ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2020 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Monday, June 14, 2021

The Boomers respond

It seems a few Boomers are beginning to chafe at my lack of respect for their g-g-generation. There is no need to address them all at once, but here is one from the blog:

Go pretend that your comic books are important.

I've explained, at length and repeatedly, why I, a confirmed elite book snob, who collects old leather-bound books and reads for pleasure in four languages, have been assiduously laboring in the low-status literary ghetto of fumetti, otherwise known as comic books. To no avail, apparently.

So, let me put this the only language a Boomer understands.

Arktoons is on track to pass, in terms of quality, marketability, and traffic, a competing site in about one year. That site just sold for $150 million.

Labels: ,

148 Comments:

Blogger Ivan Throne June 14, 2021 6:06 PM  

They will spit unregulated narcissism through their last mouthful of feathers.

I am fine with that.

Blogger Rattlesnake_Kid June 14, 2021 6:07 PM  

Shocking News- Boomer can't fathom planting trees for anyone but himself.

Blogger rekrapt June 14, 2021 6:11 PM  

Clearly Boomers are going to try and destroy the entire world before they all die. I have no doubt that they believe if they can't exploit it anymore because they couldn't figure out a way to be immortal, then no one should be able to.

Blogger AlmostAmishBear June 14, 2021 6:11 PM  

hahahahahahahahahahahaha "The only language a boomer understand" Priceless!

Blogger carnaby June 14, 2021 6:12 PM  

Also to remind our dear commenter: People try to put us d-down... just because we get around.

So now he's putting us down, just because we get around. How quaint.

Blogger rumpole5 June 14, 2021 6:17 PM  

More ad hominem (and snobbish) tripe. Ignore it.

Blogger US-Arsenal Fan June 14, 2021 6:17 PM  

...but but Hollywood is much more important than the gaming industry, isn't it? I mean nerds in their basements can't really be a market, can it? Are you telling me that the adults who grew up with green and amber screened mono-colored monitors are now still playing and now on high end PCs? What about my hot-rods and auctions of classic cars and Harley's? Why don't you value what I value?

Blogger Teleport me off this rock June 14, 2021 6:18 PM  

I don't give a shit about comic books either, but not being a Boomer, I understand the universe doesn't revolve around my personal likes and dislikes, and that in a cultural war everywhere is the front. The only "fight" the Boomer understands is a toy-tossing temper tantrum when they don't get "what they deserve".

Blogger Sicilian switchblade June 14, 2021 6:19 PM  

$150 million.

That's a lot of Buicks, Winnebagos, and Harleys right there son.

Blogger TMLutas June 14, 2021 6:20 PM  

But don't you understand? Without elite approval, it's all just filthy lucre and doesn't count.

/sarc

Blogger VD June 14, 2021 6:20 PM  

More ad hominem (and snobbish) tripe. Ignore it.

Yeah. That'll happen....

Blogger Nate73 June 14, 2021 6:30 PM  

Which is more futile, arguing with a boomer or arguing with a feminist? We may never know...

Blogger Mauldication Bear June 14, 2021 6:31 PM  

Think of how many years a boomer could not see his grandkids with that kind of money.

Blogger Glaivester June 14, 2021 6:37 PM  

The thing about comic books, it seems to me, is that they are a low-barrier entry point into pop culture.

Once you establish your characters and your world, and your fanbase, now you have what you need to expand into other fronts.

Blogger Canadian Warlord June 14, 2021 6:40 PM  

The Boomers are just mad because they can't go on their annual migration to Alaska. A border guard strike looms, which some may see as poetic justice - "me me me" union negotiations impacting "them them them." The Alaska Highway without Winnebagos and Harleys, just industry traffic. What a sight that must be.

Blogger Jeff June 14, 2021 6:40 PM  

Ya... I had a tattoo parlor that I sold for a million and then I BOOMED it. Now there is enough for everybody and I'm sharing. Many have done well by me, including my church. And don't think of yourself as a snob. no...no...no... you sir are a prick and a damn good one. Love ya buddy.

Blogger Z MAlfoy June 14, 2021 6:41 PM  

I'm not a big comics fan (I have only a few that I follow), but I do appreciate their role in culture, both currently and historically. Comics are the modern incarnation of the oldest art form, from ochre and charcoal sketches on walls of Chauvet, through the painted walls and columns of Heliopolis, the mosaics of Rome, the stained glass of the Gothic Cathedrals, the wood block prints of the Japanese masters, to the manga and comics of today. Different incarnations, but all have the same impetus: pictures tell stories, and stories inform hearts and minds.

Stories, whether drawn or written, are an important well-spring of culture. Creating an alternate platform for drawn stories in addition to the existing Castalia platform for written stories means that Vox and supporters have concretely done more to fight for our people and our Ways than any Flag waving, Constitution-thumping Boomer.

Blogger Rottweiler June 14, 2021 6:46 PM  

They'll find a way to blame their children for it.

Blogger Rottweiler June 14, 2021 6:48 PM  

I agree, they were banking on technology allowing them to "Borg" themselves. Without transhumanism coming through for them, they'll just burn everything out of spite. Boomers truly will be a generation of cocaine snorting locusts.

Blogger Crush Limbraw June 14, 2021 6:50 PM  

Comics are part of culture and culture forms our politics - a concept which few understand or accept - because it's more entertaining to have pissing contests about D and R.
As long as Antonio Gramsci is an unknown figure, the Pissing Contest goes on....and on....and on.
Who he? Shut up and read! And maybe even do some research - I'm getting tired of spoon feeding.

Blogger Rottweiler June 14, 2021 6:50 PM  

The only adults besides millennial women, that I've seen throw temper tantrums have been boomers, of both genders.

Blogger Iskander Magnus June 14, 2021 6:51 PM  

Using comic books to subvert the cultural assault by intersectionality, wokeism, and Tikkun Olam is an approach of real genius. I never would have thought of it. There must be much gnashing of teeth from the self anointed guardians of culture. Their howling is sweet,

Blogger Kordl June 14, 2021 6:53 PM  

Cope harder boomers

Blogger Lazarus June 14, 2021 7:06 PM  

Boom-flouncing

Blogger Wheels June 14, 2021 7:10 PM  

VD wrote:More ad hominem (and snobbish) tripe. Ignore it.

Yeah. That'll happen....


I guess ignoring it did not happen or this post would not exist.

Blogger 7916 June 14, 2021 7:12 PM  

Half of battling the inner gamma is simply to keep your mouth shut or not comment.

That's one thing most boomers and gammas just can't do.

Note that recovering gammas, and recovering boomers if there is such a thing, aren't commenting defensively. If they do comment you can judge the quality of their post by the presence, or lack of, "I".

Blogger Unknownsailor June 14, 2021 7:18 PM  

"Go pretend that your comic books are important."

Comic books are an entry point for rebuilding our culture, Boomer. You know, that thing your g-g-generation took a fucking flamethrower to.

Blogger KingKrawFish June 14, 2021 7:18 PM  

Vox, just admit that you’re jealous of that vaunted Boomer Grit!!!

Blogger Frozen Territory June 14, 2021 7:18 PM  

I've heard people complain that the boarder guard can just turn you away, no reason needed. It's almost like Canada is a sovereign country or something. Now if only America would do the same.

Blogger bw June 14, 2021 7:19 PM  

Truth

Beauty

Blogger Daniele Grech Pereira June 14, 2021 7:20 PM  

This past weekend I saw a car with a comical license plate in the window saying, "He who dies with the most toys, wins!". I thought it was only a joke.

Blogger Macs June 14, 2021 7:21 PM  

The elite Boomers are going to outlive most of GenX, for sure. I was dragging my beat ass out of the work van to buy more paint the other day and stopped to marvel at some Boomer's perfectly restored 1950s convertible in cream and teal. Dude comes out and hops over the side like a teenager. After chatting I was amazed to learn he's 70 (selling the car, he's had it 40 years). When I finally fall off the ladder he will be basking in Bali sun and poon on the earnings from that beauty!

Blogger theartistformerlyknownasgeorge June 14, 2021 7:22 PM  

Glaivester wrote:The thing about comic books, it seems to me, is that they are a low-barrier entry point into pop culture.

Once you establish your characters and your world, and your fanbase, now you have what you need to expand into other fronts.


Well done art is justified simply by being that.

Blogger flyingtiger June 14, 2021 7:23 PM  

This must be a troll. Boomers know comic books are very important. That is why they made sure the comics were top quality in the Silver Age. Stan Lee did not write for idiots. We made sure of that! The reminds me of a story....

Blogger Rottweiler June 14, 2021 7:23 PM  

I'm a big fan of Berserk, but that's more of a manga, or graphic novel. So I'm more than willing to give arktoons some attention.

Blogger Kraemer June 14, 2021 7:25 PM  

To put $150 million into context for math-impaired Boomers, that's 50 Florida condos, each with a fully restored Buick in the garage.

Blogger Newscaper312 June 14, 2021 7:25 PM  

@Rottweiler

Well black women, excuse me, fierce African Queens, will throw temper tantrums at almost any age.

Blogger cheddarman June 14, 2021 7:27 PM  

Boomer, didn't your parents teach you not to play with fire or an award winning cruelty artist?

Blogger Unknown June 14, 2021 7:27 PM  

s-s-s-shekels - we need deflation so the Boomers return the nutrients to the soil

@21 A Boomer man throwing a tantrum is a mantrum.

Blogger MarioM June 14, 2021 7:34 PM  

I just simply skip any comic book articles. It's that simple, I have no interest in them whatsoever but why that would bother anyone I am not sure.

Blogger RedJack June 14, 2021 7:35 PM  

Do a reverse Gransci.

We are in a March of a 100 years.

Plant accordingly

Blogger Sicilian switchblade June 14, 2021 7:37 PM  

Man, the boomer butt-hurt on these threads makes them worth more than box seat tickets for a Paul McCartney show.

I couldn't give a crap about comics, but millions of others do. The same retarded jackasses who think comics don't matter still think their mediocre-on-it's-best-day music was the finest thing since the moon landing (which probably never happened.)

I log into Vox Popoli, see a boomer thread and my heart smiles.
Hell, if we're going to have see them keyboard shriek like bay-bays, might as well get a good laugh out of it. Some of these finger wag walls of text about how they know "plenty of boomers who don't do ______!" are just comedy gold.

Blogger Mister Bill June 14, 2021 7:40 PM  

“We could make tons of money”

There, Boomer, you happy now?

“Yeah, okay, whatever, tell me when the check clears” -Never-Satisfied-Boomer

Blogger JG June 14, 2021 7:44 PM  

There are at least a dozen good movie scripts just waiting to be written from these comics.

DC/Marvel first, the Hellmouth next.

Blogger Scientific Manager June 14, 2021 7:47 PM  

My ss-s-s-s-s-s-suffocation...

Blogger pyrrhus June 14, 2021 7:48 PM  

Of course, the Boomer doesn't believe in your site, he didn't see it on TeeVee...

Blogger pyrrhus June 14, 2021 7:49 PM  

The only adults besides millennial women, that I've seen throw temper tantrums have been boomers, of both genders.

Come to think of it...you're absolutely right!

Blogger Charlie June 14, 2021 7:53 PM  

Well, for me, your lack of respect for boomers is not an issue.
The outright hatred and death wishes bothers me. And the jumping on the hatred bandwagon by so many just really sickens and baffles me.
Kinda leads me to question if it is worth it to follow for the posts that actually mean something. I mean if there is such a deep seated hatred of an entire age group, hatred, not dislike, not exasperation, but raw, cold hatred, how can that not taint how you look at someone?

Blogger Storm Rhode June 14, 2021 7:58 PM  

Comic books and video games are how you can reach the youth. Deux Ex was brilliant and Bioware screwed the pooch when they sold out.

Blogger xevious2030 June 14, 2021 8:00 PM  

Diaper Baby Boomers trashing comic books. Yep.

Blogger Kevin Pilsner June 14, 2021 8:02 PM  

Can someone break down that figure into the number of drinks included cruise tickets?

Blogger IAMSpartacus0000 June 14, 2021 8:11 PM  

Anime/Manga is out competing US comic book companies. https://comicbook.com/anime/news/anime-executives-manga-taking-over-us-comic-sales-anime-expo/

Even to the point they are looking to Manga companies to do things like "Superman".

And the Japanese are actually keeping to the canon better than the US companies.

My children watch Anime more than the US CARTOONS and i encourage it because they dont have all the gay sh!t you g-g-generation brought in.

Boomers gonna boom.
To the actual good people of the boomer generation. You got screwed over by your cohort. Sucks to suck.

Your best bet now is to learn what you should have done and teach it to the Gen-Zs.

Blogger FacelessBro June 14, 2021 8:11 PM  

Can't expect boomers to understand what you're doing with the whole comics thing. If they could, we wouldn't be in this position in the first place. They'll still assume it's all about money.

Blogger M In The 517 June 14, 2021 8:12 PM  

Antonio Gramsci is currently felching Alistair Crowley in hell.

Blogger IAMSpartacus0000 June 14, 2021 8:13 PM  

Honestly the stuff Russia and China are producing for cinema are actually better at maintaining western values than the crap coming out of Hollywood.

Blogger Brett baker June 14, 2021 8:15 PM  

The Boomer responses are why some of us had such high hopes for WuFlu.

Blogger Wayne June 14, 2021 8:18 PM  

Sounds like a boomer was at a loss for a rhetorical comeback and ended the conversation with a mild form of "go f*ck youself". Which is the end of every conversation that one is losing.

Blogger OneWingedShark June 14, 2021 8:24 PM  

Ivan Throne wrote:They will spit unregulated narcissism through their last mouthful of feathers.
I am fine with that.

Mike Lindell should make a Boomer Remover™ model of pillow…
There could be things like the ads detailing features like the "improved airflow" of the shredded memory-foam; this could be spun as both/either "because you care" or "to prolong their suffering".

Rattlesnake_Kid wrote:Shocking News- Boomer can't fathom planting trees for anyone but himself.
The Boomer will mock your planting of trees until he criticizes you for not having planted them for him.

rekrapt wrote:Clearly Boomers are going to try and destroy the entire world before they all die. I have no doubt that they believe if they can't exploit it anymore because they couldn't figure out a way to be immortal, then no one should be able to.
That reminds me of a book I want to write.
Just imagine a world inhabited by immortal Boomers.

AlmostAmishBear wrote:hahahahahahahahahahahaha "The only language a boomer understand" Priceless!
It really is.
You can't communicate with them on any level how screwed up things like dating, being financially-responsible, or having a place to belong (community & nation) because they simply cannot understand it; "career" almost falls into that category but can almost be understood by boomers because "wages=money" and "money=stuff".

Z MAlfoy wrote:Stories, whether drawn or written, are an important well-spring of culture.
Which is precisely why they're under attack/being subverted.

Rottweiler wrote:I agree, they were banking on technology allowing them to "Borg" themselves. Without transhumanism coming through for them, they'll just burn everything out of spite. Boomers truly will be a generation of cocaine snorting locusts.
The philosophy of Mao runs through their veins: they hate the sparrows.

Rottweiler wrote:The only adults besides millennial women, that I've seen throw temper tantrums have been boomers, of both genders.
Interesting.
Is it because all three groups are generally unfamiliar with being told 'no'?

Blogger Peter June 14, 2021 8:26 PM  

A child who reads comic books is an adult who reads books.

Blogger LurkNoMore June 14, 2021 8:27 PM  

That site just sold for $150 million.

That is a big sensation, boomer.

Blogger Br'er Shaygetz June 14, 2021 8:30 PM  

^^^This...

Blogger Scott June 14, 2021 8:38 PM  

> That site just sold for $150 million

Whup. Approaching ticket-taker level valuation.

Blogger tdcommenter June 14, 2021 8:47 PM  

Make comics, because it is an alternate to the concentrated evil and retardation that is Steven Universe:
https://youtu.be/wlzl0gUdb3I

Blogger vinifera June 14, 2021 8:50 PM  

I would bet that boomer has set up his trust for when he does hit his pillow, in a discriminate way so that he screws over multiple people he knows he should leave the m m money. Instead he will leave the m m money to the lowest denominator of relatives, just for spite, and just because he's a boomer.

Blogger tdcommenter June 14, 2021 8:52 PM  

@57 It's the gamma flounce.

Blogger Hammerli 280 June 14, 2021 9:28 PM  

$150 million...and I suspect Vox won't be satisfied until he claps a couple of zeroes onto that. Then buys the Hellmouth, fills it in, and makes $150 billion or so making movies.

Blogger Crew June 14, 2021 9:29 PM  

Seems Boomers are leaving the workforce in great numbers now.

It's not clear whether that's because they care about subsequent generations or they are just giving up.

Blogger shadohand (akuma sock account# 7373636 ...crazy only responds to crazy) June 14, 2021 9:38 PM  

@Charlie

Ok Boomer! Do you remember when the Plandemic started, and who got called out? It wasn't the Boomers, it was the Millenials who were told to stay out of bars and to socially distance. The White House said that. Yet Boomers were given a free pass to do whatever they pleased.

Boomers fired the first shot of this Intergenerational War, and don't like it that we (i.e. Gen X and Millenials) are now shooting back, and launching Pillows.

Blogger SciVo June 14, 2021 9:58 PM  

@OneWingedShark:
Just imagine a world inhabited by immortal Boomers.

Real estate sales pitch: "It's like Florida crossed with Hell!"

Blogger UrbanBight June 14, 2021 10:13 PM  

The boomer understands they will end up in a nursing home, molested and beaten for their inability to use the toilet by themselves. Their time is short, and the desperation for some spiritual meaning has them running around, donating to charity scams. They are a generation of Ahabs and Jezebels, whose thoughts are focused on being relevant to the younger generations that only see them as creepy freaks, narcissistic in their hubris. They have turned to strangers and media to raise their children, while they frolicked and used drugs and went to the clinics to treat their V.D.s to the point that the diseases are, for lack of a better term, weaponized. They made trades and unions into exclusive clubs where you had to be part of the nepotism if you hoped to get into one. While technology progressed and jobs were reduced, they sought to outsource the jobs that were left to foreign nations, or replace the workers with said foreigners by abusing visas, so that they could make a few more dollars to fatten their pockets. They weakened churches so that they only message they receive from the pulpit, is one of warm milk, because why would they want to be convicted by a Holy God?
A vile and evil generation they are. They will die in the wilderness of Sinai, never seeing the promises of God.

Blogger Br'er Shaygetz June 14, 2021 10:24 PM  

T-34 and Panfilov's 28 come to mind...epic stuff

Blogger Br'er Shaygetz June 14, 2021 10:30 PM  

$150 mil is an awful lot of sniff...be hard for me to turn down--unless it came with "the ticket".

Blogger Beefus June 14, 2021 10:34 PM  

"Go pretend that your comic books are important."

I subscribed to Arktoons even though you can read it for free. Think about that, boomer.

Blogger Br'er Shaygetz June 14, 2021 10:35 PM  

My kids have always been encouraged to read manga and watch anime. My daughter is quite the anime artist now, I'm quite pleased.

Blogger Unknown June 14, 2021 10:48 PM  

Ouch, it must hurt, so bad....

"I'm spending my children's inheritance." Slapped on every RV bumper from the 1990s on.

Ouch...your surviving children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren all regard you as...scumbags. That includes your miscegenated kids, your mulattos and hapas. Your half-spic kids as well.

Blogger Unknown June 14, 2021 10:54 PM  

So you're saying its about the money...yes it's something Boomers can understand! :)

Blogger Raker_T June 14, 2021 10:59 PM  

I'm slammed busy, with some neat projects, so I can't contemplate these things as I'd like to. Some random thoughts:
Is there a similarity between a Jew who thinks he's righteous because he has $, and a materialistic Boomer who doesn't think about the world around him?
There's something powerful, like dark persuasion, about trendiness. Were the Boomers hit harder with trends than others? How else do you explain striped bell bottoms with pork chop sideburns? It hasn't stopped. People pay good money for jeans with holes in them. That's so beyond comprehension that I don't even try. I get a cringe when a decent pair of jeans gets its first snag. The drab casual wear and ratty clothes must be a divine retribution for spiritual condition. Castaway look is next.
I'm at the tail end of that generation, maybe being on the other side of the law made my anti establishment thoughts into a long term distrust of government. Not sure but what's puzzling is how the anti establishment rhetoric never went beyond Vietnam War bad, and don't trust the man. Never went to central banking schemes or State's rights. They became the establishment they denounced.
Previously, I thought VD put out a Boomer thread when he was bored and wanted to kick the Boomer hive to watch the activity. But after reading about the retirement village with fabricated history and dumpy old cheerleaders, I realized it was no joke. Still, it seems like a low value target (yes "My S-s-s-sufication is funny)
Whatever, once again I can't know the mind of VD, there's a gulf betwixt us. Life lately has made me more pragmatic than ever, so I'm going to see if I can leverage this Boomer hate in a practical way. I read a guy on the internet who said to stay focused on attacking the enemy. So the plan is to make cards that show a boxy old couple next to a motorhome. Across the top: Mainstream media is for Boomers. Below the cartoon:
Don't Boomer.
Don't be gullible.
Don't be lied to.

Blogger Fishslinger_Bear June 14, 2021 11:02 PM  

I'm Gen X and have been working in the same career for over 25 years. The few remaining boomers about to retire that I work with, previously retired boomer co-workers, my boomer relatives, and a few boomer neighbors and friends all repeatedly ask me when I plan on retiring. I tell them that I will have to work well into my 70s if not until I die and they just look at me dumbfounded and ask why I think that in total disbelief. I then explain to them that I have no expectations that my pension and SS will be sufficient or even persist to support me and my wife considering the rate of inflation, healthcare, massive tax increases coming, wars, and the impending economic and societal collapse. They then continue to look at me dumbfounded. That is how far their heads are up their own asses from reality.

Blogger Thomas James Foster June 14, 2021 11:03 PM  

Your relentless saturnine encircling and artillery fire upon the boomer is very entertaining. They absolutely have it coming.

Blogger Kristophr June 14, 2021 11:26 PM  

Boomers make me embarrassed and ashamed to have hit 60 this year.

Seriously, either find Christ, or do us all a favor and take up a dangerous sport.

Blogger RamboBearRon June 14, 2021 11:34 PM  

But but but Mr. Day... My father's vanguard 2025 targeted retirement fund did 3 points above S&P benchmarks. So see, he's invested in my children's futures. Plus the lake house is nice to visit once or twice a year.

Blogger Vernon June 14, 2021 11:35 PM  

Anyone who doesn't understand that politics is downstream of culture just hasn't been paying attention.

Blogger D. June 14, 2021 11:36 PM  

Mr.Vox Day,

Are you getting any remuneration from Mike Lindell? Best wishes.

Blogger Canadian Warlord June 14, 2021 11:37 PM  

Frozen Territory, re. borders:
If you want into canada you have to 'dress jihad.' Or try to appear Chinese.

Blogger Crew June 14, 2021 11:39 PM  

Can we create a Boomer Bashing site that would sell for $150M or more?

Blogger Punkindrublik June 14, 2021 11:44 PM  

My Dennis Hopper voice: Your just a literary janitor, man. If is this middle word of life!!

My inner "me" voice: Humble Thanks for all your work to preserve that which need preserving. Will contribute $ to such efforts ASAHFP

Blogger DoubleB June 14, 2021 11:53 PM  

$150 million, chump change. Vox only deals in skulls.

Blogger Punkindrublik June 14, 2021 11:54 PM  

Weren't Humpty Dumpty, and other Nursery Rhymes, just political comics/commentary?

Why should now be any different?

Blogger Punkindrublik June 15, 2021 12:03 AM  

Didn't Boomer give us deposable diapers?

Blogger Doktor Jeep June 15, 2021 12:11 AM  

From the generation that continues to pretend its important.

Blogger Tim Gilley June 15, 2021 12:11 AM  

I am a boomer by demographic definition, but detest most of my generation's preoccupation with status, sports and entertainment. Who's in the Superbowl? I don't know. Latest movie? Beats me. I prefer to live according to 1Thess4:11. I am an avid reader of history, war and science fiction. Currently reading the works of Aristotle. No way to talk to friends about these things and it doesn't matter.

Blogger Unknown June 15, 2021 12:28 AM  

...mic drop ( Hail the Darklord ) Proud to be right here, right now !

Blogger Xellos June 15, 2021 1:02 AM  

Boomer is projecting, as usual. DOTP will be glorious.

Blogger Primus Pilus June 15, 2021 1:10 AM  

OneWingedShark wrote:Just imagine a world inhabited by immortal Boomers.

But we already have Midnight's War!

IAMSpartacus0000 wrote:My children watch Anime more than the US CARTOONS and i encourage it because they dont have all the gay sh!t you g-g-generation brought in.

Manga/Anime is the only mass storytelling medium left that isn't completely pozzed.

Blogger Gregory the Tall June 15, 2021 2:14 AM  

The problem is that a sin remains a sin even if you did not (fully) understand it was one when you committed it. Therefore the boomers have only one way out: at least repent.

Blogger Harambe June 15, 2021 2:45 AM  

Boomers only know about spending money, not making it first

Blogger Bryce June 15, 2021 2:57 AM  

When I was your aghhhhh...

Blogger Michael June 15, 2021 3:24 AM  

Every time you write g-g-g-generation, I have that stupid boomer song stuck in my head. :-)

Blogger Harambe June 15, 2021 5:20 AM  

Michael wrote:Every time you write g-g-g-generation, I have that stupid boomer song stuck in my head. :-)

I am blessed to not know what song that comes from. Only reference I have is for a local takeaway franchise who used that in their jingle. And I like their food so please don't ruin it for me.

Blogger VD June 15, 2021 5:42 AM  

So you're saying its about the money.

No, Gamma. It's not about the money. I'm putting its importance in terms the Boomer can understand.

Blogger Emmanuel June 15, 2021 5:49 AM  

You could also let the boomenters comment, while you keep churning top level comics that most of your readers are extremely happy to read. The comics market is ripe for disrutpion, and you could be the disruptor !

Arkhaven is a non-marginal schwerpunkt in the Culture War, and a battle our side seems to be winning.

Blogger VD June 15, 2021 6:10 AM  

$150 mil is an awful lot of sniff...be hard for me to turn down--unless it came with "the ticket".

It ALWAYS comes with the ticket. No one else has that kind of money to spend.

Blogger SciVo June 15, 2021 6:15 AM  

@Fishslinger_Bear:
I tell them that I will have to work well into my 70s if not until I die and they just look at me dumbfounded and ask why I think that in total disbelief. I then explain to them that I have no expectations that my pension and SS will be sufficient or even persist to support me and my wife considering the rate of inflation, healthcare, massive tax increases coming, wars, and the impending economic and societal collapse. They then continue to look at me dumbfounded. That is how far their heads are up their own asses from reality.

The part that always blows my mind -- although it shouldn't at this point -- is how they must have never had even one serious conversation with any Gen-Xer, ever.

I'm talking 30+ years of avoidance. We've known this since high school -- only the details were TBD -- and they're just now discovering what we think? Typical.

Blogger SacrificialLamb June 15, 2021 6:18 AM  

"Go pretend that your comic books are important."

~Some Idiot Boomer


Comic books are an aspect of the culture war, Boomer. If you had your head screwed on right, you'd understand this.

@70. UrbanBight

The boomer understands they will end up in a nursing home, molested and beaten for their inability to use the toilet by themselves.


No, they don't. Boomers do NOT understand this. Most of them haven't figured out the nursing home issue. Imagine being 65-years-old, and still being totally oblivious to how the world works. It boggles the mind.

There are SHOCKINGLY large numbers of foreign blacks working in American nursing homes. That is not a coincidence. And if you are racially realistic (with intact survival instincts), you NEVER want to be cared for or treated by foreign blacks.....especially when you're in the most vulnerable condition of your life.

And if you pointed this out to Boomers, most of them would either totally ignore what you say about this issue...or viciously denigrate you as a racist. The Boomers have historically fled from recognizing reality, and they'll take their selfish and self-righteous reality-denying stupidity with them.....

....to the pillow, and to the grave.

Oh, and by the way.....it's not your white neighbors who will give you Boomers the pillow. You'll instead be smothered in your sleep by some black guy named Onkwani, and the corrupt administrators of the nursing home will list your death as "Covid-19". Meanwhile, millions of you other idiot Boomers are eagerly (and desperately) taking "the Jab of Death", because you Boomer idiots keep accepting every single Judeo-Satanic narrative you're given. It's the younger generations who will clean up your mess, after you selfish and stupid Boomer locusts are gone.

This is the dystopian world you fought for, Boomers. Enjoy it.

Blogger SciVo June 15, 2021 6:28 AM  

@Rakwr_T:
Across the top: Mainstream media is for Boomers. Below the cartoon:
Don't Boomer.
Don't be gullible.
Don't be lied to.


Consider the power of concision. You already have 1000 words in the picture.

Across the top: Megacorp media is for suckers. Below: Don't be "that guy".

You've seen how Boomers react to explicit criticism of their g-g-generation. Let the image tell that part of the story.

Blogger Rick Viall June 15, 2021 6:47 AM  

Bravo on the Arktoon accomplishments. Still waiting on the delivery of Lives I. Yeah, I'm a boomer weary of the gross overgeneralizations. According to the assertions there must have been boomers involved in every societal debacle from the Roman story through Weimar to the present. Boomers, it is said, derive their identity from work. Millennials, for example, are defined by their love of time off. If I am at work, which I admit I enjoy and someone else is off counting butterflies in a field, how do you think that turns out economically?

Blogger Uncompliant June 15, 2021 7:11 AM  

"T-34 and Panfilov's 28 come to mind...epic stuff"

Yep, good movies. Can find em on U Tube

Blogger BillFromDaytona June 15, 2021 7:28 AM  

I was born the last year of the Boomers, so there was a transition ... am well aware of how annoying the generation was.

It was like constantly showing up very late for the party and told how great it was. But here's the thing: the party was still happening ... and then it ended.

While I think over-generalization is unfair, there has been a narcissism to popular culture Boomerism that is insufferable and became more insufferable.

Literally, nothing ever happened until it happened to Boomers. As they moved through life, whatever stage they were in became the Most Important Thing Ever. My father and his friends were pretty disgusted by the whole thing. He thought the Boomer generation were fools.

The big crimes: abortion (more than a million a year in the 80s), day-care at 6 weeks, wholesale abandonment of Christianity and not baptizing their (who are now heathen), and the layoffs, outsourcing, offshoring, and basically selling off America to China in the 90s. On the academic front, the Boomer professors were mostly draft dodgers who embraced Critical Theory and wrecked the universities.

Blogger Charlie June 15, 2021 7:39 AM  

@shadohand

So basically, because the government screwed both the pooch and all of us, you hate boomers?

This is the kind of response I am talking about. Wishing death on a group of people, not for what they have done, but for when they were born just calls into question you.

Blogger Glen Sprigg June 15, 2021 7:52 AM  

Charlie wrote:@shadohand

So basically, because the government screwed both the pooch and all of us, you hate boomers?

This is the kind of response I am talking about. Wishing death on a group of people, not for what they have done, but for when they were born just calls into question you.


Once again, the Boomer demonstrates his complete inability to grasp the point.

YOU are the government, and have been since the 1990s. You have taken every mistake your parents made and doubled down on it. You didn't start the fire, but you poured gallons of gasoline on it and danced as the flames got higher and higher. You have made your own personal pleasure the centerpiece of your narcissistic universes, and have gone through this world like the ten plagues of Egypt, leaving nothing but devastation and ruin in your wake. You have clung to your political and economic power like barnacles in a hurricane, and have left your own children and grandchildren to rot while you continue to live it up.

And as more and more of you throw up your hands and whine that you can't do anything about the world going to hell, you just reinforce your entire generation's uselessness and locust-status. And once you're gone, we're going to have to pick up the pieces and try to rebuild a shattered culture. And you've made damn sure that we won't have the resources available to do it, because you've shipped everything overseas in your quest for a slightly-bigger 401K.

None of you have the slightest clue what you're leaving behind, because none of you have the self-awareness to look back and see what you've done. And that is why you will be the only generation whose demise will be celebrated by your descendants. The ones you didn't slaughter in the womb, at least.

Blogger Brian Dean June 15, 2021 8:00 AM  

I'm not a fan of comic books myself. However
1) I won't waste my time trying to tell you that you should "elevate your tastes" or whatever. You are free to publish them and I am free to not read them.
2) As they say, money talks and bullshit walks.

Blogger Dan in Georgia June 15, 2021 8:19 AM  

Crew wrote:Seems Boomers are leaving the workforce in great numbers now.

It's not clear whether that's because they care about subsequent generations or they are just giving up.


Retirement age, 401k blowing up, and the house they should be leaving to their kids is at peak market value, why waste that kind of money them? We did it with GRIT!

Blogger Dan in Georgia June 15, 2021 8:22 AM  

Beefus wrote:"Go pretend that your comic books are important."

I subscribed to Arktoons even though you can read it for free. Think about that, boomer.


Me too, and my boomer pals don't understand why.

Blogger Mikesbo June 15, 2021 8:38 AM  

@109, they need someone to hate. It's amusing that a group who lambast the concept of "magic dirt" have themselves adopted "magic date", with all those on one side being good and all those on the other irredeemably evil.

The fact I have nothing at all in common with the likes or acts of George Soros, jeff Bezos (1964, so very nearly an X'er, whew), or Bill Gates, does not spare me the blame for their actions, because "magic date."

It sounds very much like another group of people in this day and age except that rather than elitist racism and attacking your own to virtue signal, it is openly attacking an out-group defined by "magic date" to virtue signal, more old school.

The youngest boomers are pushing 60. The oldest X'ers are, also, pushing 60, and have been gaining in control for decades. One would expect them to be turning things around, their being on the right side of "magic date" and all, but I guess the evil of those on the wrong side of "magic date" is just too strong, or they all have to die first, or something...

Blogger I’ve Seen Things You People Wouldn’t Believe June 15, 2021 8:45 AM  

@58 Just imagine a world inhabited by immortal Boomers.

No need to imagine, just go to The Villages, Florida, Where narcissism IS your HOA.

Blogger Ominous Cowherd June 15, 2021 8:56 AM  

Canadian Warlord wrote:The Boomers are just mad because they can't go on their annual migration to Alaska.
Alaska thanks you for stopping the plague of Winnibagos.

Blogger Non-Spinning Regular Tie June 15, 2021 9:03 AM  

@109

It's definitely for what the Boomer has done. According to Boomer "logic", actions are just these weird little things that happen and magically nobody does them.

(Apologies to the concept of logic and putting Boomer next to it.)

Blogger Non-Spinning Regular Tie June 15, 2021 9:05 AM  

@114 And yet, you categorically identify yourself with that cohort.

I don't identify with car thieves born the same year I was because I'm not a car thief.

Blogger wgmeisheid June 15, 2021 9:09 AM  

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately (thank our host) about my generation and its many, many failures, trying to discern what it is real and what is not and I suddenly thought of something we are absolutely guilty of and that is promoting the idea of a "bucket list." Before Boomers die they create a list of things they want to experience so as to give their last days meaning. It was exemplified in the 2007 movie with Nicholson and Freeman.

It is a thoroughly modern phrase and given its requirements, a marked Boomer concern, one that exemplifies the "spending it all before I go out" mentality with a strong focus on what the Boomer thinks is important and what will give their fading days meaning. Narcissistic to the core.

Its first use appeared in 2004, "in the context of things to do before one kicks the bucket (a phrase in use since at least 1785) in the book Unfair & Unbalanced: The Lunatic Magniloquence of Henry E. Panky, by Patrick M. Carlisle. That work includes the sentences, “So, anyway, a Great Man, in his querulous twilight years, who doesn’t want to go gently into that blacky black night. He wants to cut loose, dance on the razor’s edge, pry the lid off his bucket list!” https://slate.com/culture/2011/11/bucket-list-what-s-the-origin-of-the-term.html.

The only bucket list I can think of is what God has left for me to do. Nothing else should matter as your time winds down. I know he has things for us to do, even near the end, because Psalm 92:14 says "The righteous still bear fruit in their old age, they are ever full of sap and green." That sap and green should be in service to God, not fulfilling some narcissistic bucket list.

Blogger Ariadne Umbrella June 15, 2021 9:19 AM  

There are academic books measuring children's literacy. It turns out, the kids who have access to comic books are more literate. They absorb literacy, they teach themselves independently, and they have a better sense of story, pacing and references, than following an academic literacy program.

It's been measured, repeatedly, since at least the 1950s. There's a reason the Poz targeted comics. That's the last group of broadly literate children in the West.

Blogger rcocean June 15, 2021 9:58 AM  

"So, what you're saying is" = Gamma Tell.

Blogger Bill Henry June 15, 2021 10:24 AM  

Awesome... Awesome Vox...

You need to be a gazillionaire... take the fight to the fu**heads directly. Think of what you could get done if you are your own bank..

Wish you luck..

Blogger WITCHOUND June 15, 2021 10:27 AM  

Alas, the day of the pillow can't come soon enough.

Blogger Darren June 15, 2021 10:44 AM  

@Harambe
Bless your innocence.

May the mods nuke from orbit any comment that even hints at the name of the song or "artist".

Blogger Darren June 15, 2021 10:47 AM  

Day Of The Pillow: sponsored by Mike Lindell?

Even that would never happen...

Blogger B.R. June 15, 2021 11:07 AM  

I blame the parents and grandparents of the Boomers for creating the mess we are in.

They're the ones who marched off to fight unnecessary wars in Europe, the Pacific, Korea, and Vietnam.

They're the ones who opened up the country to millions of hostile foreigners.

They're the ones who tore down the fabric of society by banning neighborhood covenants and other means of keeping ourselves safe.

The Boomers were too young to have done any of that. They just happened to be there at the right time.

Blogger OneWingedShark June 15, 2021 11:33 AM  

SciVo wrote:@OneWingedShark:
Just imagine a world inhabited by immortal Boomers.
Real estate sales pitch: "It's like Florida crossed with Hell!"

New Mexican client: "So… Texas?"

Darren wrote:@Harambe
Bless your innocence.
May the mods nuke from orbit any comment that even hints at the name of the song or "artist".

I mean if anyone wanted to find out (but… why?), I'm sure all they'd have to do is pop it into a search engine.

Blogger RC June 15, 2021 11:50 AM  

@UrbanBight wrote, "A vile and evil generation they are. They will die in the wilderness of Sinai, never seeing the promises of God."

I take your point but it's even worse in my mind. We saw the land full of milk and honey, prosperity and peace. My generation lived in it, enjoyed its bounty, yet rejected our God, his Wisdom, and his Word. Hopefully God will send us a Josiah to break through the programming and restore God to his place but, if not, we certainly deserve justice be meted out in the way of God's choosing.

Blogger wgmeisheid June 15, 2021 12:52 PM  

RC wrote:@UrbanBight wrote, "A vile and evil generation they are. They will die in the wilderness of Sinai, never seeing the promises of God."

I take your point but it's even worse in my mind. We saw the land full of milk and honey, prosperity and peace. My generation lived in it, enjoyed its bounty, yet rejected our God, his Wisdom, and his Word. Hopefully God will send us a Josiah to break through the programming and restore God to his place but, if not, we certainly deserve justice be meted out in the way of God's choosing.

My generation was very much the book of Judges 17:6 where "In those days there was no king in Israel. Everyone did what was right in his own eyes." God's judgement was hard on that generation and it will/has been be on this one.

Blogger Mikesbo June 15, 2021 1:34 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger map June 15, 2021 2:34 PM  

$150 million?

That's measuring your success in ROGANS.

Blogger rumpole5 June 15, 2021 5:14 PM  

@BR re: "blame the parents and grandparents" -

Good that you have the context, but there was still enough left that Boomers could and should have tried harder to change things. Instead, a critical mass of Boomers jumped on the scream engine to hell and pushed down on the throttle. His Dark Lordship has that point nailed, I'm afraid. No good excuse. Sorry I didn't try harder. I've had a great life, but I fear for my son and grandson.

Blogger Balam June 15, 2021 6:48 PM  

@B.R.
''The Boomers were too young''

Yeah those 70 year old youngsters! Maybe in another decade or two they'll age up enough to change things.

When Boomers want to do something nothing will stop them. In the Boomers eyes the law be damned. When they want to torture people they'll just outsource it. When they want to devastate the environment and pay slave wages they'll just do it outside the purview of US law or enact unpaid internships. When they want to gamble on the stock market they'll let investment and savings banks merge by changing the law. When they want to enslave children and enrich themselves whilst keeping younger people out of the employment pool as competition they'll enact suicidal student loans, mandated degree HR centers, and make sure they can't be discharged in any circumstances. When the Boomer wants his boner...oh boy they'll rush that right on through the FDA while life saving drugs linger for decades in beurocratic hell. When they want to keep profits high while being lazy shits they'll extend copyright law and change workers unions to be boomer unions.

The Boomers did whatever they wanted. Do you assert that the Boomers had no power nor will to change the law as it suited them, and cleverly going around it when they could not change it? They demonstrated immense ability to enact their will and still retain such power as the corona lockdowns have proven.

It's such a dishonest argument. The reason many shitty circumstances in society still exist after the reign of the Boomer is because a Boomer wanted it that way. At a certain point it's a feature, not a flaw, and a lifetime of unheard of wealth power and opportunity is certainly that point.

Blogger Charlie June 15, 2021 6:49 PM  

Glen Sprigg wrote...

Once again, the Boomer demonstrates his complete inability to grasp the point.

I get the point. I don't get the 2 facedness of hate and Christianity.

Blogger VD June 15, 2021 7:14 PM  

I don't get the 2 facedness of hate and Christianity.

That's because Boomers never understood that Christians are supposed to hate the wicked, not embrace the temptations they offer you.

Blogger Fletch June 15, 2021 10:56 PM  

@70 Fantastic. Thank you

Blogger Fletch June 16, 2021 9:16 AM  

"Millennials, for example, are defined by their love of time off. If I am at work, which I admit I enjoy and someone else is off counting butterflies in a field, how do you think that turns out economically?"

What makes you think Millennials care about the economy? There is measurably ONE generation which is invested in perpetual growth at the cost of all else. Millennials see no future, and have no little in the present. Why the hell would they work to sustain the unsustainable for people who equate their failure to enjoy work as chasing butterflies? Enjoying work is not a virtue.

When the younger generation gets past the point of pretending they will get the lifestyle previous generations had, and embrace a Spartan or Monastic living style, they'll starve the beast living on rice and beans and refusing to consooom. I speak mostly of huuuite millennials, as others are already aware how behind the 8-ball they are, and will live on UBI/Unemployment/Disability.

A less idealized form of Going Galt with a similar outcome.

Blogger PJW Gent June 16, 2021 11:20 AM  

Fletch wrote:
When the younger generation gets past the point of pretending they will get the lifestyle previous generations had, and embrace a Spartan or Monastic living style, they'll starve the beast living on rice and beans and refusing to consooom. I speak mostly of huuuite millennials, as others are already aware how behind the 8-ball they are, and will live on UBI/Unemployment/Disability.

A less idealized form of Going Galt with a similar outcome.

Interesting, so you advocate consuming without producing as a moral act, despite what Paul said in 2 Thessalonians 3:11 "For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: 'The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.'"

Work was mandated by God in Genesis 3:19 "By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return." This has nothing to with having a great lifestyle, which is soft hedonism, but acting responsibly before God as we are all supposed to do. You have a lot of twisted thinking to straighten out there Mr. Fletch.

Blogger Akulkis June 16, 2021 11:31 AM  

Just because you are able to do something doesn't mean that you SHOULD do it.

Hence, the 2nd most significant indicator for having a venereal disease, behind being a prostitute, is living in a retirement community, assisted living facility, or nursing home.

Blogger Akulkis June 16, 2021 11:41 AM  

>> The only "fight" the Boomer understands is a toy-tossing temper tantrum when they don't get "what they deserve".

There is an interesting observation from an advertising exec years ago. As the biggest target market for most of the advertising companies clients changed from Silents to Boomers, henoted:

To sell to [the Silent Generation], you say, "because you EARNED it.". To sell to the Baby Boomers, you say, "because you DESERVE it."

The sense of entitlement to everything, earned or not, is the heart of the Boomers' civilization-desyroying levels of greed, and their attitude of absolute contempt towards everyone whose life has been severely damaged, if not ended early, due to public-sector and private-sector policies which have only one purpose -- benefitting Boomers at the expense of everyone else, especially the succeeding generations who have, even when working comparatively well-paying high end positions, have less disposable income than retired Boomers, even if the younger man has no wife and no kids.

Blogger Akulkis June 16, 2021 11:52 AM  

"He who dies with the most toys wins!" has been a saying displayed by American Boomers for at least 2 decades now.

This is why they collect guitars that they don't know how to play, and buy and keep houses that they will never live in. Emotionally stuck at 3-years old. It's just a rewording of "If it feels good, do it!"

Blogger Akulkis June 16, 2021 12:04 PM  

Tell us, Boomer, about how your generation didn't literally disparage ALL preceding generations by both word (Complaining about cultural norms as "old fashioned" and "based on superstitions", call for ending civilization-destabilizing norms such as shunning the floozy with her bastard children, and defending such proposals against all criticism (which time has proven as correct) with "Slippery Slope Fallacy! Slippery Slope Fallacy!") and in deed (literally destroying over 80% of the pillars of our civilization), all in pursuit of a perpetually, never-ending life of hedonism. Which even disability doesn't interfere with, as Baby Boomers became part of nursing home populations, venereal disease rates skyrocketed, and continue unabated to this very day.

Don't you ever tire of being stuck on Stupid mode your entire life?

Blogger OneWingedShark June 16, 2021 12:08 PM  

Fletch wrote:What makes you think Millennials care about the economy? There is measurably ONE generation which is invested in perpetual growth at the cost of all else. Millennials see no future, and have no little in the present.
The last time Millennials "invested" the Boomer-infested markets cried out in pain, unable to understand it wasn't about 'Winning!' but about 'Sending a Message."
Here's the synopsis, in video-form.

Blogger Akulkis June 16, 2021 12:16 PM  

@64 conifers

You would be wrong. The baby boomer leaves the majority of his wealth to an unaccountable 501(c)3 non-profit organization which was formed for the express purpose of further destroying the pillars of American and Western civilization, such as PETA, the ACLU, or other activist groups are built on Malthusian ideas to put us back into a feudalistic society, travelling on foot,Cor government-controlled (not merely regulated) mass transit.

Blogger Fletch June 16, 2021 1:39 PM  

@PJW Gent, perhaps you should untwist your reading. I did not claim any of it was moral, I said enjoying work is not a virtue.

Parents who "enjoy" work tend to spend more time there than is necessary leaving latch-key kids to grow up via teevee.

The conclusion I suppose is an inevitable result, not a personally preferable outcome. However, given the context of this generational dispute, the UBI/Welfare "taker" is "taking" far less than the generation which borrows and prints in the trillions.

The former is only capable of stealing from one generation.

@OneWingedShark, and much lulz were had. Gamers figuring out cheat codes for boosting leverage in brokerage apps and gambling with imaginary fiat is as inevitable as it is hilarious. I'm cheerfully awaiting the next zoomer headge-fund raid.

Also, sorry I still can't figure out how to quote.

▲ ▲

Blogger PJW Gent June 16, 2021 4:18 PM  

Fletch wrote:Also, sorry I still can't figure out how to quote.

Click on the number and it will highlight the whole post. Copy and use that for your starter, deleting as necessary.

As to consuming without producing or taking advantage of the system for personal gain. I put all of this on the same level. Instead of "the devil made me do it" they argue "the boomer made me do it." Neither stand the test and both bring the same result.

Blogger Fletch June 16, 2021 8:26 PM  

I agree. I'm just an observer of my helpless generation. Praise the Lord for helping me to escape the generational despair!

Blogger Akulkis June 16, 2021 10:21 PM  

I knew at the age of 10 years old, in 1975, that even *if* I ever saw a single dollar of social security, it would be paltry compared to the purchasing power which was paid in. How did I know this? Simple. One morning, after delivering the Detroit Free Press, and reading it while eating breakfast before leaving for school, I noticed an article about how Congress had "borrowed" many Billions of dollars from the Social Security Trust Fund (to have the money to pay for all of the socialist programs the Baby Boomers were demanding, by rioting in the streets).

The story was on page A12 or so... Just past the middle of a 20-page Section A (News + 2 pages of Op/Ed). In other words, buried. Because it wasn't front page news, this told me that this kind of thing had become routine because it had been going on for so long.


As far as I am concerned, no Boomer should get even a single dime of Socialist Security.

"But ewhy???? We payed into it for our entire lives?"

"Yeah, and your share of your FICA contributios were spent so that black children enrolled in Headstart could become functionally illiterate a full 2 years later than black children who did not participate in the program, and the rest of your FICA was spent renting large apartments, and buying luxury automobiles for inner city women to have 6+ children by 6+ different men, without ever getting married to any of those men."

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts