time, just remember: As your generation's empty-headed mass-media consumption constantly reminded you, "You deserve it!"

Blogger OneWingedShark June 08, 2021 8:49 AM  

Nils wrote:lol imagine being such a glow/boomer that you think some nog punching your highschool sluthearts light's out after a lifetime supporting the obliteration of your nation and laws, is somehow the fault of a half redskin blogger from Italy, I do not understand what draws these boomers in? is it just that the CIA has some boomer keyboard legion lurking here and they cant contain their inner khornate berserker? Buh Bye! Buh Bye! i love vox's boomer nights.
Honestly I would have thought Slaanesh: Their obsession with viagra, after all.

Balam wrote:''You flushed a great economy down the toilet because you were so afraid of the big bad "coof".''
Don't be a liar AND a boomer loser. The lockdowns were Boomer decreed to protect a piddling amount of boomer lives at the cost of the entire economic future of the United States. Did you know that Millennials have never owned more than 5% of the wealth in America compared to Boomers 50%+? Or than all of the job growth in the last 20 years was purely age 60+ being hired? That's how devastating the multiple economic crashes loser boomers caused were for younger people.
In any case you'll be dead in a few years, the problem solves itself.

This needs to be said again, and again, until people realize just how tirelessly the Cabal of Boomers (known as Congress) has worked to deny Millennials anything: 9/11, 2008, 2020… all three of these have worked to destroy the Millennials any time they were just getting on their feet.

Blogger MarkyMark June 08, 2021 9:05 AM  

Who passed the Federal Reserve Act? Not boomers. Who passed Hart-Cellar? Not boomers. Who passed LBJ's Great Socoeity? Not boomers. Previous generations laid the groundwork and built the foundation for our destruction; boomers had nothing to do with any of that.

Blogger rumpole5 June 08, 2021 9:06 AM  

Re: "This progression [Boomers taking power] correlates directly with the destruction of the blue and white collar middle class, the degradation of our culture, the complete dereliction to govern competently, an abomination called family law, and churches of lukewarm faith."

You are wrong. All of the items you list were in serious decline well before the 80s. The 1970s were a particular disaster. However, VD's indictment of the Boomers for not doing more to stop the decline is valid, and many, many Boomers are indeed prime examples of secular materialism run amuck. My problem with the Boomer focus is that it is essential to understand the full multi generational context; not to excuse the Boomers or any other generation, but to understand the degradation process itself and to put an end to it for FUTURE generations.

Blogger wgmeisheid June 08, 2021 9:26 AM  

VD wrote:What side do you think I and those like me have chosen, because the only side we have chosen is Jesus Christ and him crucified, who died for our sins, a mercy we do not deserve, a mercy none of us deserve for we are all sinners saved by grace.

You specifically said that you are defending all the wicked Boomers for fear that you'll be lumped in with them. Did you forget your own words?


If you got that from what I said, then I didn't say it very well. I was never defending all the wicked Boomers for fear that you'll be lumped in with them. I thought I was only defending those who should not be lumped in with them. Period.

I think what causes some of the reaction of those who may be like me is finding ourselves lumped into the morass of those who did those horrible things, of having the feeling we are going to be thrown out with the bath water 'just because'

You're no different than the Muslims who fight to prevent their host countries doing anything about terrorism for fear that they'll be caught up in the net, or the law-abiding blacks who seek to defund the police because they're afraid their criminal family members will end up shot or in prison?

What does your fear-based defense of wickedness have to do with Jesus Christ?


That is just wrong. I in no way defended wickedness. Also, I have no fear of being caught up in the net or protecting the guilty. They deserve what they get. Let’s make this simple. My generation was largely a wicked failure, but many, many of us have been fighting the best fight we could against what they succumbed to for most of our lives. We were kicked out of churches, denied seminary, lost work, and a myriad of other degradations. Why? Because we have given our lives, our substance, our efforts to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We have done the best we could as sinners saved by grace. What we do have we have by the grace of God. You don’t believe that is true. Search my name and see who I am. I have nothing to hide. I have written enough to expose anything you want to know about me.

But this thing is also true and bears repeating. No one knows who will or will not be saved. I have seen the worst boomer reprobate turned around by Jesus Christ and made into a new person. You, by your posting here, have done similar things for some who read this blog. So, before anyone puts someone down because they are the member of a generation, make sure they deserve it, because many do not and you will pay a very high price for not knowing or caring about the difference.

There is a difference between justice and vengeance. The first belongs to us to administer. The second belongs to God alone and he is jealous of his vengeance. Justice requires knowledge of the truth of the situation and that is what I am arguing for. Nothing more, but nothing less.

In the end, my life, what is left of it, is in God’s hands, not anyone else’s, no matter what they think. If he plans on using me to make a point, so be it, but just don’t deny that you were warned about the difference between justice and vengeance when you stand before the judgement seat of Christ, as we all will, when everything will be exposed.

Blogger Charlie June 08, 2021 9:48 AM  

Accusing the boomers of blaming others, while constantly blaming boomers for the world's ills.

Hmmmm....

Blogger VFM Bear June 08, 2021 9:56 AM  

'No Boomers should read this column again'

Judging from the comments made by boomers in boomer threads, they never read it to begin with.

Get back on the short bus you all came in on, and git. Just git.

Blogger VD June 08, 2021 9:58 AM  

So, before anyone puts someone down because they are the member of a generation, make sure they deserve it, because many do not and you will pay a very high price for not knowing or caring about the difference.

You are absolutely defending the wicked. You jumped into this discussion to publicly demonstrate your piety, lecture everyone, and stop the members of the younger generations from criticizing the Boomer generation or simply expressing their own opinions about its actions and their consequences. Not a single individual was put down or even named. Yet you tried to make this about you. How very... Boomer of you.

And then you issue pious warnings of how God won't like it if Boomers are criticized?

I seem to recall He isn't too fond of Pharisees, Boomer.

Blogger Unknown June 08, 2021 10:05 AM  

It was Vietnam, and the large number that avoided it.

Blogger Unknown June 08, 2021 10:34 AM  

"Snidely Whiplash wrote:
BTW, if you're special and not guilty, he's not talking about you."

"wgmeisheid: While that is true and he isn't talking about those like me since we don't fit the standard boomer profile and condemnation"

End. Fin. That's all you needed to write.

Rhetorical "all Boomers" does not generally mean every last person born in the timeframe, it is a generalization, aimed at the wicked. A number of good people here born in the timeframe, not the target. On the other hand, if you would like, if you exhibit the characteristic of defending yourself from people you state are not targeting you, like a dumbass Boomer, you begin to make yourself an honorary one and you get flack.

In other terms, if two people are in a gunfight, and you walk up and start shooting "defensive cover fire" at one side, while yelling "I'm not with the other guys, how does that look? What do you think happens?

Blogger rcocean June 08, 2021 10:41 AM  

Yes, to misquote the Louie Armstrong song: "we'll be glad when you're dead you Boomer you" We'll FINALLY stop talking about JFK, Vietnam, Selma, the Rolling Stones, Beatles, the rolling stones, and Woodstock. The Boomer's death grip on the Culture will finally end.

One problem with Boomer's culture is they failed to do what other Generations did and put away childish thing and act like adults. Instead they're "rockin'" in their 70s, reading trash, and watching Robert Redford movies. Grandpa used to uphold standards and support Classical Music, classical literature, and great art. Not the boomers.

Blogger wgmeisheid June 08, 2021 10:41 AM  

VD wrote:So, before anyone puts someone down because they are the member of a generation, make sure they deserve it, because many do not and you will pay a very high price for not knowing or caring about the difference.

You are absolutely defending the wicked. You jumped into this discussion to publicly demonstrate your piety, lecture everyone, and stop the members of the younger generations from criticizing the Boomer generation or simply expressing their own opinions about its actions and their consequences. Not a single individual was put down or even named. Yet you tried to make this about you. How very... Boomer of you.

And then you issue pious warnings of how God won't like it if Boomers are criticized?

I seem to recall He isn't too fond of Pharisees, Boomer.

You need to reread what I said and what you said, because in no way did I ever say anything even close to "pious warnings of how God won't like it if Boomers are criticized" or most of your other conclusions. Exactly the opposite. If anything the only warning I gave was criticizing and destroying the innocent and seeking vengeance when that belongs to God alone.

I don't retract a single thing I said. I believe in this case you are wrong, a rarity for sure, but I believe true here. Yes, Jesus wasn't fond of the Pharisees because they couldn't see the truth right in front of them and held onto their error despite being confronted with it. We are all guilty of that at times. That is not the case here. If you seek vengeance you are wrong. You are presuming God’s prerogative. Period. Seek justice, judge and execute the guilty but separate them from the innocent. It is what justice is and what God demands of his people. Nothing less.

Blogger ghostsniper June 08, 2021 11:11 AM  

I was born in the wrong generation and always knew this, and my dad said I was a dinosaur.

Blogger mgh June 08, 2021 11:14 AM  

How does a thought leader start a movement to shift western society away from short term gratification, and towards long term survival of the culture? Which necessarily will lead to obedience to Christ? How to get those of us who believe we aren't one of the baddies to actually put our necks out and do something instead of staying in our own isolated world out of fear of the cost?

Blogger Glen Sprigg June 08, 2021 11:20 AM  

MarkyMark wrote:Who passed the Federal Reserve Act? Not boomers. Who passed Hart-Cellar? Not boomers. Who passed LBJ's Great Socoeity? Not boomers. Previous generations laid the groundwork and built the foundation for our destruction; boomers had nothing to do with any of that.
Who rescinded any of them as their destructive influence ruined western society? Not boomers.

Blogger ruralcounsel June 08, 2021 11:48 AM  

More fucking nonsense from people too bitter to take responsibility for their own situation, and wanting to lay blame on other generations, younger, older regardless.

What was it that gave you such grandiose expectations for an effortless life? This whole thread is a stinking pile of over-generalization and hypocritical horseshit.

Blogger OneWingedShark June 08, 2021 11:48 AM  

Millennials, on the continued grasping at power the Boomers continually display, are summed up in one quote:
For what terrible sins of the past must we bear the torments of the present and the dark shadow of the future?
Games Workshop, Warhammer 40,000 Core Rule Book

The Boomer, of course, will blame the Millennials for the economic troubles of the 2020 Shutdowns, they will blame them for not having the 'motivation' and 'work ethic' to get jobs… and any complaint about employers abusing the desperation of those millions who lost jobs because of the Shutdowns will be dismissed with "if you hadn't gotten a degree in Underwater Gender Dance Studies, and instead gotten a useful degree you wouldn't have this problem" completely unaware that the person they're talking to has a degree in Computer Science or Engineering.

The Boomer cares not that they are selling the futures of their children or grandchildren, only that they can squeeze their time, energy, and money into a new RV so that they can retreat away from the consequence of the policies they tirelessly worked to implement — Because "fuck you, I got mine!".

Blogger VD June 08, 2021 11:57 AM  

If anything the only warning I gave was criticizing and destroying the innocent and seeking vengeance when that belongs to God alone.

Which no one was doing. We criticize an evil GROUP - a group whose actions you even admit are evil - and you start crying about what a wonderful Christian you are and how God is going to punish those who criticize and destroy the innocent... like you.

You are clearly too much of a Boomer to even see how your own words condemn you. You sound exactly like CAIR defending terrorists.

"Well, we're just worried that these anti-terrorism laws might affect innocent Muslims!"

Who do you think you are fooling besides yourself?

I don't retract a single thing I said.

I'm sure you don't. You Boomers will never repent and will never understand why even generations yet born will despise your memory.

Blogger wgmeisheid June 08, 2021 11:58 AM  

Wisdom is where you find it. One of the more important books I have ever read is "The Psychology of Intelligence Analysis" by Richards J Heuer. He created it as an introductory course for intelligence analysts at the CIA. It taught me a lot about my thought and perception process, how I process and discriminate information, and what effect my biases have on the whole enchilada. I offer it as a suggestion to those so inclined. https://www.cia.gov/static/9a5f1162fd0932c29bfed1c030edf4ae/Pyschology-of-Intelligence-Analysis.pdf

Blogger Elmer T. Jones June 08, 2021 12:15 PM  

Not to enrage you young fellas but much of the angst I am hearing in the comments may be correlated to the alarming drop in men's testosterone levels since the 1960s. You should consider my previous advice to reduce sugar and start wearing suspenders.

Blogger Tom June 08, 2021 12:19 PM  

It's notable that whenever I read a post in this thread that was clearly written by a Boomer, one of three songs pops into my head - "We Didn't Start the Fire," "My Generation," or "Let's Live for Today"

Each song title concisely describes a facet of Boomer philosophy, each song's lyrics accurately expounds upon what is so evil about said facet of Boomer philosophy, so each song serves as a teaching and identification aid.

Blogger Akulkis June 08, 2021 12:26 PM  

That's not The Beatles, that's The Monkees.

1 – 200 of 244 Newer› Newest»

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts